• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Screen not working on car startup...

Travelguy2500

Cars
Lucid Dream Edition P
Anybody else having this problem on vehicle startup? Intermittently (about 1 or 2 times a week) when I get into the car and it starts up, the far right screen doesn't work - i see static/flickering/dead space (like below) and only a reboot (turn signal, lock doors) will bring it back to normal.

I was advised this was a known software issue but I 1) haven't seen it mentioned by anybody else so didn't know if it was just me or others were seeing it as well and 2) if it may - in fact - be a hardware issue.

Really annoying - esp at night it's distracting and, in the case below, i had a full car leaving a restaurant and it wasn't practical to pull over, restart the car, etc. so I just drove home with it. Of course, when that screen is dead, no access to nav/radio/garage door control, etc.

Lucid Dash.jpg

First time I've ever seen that tbh

1.1.5 - this issue appeared right after I took delivery and has persisted through each update...

I am definitely leaning this way; that was my first though though was told software issue but if nobody else is seeing it, software seems suspect ...

Anybody else having this problem on vehicle startup? Intermittently (about 1 or 2 times a week) when I get into the car and it starts up, the far right screen doesn't work - i see static/flickering/dead space (like below) and only a reboot (turn signal, lock doors) will bring it back to normal.

I was advised this was a known software issue but I 1) haven't seen it mentioned by anybody else so didn't know if it was just me or others were seeing it as well and 2) if it may - in fact - be a hardware issue.

Really annoying - esp at night it's distracting and, in the case below, i had a full car leaving a restaurant and it wasn't practical to pull over, restart the car, etc. so I just drove home with it. Of course, when that screen is dead, no access to nav/radio/garage door control, etc.

View attachment 710
I've never seen this in 2+ months. Guess I missed one of the glitches.

Definitely a hardware issue. Looks like a dying video card or loose video cable. Get service out to fix it.

I’ve also never seen it.

Thanks - after being told several times it was a software issue, service (Palm Beach) seems to be listening and that it’s a hardware issue. I only wish it hadn’t taken them a month to come to the same conclusion I did a few days after delivery. And now they will start getting engineering involved (vs a month ago???) I hope someone from Lucid reads these forums. I am getting better service from my Hyundai dealer with my Santa Cruz. I really want to love this car and so far I’ve had fewer issues than my first Model S (also one of the first few hundred delivered) but just barely ….. great car + awful service = bad car.

Thanks - after being told several times it was a software issue, service (Palm Beach) seems to be listening and that it’s a hardware issue. I only wish it hadn’t taken them a month to come to the same conclusion I did a few days after delivery. And now they will start getting engineering involved (vs a month ago???) I hope someone from Lucid reads these forums. I am getting better service from my Hyundai dealer with my Santa Cruz. I really want to love this car and so far I’ve had fewer issues than my first Model S (also one of the first few hundred delivered) but just barely ….. great car + awful service = bad car.

Was it *service* saying it was a software issue or customer care? I have found that with any hardware issues, service (at Millbrae, granted) has been exceptional and instant.

Service at the Palm Beach service center not customer care I haBe also had an issue with moisture behind one of the camera housings ( you can see it fogging up behind the covering in front of the camera) and still waiting on a hardware fix for that - it’s one of the cameras used for driver assistance so affects those systems as well.. first contact is usually positive then silence …

T
Service at the Palm Beach service center not customer care I haBe also had an issue with moisture behind one of the camera housings ( you can see it fogging up behind the covering in front of the camera) and still waiting on a hardware fix for that - it’s one of the cameras used for driver assistance so affects those systems as well.. first contact is usually positive then silence …
That stinks, in Beverly Hills when my car needed service I got a text from the service manager at least every other day to update me on the status of parts. When they actually had my car, I got a text with a morning update and an afternoon update on the status of repairs.

Latest update service is coming to my house tomorrow to ‘get some files’ from the car to send to engineering ….

I would write an email to customer care about your experience with service; Lucid really cares about making the service experience exceptional, so I imagine they would appreciate the feedback.

I emailed that I’d asked on the forum if others were experiencing similar and the answers back were no so they are aware of that and, while I have no definitive proof, my experience with early adopters and active forums is that the manufactures often keep an eye on sonsumer feedback and it can generate some ‘hustle’ in responses. It shouldn’t matter - ever customer should be treated similarly - but my father was always a believer in sometimes you’ve got to be the squeaky wheel to get some oil LOL

I emailed that I’d asked on the forum if others were experiencing similar and the answers back were no so they are aware of that and, while I have no definitive proof, my experience with early adopters and active forums is that the manufactures often keep an eye on sonsumer feedback and it can generate some ‘hustle’ in responses. It shouldn’t matter - ever customer should be treated similarly - but my father was always a believer in sometimes you’ve got to be the squeaky wheel to get some oil LOL
Making direct contact with Customer Care (telephone or email) creates a record for their support team, independent of exchanges on the forum. The only have a few hundred DE owners out here,, so they are pretty much standing by.

Making direct contact with Customer Care (telephone or email) creates a record for their support team, independent of exchanges on the forum. The only have a few hundred DE owners out here,, so they are pretty much standing by.

Yeah, this was my point. If your experience with Palm Beach service has been subpar they need to know that. They do seem to really care, but they’re counting on the squeaky wheels right now ;)

Done. Emailed details and Copies of prior notes to customer care. Thanks for the suggestion - this is a reason why these forums are gr8

Done. Emailed details and Copies of prior notes to customer care. Thanks for the suggestion - this is a reason why these forums are gr8
Great. I agree with @borski here. Millbrae has been very very on top of things for us. It was a total 180 going from pre to post sales, and in the good way, which in and of itself is a 180 of normal :)

Back