RESOLVED What is the Chime sound after getting into the car after a few seconds

Lavenchi

Cars
Air Touring, Tesla Model
After getting into the car after it's been asleep for awhile there is a chiming sound that plays for 1-2 seconds. I assume it's the car trying to notify me of something but nothing pops up on any of the screens when it happens, I tried asking Alexa if there was a notification but no luck. Does anyone know what it is?

I think the SXM suggestion may be on the right track. I also never use SXM but based on the prior comments I went to the music tab and hit the SXM button. I then heard the same chime and a pop up appeared saying something like “your free trial has started, press the Listen Now button to accept the user agreement”. I did not do so because I don’t plan to use it. I then toggled back to radio and the back to SXM several times and heard the chime and see the pop up each time. I wonder if that pop up is coming up in the background but not visible if not on the SXM screen but we still hear the chime. Maybe those who don’t hear it already accepted the SXM user agreement?
If this is the reason, this is hysterical. Can anyone else confirm? I don't have access to my car this morning otherwise I would be testing to confirm.

I think the SXM suggestion may be on the right track. I also never use SXM but based on the prior comments I went to the music tab and hit the SXM button. I then heard the same chime and a pop up appeared saying something like “your free trial has started, press the Listen Now button to accept the user agreement”. I did not do so because I don’t plan to use it. I then toggled back to radio and the back to SXM several times and heard the chime and see the pop up each time. I wonder if that pop up is coming up in the background but not visible if not on the SXM screen but we still hear the chime. Maybe those who don’t hear it already accepted the SXM user agreement?
Exactly... it went away for me once I accepted all things Sirius XM in the car ..

Interesting. I always get the ding because I get in and immediately hit the brake so the seat starts moving forward, and it goes away when I buckle up haha.

Confirmed to resolve the chime in my hotrod. SXM prompts were driving the sounds. Once I clicked all, it went away. I didn’t accept or sign-in, just clicked until I saw the channels list in the queue box.

Confirmed to resolve the chime in my hotrod. SXM prompts were driving the sounds. Once I clicked all, it went away. I didn’t accept or sign-in, just clicked until I saw the channels list in the queue box.
Awesome! So it was a Sirius XM deal... how odd for lucid to do this...!

Maybe this is the start of a new tradition. The annual holiday mystery jingle brings together the Lucid community as they track down the obscure source of a new chime inserted in a Nov/Dec software update.😂

I will have to check this out because I too have gotten that insidious chime but its so transient that I forget about it until the next time I hear it! Thank YOU!

Sounds like no one has figured out what is causing this. I've also wondered this as well. I don't use SiriusXM. I suppose it would be an interesting data point to see if people who subscribe to Siriux XM DON'T hear the sound.

Sounds like no one has figured out what is causing this. I've also wondered this as well. I don't use SiriusXM. I suppose it would be an interesting data point to see if people who subscribe to Siriux XM DON'T hear the sound.
After coming here last week, that’s exactly what I did. Opted in for the free SiriusXM trial and haven’t heard the chime since.

Wait.... I've been hearing this chime but can't locate any message or light, it's brief so no worries.

But lately I've been getting email spam from Sirius ... (never used it, never will)

Not true . We have a solution... just go and accept the Sirius XM offer in the car .. gone..

Wait.... I've been hearing this chime but can't locate any message or light, it's brief so no worries.

But lately I've been getting email spam from Sirius ... (never used it, never will)
I actually like SiriusXM. All sorts of great channels in there. That said, I use it through my CarPlay for free instead of having a separate account because we have a lifetime account on another vehicle.

We know exactly what’s causing it. Go open up Sirius XM and accept the terms / alert / popup. It won’t pop up after that.

Back