RESOLVED What is the Chime sound after getting into the car after a few seconds

Lavenchi

Cars
Air Touring, Tesla Model
After getting into the car after it's been asleep for awhile there is a chiming sound that plays for 1-2 seconds. I assume it's the car trying to notify me of something but nothing pops up on any of the screens when it happens, I tried asking Alexa if there was a notification but no luck. Does anyone know what it is?

I, too, have heard the chime sound. It sounds anytime I drive, whether the car is moving or stationary. This happens whether I have a phone with me or not, have passengers or not, and whether I have Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on or off, and just about any possible combination thereof. It only happens in the GT on .43, and not on Pure on .42; that is the only difference I have found. I’m beyond puzzled, much like this thread.

I, too, have heard the chime sound. It sounds anytime I drive, whether the car is moving or stationary. This happens whether I have a phone with me or not, have passengers or not, and whether I have Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on or off, and just about any possible combination thereof. It only happens in the GT on .43, and not on Pure on .42; that is the only difference I have found. I’m beyond puzzled, much like this thread.
Figured it out guys. It's the sound of Robustness!

I think it means the toast is ready.

This forum has paid off in spades at making me feel less crazy about noticing every little sound and chime and errant creak! Phew!

I have heard this chime numerous times (I'm still on .42) and scour the displays in a flash to catch the associated message to no avail and assume I missed it or was ... crazy. Thanks for being crazy like me.

I am strongly considering writing to Mike Bell asking him to add a mystery sound to the car at random intervals, just so we can keep having threads like these.

The Lucid engineers must be laughing their butts off at us trying to figure this one out.

Still haven't heard the chime, by the way.

I am strongly considering writing to Mike Bell asking him to add a mystery sound to the car at random intervals, just so we can keep having threads like these.

The Lucid engineers must be laughing their butts off at us trying to figure this one out.

Still haven't heard the chime, by the way.
Same...so I have no idea what y'all are doing with your cars.

This forum has paid off in spades at making me feel less crazy about noticing every little sound and chime and errant creak! Phew!

I have heard this chime numerous times (I'm still on .42) and scour the displays in a flash to catch the associated message to no avail and assume I missed it or was ... crazy. Thanks for being crazy like me.
You're welcome I guess...

I’m pretty sure it’s connection of vehicle to a network, WiFi or cellular networks. I noticed the cellular bars popup when I started driving away and turned off WiFi to hear it again when it connected from inside the garage.

I did notice the sound almost sounds exactly like the camera recording sound on iOS.

Are we sure this isn’t a hunt for a delayed phone sound/alert occurring over Bluetooth?

Alright, so I turned back on my Ringtone and Touch Feedback and hear this chime each time.

Sounds like a car finished booting chime.

Repro steps -> turn up ringtone sound -> walk away and lock car -> unlock car -> sit and wait a hot minute

100% reproduceable and I did try to disconnect/connect my phone multiple times (that didn’t trigger it)

Back to turning this off.

Last edited:
I've heard the chime while just using the valet card and no phone, so it's not linked to using an android device

Ok… need someone to help with this. I think I narrowed it to the Sirius XM app. It chimes for log in screen to notify you. It will still stream for me but requires a log in. I clicked “sign in” on Gt an have not heard chime all day. Pure is still chiming with Sirius XM account log in popping.

Oorrrrr I’m crazy. Which some may verify on here 😂

Ok… need someone to help with this. I think I narrowed it to the Sirius XM app. It chimes for log in screen to notify you. It will still stream for me but requires a log in. I clicked “sign in” on Gt an have not heard chime all day. Pure is still chiming with Sirius XM account log in popping.

Oorrrrr I’m crazy. Which some may verify on here 😂
Going with the latter and not the former...I'll buy you a drink Thursday to make up for this comment =)

I got into the car today and just happened to notice that the chime happened at the exact moment the car turned on the seat heaters and steering wheel heater (automatic climate conditioning). But, I see a lot of you are in SoCal or Florida so that wouldn't make much sense...

Back