RESOLVED What is the Chime sound after getting into the car after a few seconds

Lavenchi

Cars
Air Touring, Tesla Model
After getting into the car after it's been asleep for awhile there is a chiming sound that plays for 1-2 seconds. I assume it's the car trying to notify me of something but nothing pops up on any of the screens when it happens, I tried asking Alexa if there was a notification but no luck. Does anyone know what it is?

I got into the car today and just happened to notice that the chime happened at the exact moment the car turned on the seat heaters and steering wheel heater (automatic climate conditioning). But, I see a lot of you are in SoCal or Florida so that wouldn't make much sense...
Hey, I used my seat heater the other day. It was 62° 🥶

I love this thread. Don’t ever stop the rampant speculation. Endlessly entertaining.

This is the sound I'm hearing

photos.app.goo.gl/AkENXsbkkV7XaD5JA
YES, I'm an iPhone user, and that's the sound I hear frequently... just started with recent software update... what is that????

After getting into the car after it's been asleep for awhile there is a chiming sound that plays for 1-2 seconds. I assume it's the car trying to notify me of something but nothing pops up on any of the screens when it happens, I tried asking Alexa if there was a notification but no luck. Does anyone know what it is?
Is it basically network connection ding , like WiFi or LTE

Ok so ever since I logged into Sirius XM... I haven't heard the sound.. so I guess it may be a Sirius XM thing... and given how many emails and general marketing push I'm getting on Sirius XM it would make sense to me that they included a chime as a nag to login .. could someone please try and verify this?

Ok so ever since I logged into Sirius XM... I haven't heard the sound.. so I guess it may be a Sirius XM thing... and given how many emails and general marketing push I'm getting on Sirius XM it would make sense to me that they included a chime as a nag to login .. could someone please try and verify this?
Can't you just log out to test the theory?

I don't think so. I hear it at least once or twice per drive and I don't use SiriusXM.

I don't think so. I hear it at least once or twice per drive and I don't use SiriusXM.
I too don't use it... but I am logged in...are you logged in to SXM? I think it's the staying logged out part that may result in a chime

Still have yet to hear this sound. So whatever causes it I’m not doing.

Still have yet to hear this sound. So whatever causes it I’m not doing.
You are missing out!!!

It's such a pleasant little chime.

I wonder what it is that "your" car isn't doing...;)

I think the SXM suggestion may be on the right track. I also never use SXM but based on the prior comments I went to the music tab and hit the SXM button. I then heard the same chime and a pop up appeared saying something like “your free trial has started, press the Listen Now button to accept the user agreement”. I did not do so because I don’t plan to use it. I then toggled back to radio and the back to SXM several times and heard the chime and see the pop up each time. I wonder if that pop up is coming up in the background but not visible if not on the SXM screen but we still hear the chime. Maybe those who don’t hear it already accepted the SXM user agreement?

Back