RESOLVED What is the Chime sound after getting into the car after a few seconds

Lavenchi

Cars
Air Touring, Tesla Model
After getting into the car after it's been asleep for awhile there is a chiming sound that plays for 1-2 seconds. I assume it's the car trying to notify me of something but nothing pops up on any of the screens when it happens, I tried asking Alexa if there was a notification but no luck. Does anyone know what it is?

After getting into the car after it's been asleep for awhile there is a chiming sound that plays for 1-2 seconds. I assume it's the car trying to notify me of something but nothing pops up on any of the screens when it happens, I tried asking Alexa if there was a notification but no luck. Does anyone know what it is?
Does it sound when you first step on the brake? If so, do you hit the brake before you buckle your seatbelt? There is a few second tone if you're not buckled.

Glad you asked.. I've noticed this chime too about a week or so ago it started happening... my GUESS is that it happens when Alexa is online.. and the Alexa logo goes white from dark... it's just a guess... and if someone could verify it I'd appreciate it..

you guys might want to look under settings and see if some text is rapidly appearing/dissapearing.

This sounds like an issue I had with software and the sensors.

It sounds like a cell phone message service notification that's Bluetoothed to your car. Turn off your cell's Bluetooth to see if the sound persists.

This is the sound I'm hearing

photos.app.goo.gl/AkENXsbkkV7XaD5JA
This is exactly the sound that I started getting too... no idea still what it is...

I think I have figured this one out: I believe it signals a successful connection to something. At first I thought it was Wi-Fi, but further testing disproved that. Maybe Bluetooth?

I have heard it as well, but have no idea. There are no warnings popping up, so I just ignore it.

I think I have figured this one out: I believe it signals a successful connection to something. At first I thought it was Wi-Fi, but further testing disproved that. Maybe Bluetooth?
Sitting in my car... unfortunately it's not Wi-Fi or Bluetooth or Alexa connecting either ..saw phones Bluetooth connect, WiFi connect and Alexa come online...then about 40 seconds later the chime came...

Could this be an indication of when all cameras are online perhaps? Pure guess...

I got .43 yesterday afternoon and just heard the tone when getting back into my car after picking up lunch. Hasn't heard it earlier today. No clue what it is.

Thanks for pointing this out. I’m getting the same sound and have no clue what it indicates. It doesn’t bother me, so I haven’t done a deep dive to figure it out.

I still have not heard this sound at all. Strange.

Are we sure folks haven't had their speed limit detection warnings accidentally reset to on? I don't think that's the same sound, but maybe they've changed it?

Back