Mechanical noise from front of car while parked

raj

Cars
Touring
There’s a mechanical noise coming from the front of the car. Sounds like something is repeatedly trying to open. It started today in freezing weather, and is occurring while parked. First time I heard it as I approached the car, but it was still happening when parked after driving for a few minutes (no idea if it continued while driving, too many other noises). Any idea what is happening? Apologies for the quality of the video, but it does capture the audio.

There’s a mechanical noise coming from the front of the car. Sounds like something is repeatedly trying to open. It started today in freezing weather, and is occurring while parked. First time I heard it as I approached the car, but it was still happening when parked after driving for a few minutes (no idea if it continued while driving, too many other noises). Any idea what is happening? Apologies for the quality of the video, but it does capture the audio.
It’s your air actuators.

Last edited:
Some have reported them freezing. And then the car struggles with moving them into their parked position. It keeps trying, which sounds scary.

It’s never happened to me, but you can search for other reports of it here.

Some have reported them freezing. And then the car struggles with moving them into their parked position. It keeps trying, which sounds scary.

It’s never happened to me, but you can search for other reports of it here.
Ok, thanks for the explanation

Back