Touring - New delivery! / issues

Maxpruv

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Hello everyone, I recently received the delivery of my brand-new Air Touring, Black, Stealth, Mojave interior, dream drive pro... The car is truly stunning, and I'm thrilled with the driving experience.

However, I've noticed a few issues with the vehicle, and since I'm new to the Lucid brand, I'd greatly appreciate your insights and opinions on these matters. I understand this is a new brand and situations can happen..

• Electrical Noise: There's an electric static sound emanating from the front dashboard, akin to a persistent low-frequency hum that can be heard at any speed, even when the car is stationary. 👉 This is the most bothersome issue.
  • Front Window Noise at Highway Speed: There is noticeable noise coming from the front window area when driving at highway speeds.
  • Driver Door Rattling Noise: An intermittent rattling noise is heard from the top of the driver's door, accompanied by a vibration-like sensation.
  • Auto Park Functionality: The auto park feature has never worked as expected. The car fails to find a parking spot.
  • Self-Driving Challenges: The self-driving system struggles on moderate curves, it turns off without providing any feedback, raising security concerns because you think car is in charge but lane keeping is actually off. Personal opinion: Dreamdrive performance lags behind competitors.
  • Abnormal Outside Temperature: The outside temperature reading occasionally registers abnormally high, especially during extended drives or when the car is charging at full speed (350).
  • Spontaneous Trunk Opening: (happened 1 times) The trunk inexplicably opens by itself while the car is charging.
  • Overly Sensitive "Watch the Road" Warning: The warning to "watch the road" is excessively sensitive, even when wearing sunglasses, and persistently prompts for steering wheel interaction on straight roads.
  • Electric Port Accessibility Issue: The electric port cannot be opened by a simple touch.
  • Key Car Scratches: The car key was delivered with minor scratches, they tried to use polish on some during delivery.. The delivery service documented this with photos, but there has been no follow-up from customer care so far.

Happy to have some feedback, especially on the constant “electric noise”.

Some pictures attached!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9439.jpeg
    IMG_9439.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_9265.jpeg
    IMG_9265.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 229
  • IMG_9269.jpeg
    IMG_9269.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Stunning combo! Congratulations.

From my Touring ownership experience

• Electrical Noise: Yep. I hear that too. But I actually like the sound.
  • Front Window Noise at Highway Speed: Get that as well. Being purely electric, road/wind noise at high speeds is more noticable
  • Driver Door Rattling Noise: I would get Service to check that out
  • Auto Park Functionality: Never used it, too gimmicky, apples to all manufacturers. I never had a good autopark experience with any car that I owned.
  • Self-Driving Challenges: Yes lags behine, its a drivers car, I never use Dream drive. Never used FSD on my old tesla though I paid for it. Rather drive myself, don't trust computers!
  • Abnormal Outside Temperature: Yep, that is off a bit. Not sure why.
  • Spontaneous Trunk Opening: (happened 1 times) Get it checked by service.
  • Overly Sensitive "Watch the Road" Warning: Thats why I disabled it.
  • Electric Port Accessibility Issue: Agree, never use it. I just touch the button on the smaller left screen.
  • Key Car Scratches: I would make a service appointment to get all issues addressed.

Enjoy your car! Best drive ever!

I pretty much agree with all of the above. Only thing I'd add is to have service check the weather stripping around the driver's window and door. Several of us have experienced a misalignment of it which can cause noise and/or a noticeable draft while at highway speeds.

• Electrical Noise: Yep. I hear that too. But I actually like the sound.
Thanks! But I'm talking about another kinda of noise I think. Not easy to explain but it's like an ultrasonic / high frequency sound, really not enjoyable. Not the artificial humming sound.

Thanks! But I'm talking about another kinda of noise I think. Not easy to explain but it's like an ultrasonic / high frequency sound, really not enjoyable. Not the artificial humming sound.
The screens or the seat ventilation also produces a sound

The screens or the seat ventilation also produces a sound
Yeah but I tried to turn off AC + ventilation and reduce brightness to lowest but same noise intensity

Yeah but I tried to turn off AC + ventilation and reduce brightness to lowest but same noise intensity
The screens produce an electric hum. Also for brightness, try sliding it back and forth and see if that takes the noise away. There are specific brightness levels where the noise is louder than others.

The screens produce an electric hum. Also for brightness, try sliding it back and forth and see if that takes the noise away. There are specific brightness levels where the noise is louder than others.
Thanks for the advices, I tried a few things like this and even "closing" the main screen but no changes.

• Electric Port Accessibility Issue: The electric port cannot be opened by a simple touch.
First off, car looks great!

Regarding the charging port, you can touch the bottom right of the exterior charge door while car doors are unlocked and it will open.

First off, car looks great!

Regarding the charging port, you can touch the bottom right of the exterior charge door while car doors are unlocked and it will open.
Much info about this can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.

My car doesn’t rattle, nor does it produce excessive noise. I would get it checked out.

Highway Assist is a mess right now. It was better before a recent OTA and hopefully will be fixed soon. I suggest not using it, other than for brief moments until its fixed.

I don’t agree with the “best driver’s car” comment above. Lucid’s original goal was to be the best car, full stop. We should always hold them to that. The software right now can be a little frustrating, but has the potential to be something special. Those of us who started with software version 1.0 know that they have the potential to make big enhancements.

I deal with this hum by setting the brightness either to minimum (in dark conditions) or maximum (in bright conditions). This minimizes the noise. The window switches also emit a hum. I had mobile service unplug one set of them in my drivers door and that helped. Yes, my hearing is sensitive, and I am perhaps a bit crazy, but I am baffled as to why Lucid deemed this acceptable in a car with otherwise fantastic NVH, and with such an accurate sound system.
My car doesn’t rattle, nor does it produce excessive noise.
There are a few sources of creaks and squeaks:
  • Steering wheel button presses - remedied with a tiny amount of Krytox lubricant.
  • Rear deck panels behind rear seats might not be fully clipped in - push down firmly around the perimeter to seat them fully.
  • Rear headrests - These can be raised and lowered, and if not properly locked into a detent they can rattle when going over bigger bumps. I pushed them down firmly and that helps.
  • Rear seat cushion bolster leather rubbing directly against plastic trim - also ameliorated with a little bit of Krytox.

I deal with this hum by setting the brightness either to minimum (in dark conditions) or maximum (in bright conditions). This minimizes the noise. The window switches also emit a hum. I had mobile service unplug one set of them in my drivers door and that helped. Yes, my hearing is sensitive, and I am perhaps a bit crazy, but I am baffled as to why Lucid deemed this acceptable in a car with otherwise fantastic NVH, and with such an accurate sound system.

• Steering wheel button presses - remedied with a tiny amount of Krytox lubricant.
  • Rear deck panels behind rear seats might not be fully clipped in - push down firmly around the perimeter to seat them fully.
  • Rear headrests - These can be raised and lowered, and if not properly locked into a detent they can rattle when going over bigger bumps. I pushed them down firmly and that helps.
  • Rear seat cushion bolster leather rubbing directly against plastic trim - also ameliorated with a little bit of Krytox.
Sounds to me like simple fixes for service.

Thanks for all advices!!

Wow.. that sounds complex 🤔
Basically, the screen brightness is varied by turning the backlight on and off really fast. Darker = light on less of the time. If the light is flipped at an audible frequency, capacitors can vibrate at that frequency and we’ll hear it.

My car doesn’t rattle, nor does it produce excessive noise. I would get it checked out.

Highway Assist is a mess right now. It was better before a recent OTA and hopefully will be fixed soon. I suggest not using it, other than for brief moments until its fixed.

I don’t agree with the “best driver’s car” comment above. Lucid’s original goal was to be the best car, full stop. We should always hold them to that. The software right now can be a little frustrating, but has the potential to be something special. Those of us who started with software version 1.0 know that they have the potential to make big enhancements.
Let me rephrase, BMW M5 of electric cars!

I had something like that on a different car and it turned out to be a grounding strap. If it's not the same on other Lucids, then it should be something they can address.

Hello everyone, I recently received the delivery of my brand-new Air Touring, Black, Stealth, Mojave interior, dream drive pro... The car is truly stunning, and I'm thrilled with the driving experience.

However, I've noticed a few issues with the vehicle, and since I'm new to the Lucid brand, I'd greatly appreciate your insights and opinions on these matters. I understand this is a new brand and situations can happen..

• Electrical Noise: There's an electric static sound emanating from the front dashboard, akin to a persistent low-frequency hum that can be heard at any speed, even when the car is stationary. 👉 This is the most bothersome issue. NONE ON MY TOURING
  • Front Window Noise at Highway Speed: There is noticeable noise coming from the front window area when driving at highway speeds. BIG YES - SERVICE AGREES BUT NO RESOLUTION YET.
  • Driver Door Rattling Noise: An intermittent rattling noise is heard from the top of the driver's door, accompanied by a vibration-like sensation. - NO FOR ME
  • Auto Park Functionality: The auto park feature has never worked as expected. The car fails to find a parking spot. IT ONLY WORKS WHEN THERE IS AT LEAST ONE VEHICLE IN A SPOT ADJACENT TO AN EMPTY SPOT. IT ISNT LOOKING DOWN, ITS LOOKING LEFT/RIGHT. HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE
  • Self-Driving Challenges: The self-driving system struggles on moderate curves, it turns off without providing any feedback, raising security concerns because you think car is in charge but lane keeping is actually off. Personal opinion: Dreamdrive performance lags behind competitors. AGREED- SAME HERE.
  • Abnormal Outside Temperature: The outside temperature reading occasionally registers abnormally high, especially during extended drives or when the car is charging at full speed (350). NOT AN ISSUE FOR ME.
  • Spontaneous Trunk Opening: (happened 1 times) The trunk inexplicably opens by itself while the car is charging. - NOT FOR ME.
  • Overly Sensitive "Watch the Road" Warning: The warning to "watch the road" is excessively sensitive, even when wearing sunglasses, and persistently prompts for steering wheel interaction on straight roads. - I TURNED OFF HE TWO SETTINGS IN THE SETTINGS MENU AND THIS STOPPED BEING AN ISSUE FOR ME.
  • Electric Port Accessibility Issue: The electric port cannot be opened by a simple touch. - YES! IT TAKES A VERY SOLID PUSH BUT IT DOES OPEN FROM THE OUTSIDE - ONE OF MY PET PEEVES TOO.
  • Key Car Scratches: The car key was delivered with minor scratches, they tried to use polish on some during delivery.. The delivery service documented this with photos, but there has been no follow-up from customer care so far. MINE WERE BRAND NEW AND ZERO SCRATCHES. ALL SCRATHES PUT ON THE FOB WERE DUE TO ME.

Happy to have some feedback, especially on the constant “electric noise”.

Some pictures attached!

Thanks!

My answers above in caps. Good summary of initial issues.

Back