New 19" Vredestein tires

metallic

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
DE Number
Since day 1 of receiving my 2023 Air Touring, I have noticed a vibration above 60 mph that simply was not consistent with a high end automobile. Lucid remote service looked at it and also repaired a suspension "clanging" issue that turned out to be just a loose suspension screw of some sort. They suggested I have the tires looked at locally at a tire shop. Tires were balanced at the local shop and I asked them to assess whether the tires were out of round. I'm not sure the well known large national tire chain knew how to assess " out of round" but they said tires seemed OK. Unfortunately the vibration problem persisted.

Still suspicious that the tires were flat spotted, I bit the bullet and bought 4 new tires from Tire Rack. Also took a risk by ordering the Vredestein Quatrac Pro Plus tires which is a new variant of that tire I believe targeting electric vehicles. I had never heard of Vredestein tires before but they are a well established brand out of the Netherlands. The Quatrac Pro tires got excellent reviews on Tire Rack but the new Plus variant had never been reviewed.

Success!!! The vibration is gone and the car rides smooth as silk as it should. I can also tell you that these tires are very quiet with an excellent ride quality, highly recommended. I cannot comment on how the tires react to performance driving as I do not drive this car hyper aggressively.

In the end, a well spent $1,000. I just felt it would be easier to bite the bullet, take a risk and drop a grand rather than have Lucid repair service try to sort this out.

Have used Vredestein bike tires for many years. Come in many different colors and perform well. No color options for the Quatrac?

Back