Touring - New delivery! / issues

Charging door should open easily with a slight push in the lower right corner.

Charging door should open easily with a slight push in the lower right corner.
Mine takes a fairly firm push on the lower right corner. I wish mine was a slight push also :)

Just use the button on the left cockpit panel. Easy to reach, even from outside the car. No super strength necessary.

Stunning combo! Congratulations.

From my Touring ownership experience

• Electrical Noise: Yep. I hear that too. But I actually like the sound.
  • Front Window Noise at Highway Speed: Get that as well. Being purely electric, road/wind noise at high speeds is more noticable
  • Driver Door Rattling Noise: I would get Service to check that out
  • Auto Park Functionality: Never used it, too gimmicky, apples to all manufacturers. I never had a good autopark experience with any car that I owned.
  • Self-Driving Challenges: Yes lags behine, its a drivers car, I never use Dream drive. Never used FSD on my old tesla though I paid for it. Rather drive myself, don't trust computers!
  • Abnormal Outside Temperature: Yep, that is off a bit. Not sure why.
  • Spontaneous Trunk Opening: (happened 1 times) Get it checked by service.
  • Overly Sensitive "Watch the Road" Warning: Thats why I disabled it.
  • Electric Port Accessibility Issue: Agree, never use it. I just touch the button on the smaller left screen.
  • Key Car Scratches: I would make a service appointment to get all issues addressed.

Enjoy your car! Best drive ever!
I have a 1987 Mercedes 300SDL. The temperature sensor is under the front license plate. It happens often on a hot day, when the pavement is hot, I get high temperature readings until I start driving. The air flow brings down the temperature to the correct value. Maybe the Lucid has a similar placement of the sensor.

Just dropping in to share the latest on my Lucid adventure since I initially posted here. It's been quite the ride with a few bumps along the way, but all in all, it's shaping up to be pretty awesome, thanks to the stellar folks over at Lucid Milbrae.

So, about those early hiccups – yeah, there were issues listed including few scratches from delivery that didn't get sorted out at the first service time, and a couple of parts where not addressed/forget. But, after round two with the service team, everything's looking top-notch. Big shoutout to the Lucid crew for stepping up!

Then there was the whole rental car saga. lease note: I do not have charger at home and I fully rely on EA. Mixed feelings there, I had a Tesla Model 3 from Enterprise and the car was not compatible with either EA or Tesla network :rolleyes:. Not Lucid's fault, but definitely an eye-opener about renting EVs these days... Ended up in a Nissan for a bit, which was fine, not fun.. The second service time around, I got a Grand Touring as a loaner, and wow, what an interesting experience! The range is incredible (a lifesaver for someone without their own charger at home like me), and comparing it to my 2023 Touring, you can really see how much Lucid has upped their game in terms of quality - the car was an "earlier" version. Less noise, smoother ride..

Only a tiny gripe remains – that odd humming noise from the screen. It's not a deal-breaker, but yeah, it's there, and it'd be cool if it could get fixed by quality team.

But, wrapping up, I gotta say, driving this Lucid is pure joy. The car's fantastic, and with all the updates rolling out, it just keeps getting better. Big thanks to Lucid Milbrae for all their help and to you guys for the support and chats here.

Looking forward to many more miles and smiles with this beauty.

Just dropping in to share the latest on my Lucid adventure since I initially posted here. It's been quite the ride with a few bumps along the way, but all in all, it's shaping up to be pretty awesome, thanks to the stellar folks over at Lucid Milbrae.

So, about those early hiccups – yeah, there were issues listed including few scratches from delivery that didn't get sorted out at the first service time, and a couple of parts where not addressed/forget. But, after round two with the service team, everything's looking top-notch. Big shoutout to the Lucid crew for stepping up!

Then there was the whole rental car saga. lease note: I do not have charger at home and I fully rely on EA. Mixed feelings there, I had a Tesla Model 3 from Enterprise and the car was not compatible with either EA or Tesla network :rolleyes:. Not Lucid's fault, but definitely an eye-opener about renting EVs these days... Ended up in a Nissan for a bit, which was fine, not fun.. The second service time around, I got a Grand Touring as a loaner, and wow, what an interesting experience! The range is incredible (a lifesaver for someone without their own charger at home like me), and comparing it to my 2023 Touring, you can really see how much Lucid has upped their game in terms of quality - the car was an "earlier" version. Less noise, smoother ride..

Only a tiny gripe remains – that odd humming noise from the screen. It's not a deal-breaker, but yeah, it's there, and it'd be cool if it could get fixed by quality team.

But, wrapping up, I gotta say, driving this Lucid is pure joy. The car's fantastic, and with all the updates rolling out, it just keeps getting better. Big thanks to Lucid Milbrae for all their help and to you guys for the support and chats here.

Looking forward to many more miles and smiles with this beauty.
Glad to hear it. But that humming noise I believe is just the electrical hum. Try sliding the brightness around until you can't hear it.

Glad to hear it. But that humming noise I believe is just the electrical hum. Try sliding the brightness around until you can't hear it.
Whatever the noise is, it's inconsistent and not always there. I have it on my car, and noticed that it was the same on a loaner. Hopefully Lucid can do something at some point.

Whatever the noise is, it's inconsistent and not always there. I have it on my car, and noticed that it was the same on a loaner. Hopefully Lucid can do something at some point.
Maybe @OCDC can chime in on this =)

Maybe @OCDC can chime in on this =)
The question is whether it's hardware or software, but Lucid should be able to hear it as well as anyone else. It's not the first time I had a car with electrically induced noises. When the Model 3 came out, there was a problem. Tesla eventually redesigned a grounding strap, and if people knew enough to complain, they got it fixed. I hope that Lucid does something and is proactive, but it's not near the top of my list of complaints. It's not something I notice much when driving.

Regarding the pay attention to the road message, what happened to me is that the steering wheel position was blocking the little camera that watches your eyes. This is the little mirror like rectangle above the steering wheel. If such is obstructed it will think you are not paying attention.

I've been in touch with Lucid quite a bit about this, and it turns out the humming/electrical noise is a known issue. As of now, there isn't a fix just yet. They mentioned it would need a hardware update to get sorted. Keeping my fingers crossed for a solution soon!

I've been in touch with Lucid quite a bit about this, and it turns out the humming/electrical noise is a known issue. As of now, there isn't a fix just yet. They mentioned it would need a hardware update to get sorted. Keeping my fingers crossed for a solution soon!
The humming noise is my last complaint about this otherwise amazing car. I’ve had a couple of service visits over this issue.

It comes from the dash cluster as well as the window switches. I even had service disconnect one set of switches in the driver door.

I keep screen brightness at either minimum or maximum and that helps a lot. It’s the in betweens when the brightness auto modulates when it’s the worst.

Fingers crossed for a fix. I would even pay out of pocket if necessary.

Regarding the pay attention to the road message, what happened to me is that the steering wheel position was blocking the little camera that watches your eyes. This is the little mirror like rectangle above the steering wheel. If such is obstructed it will think you are not paying attention.
If I position the seat and steering wheel such that there's an unobstructed view of that area, it still gives plenty of false alarms even if I keep my eyes on the road without so much as a sideways glance. Taking off my glasses didn't change anything so it's not as if any obstruction is the problem in my case. Obstructions are a problem, given that there are seating position/steering wheel position combinations that leave it obstructed. If the goal of steering wheel positioning is to leave a certain area visible, then the camera needs to be in that area. A related problem is Lucid tilting the steering wheel and moving the seat before exiting the vehicle so that it leaves a driver in a position where the camera won't see them when they get back in the car.

I hope that Lucid can fix the problems that occur when the camera is not obstructed, as well as positioning the steering wheel such that it has an unobstructed view when trying to use facial recognition.

If I position the seat and steering wheel such that there's an unobstructed view of that area, it still gives plenty of false alarms even if I keep my eyes on the road without so much as a sideways glance. Taking off my glasses didn't change anything so it's not as if any obstruction is the problem in my case. Obstructions are a problem, given that there are seating position/steering wheel position combinations that leave it obstructed. If the goal of steering wheel positioning is to leave a certain area visible, then the camera needs to be in that area. A related problem is Lucid tilting the steering wheel and moving the seat before exiting the vehicle so that it leaves a driver in a position where the camera won't see them when they get back in the car.

I hope that Lucid can fix the problems that occur when the camera is not obstructed, as well as positioning the steering wheel such that it has an unobstructed view when trying to use facial recognition.
I 110% agree with you, I know my Touring hasn't complaint anymore after I did some HARD RESETS... Let us wait, perhaps in a Update push...

The humming is most likely coming from the cabin heater. Lucid uses a high voltage resistive heater that works like one in a toaster oven. In the toaster, you can sometimes hear the 60Hz hum of the AC power because the heating elements change shape a tiny bit as the high current moves through them. In the Air, they regulate the temperature of the heater by pulsing the HV battery current through the heating elements at ~200/400Hz, which is a very audible tone. That tone carries up through the dash vents, which is why it can sound like it's coming from the display.

To test for this, turn the cabin temperature all the way down to 59°, set the fan speed down to 1, and turn the AC off. If it's warm enough in the cabin, the heater should stop running, the AC compressor should stop, and the only noise you might hear is a very faint whisper from the fans.

The humming is most likely coming from the cabin heater. Lucid uses a high voltage resistive heater that works like one in a toaster oven. In the toaster, you can sometimes hear the 60Hz hum of the AC power because the heating elements change shape a tiny bit as the high current moves through them. In the Air, they regulate the temperature of the heater by pulsing the HV battery current through the heating elements at ~200/400Hz, which is a very audible tone. That tone carries up through the dash vents, which is why it can sound like it's coming from the display.

To test for this, turn the cabin temperature all the way down to 59°, set the fan speed down to 1, and turn the AC off. If it's warm enough in the cabin, the heater should stop running, the AC compressor should stop, and the only noise you might hear is a very faint whisper from the fans.
The noise I think we are talking about varies with dash screen brightness and not HVAC.

The noise I think we are talking about varies with dash screen brightness and not HVAC.
I went through the same exercise, thinking it was the display at first. Try my test. Once those conditions have been set, you should hear any hum from the display more clearly. Then you can adjust the brightness setting on the pilot panel and judge the effect. If I'm wrong in my assessment, that's fine. It'll be good info to know.

I went through the same exercise, thinking it was the display at first. Try my test. Once those conditions have been set, you should hear any hum from the display more clearly. Then you can adjust the brightness setting on the pilot panel and judge the effect. If I'm wrong in my assessment, that's fine. It'll be good info to know.
After turning off the HVAC, the hum I’m referring to is even clearer. It very obviously varies with screen brightness with absolutely no ambiguity to my ear.

Back