EV to ICE Questions

gavram

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Saw this questionnaire online… 😊

“I'm thinking of replacing my EV with ICE car and have some questions:
  1. ICE cars cannot refuel while you sleep. How often do you have to refill elsewhere? Will there be a solution for re-fueling at home by 2030?
  2. How often will I need to service? The salesman mentioned engine oil, timing belts and a box with gears in it. What is that? How much will this service cost - and what happens to the old oil?
  3. Apparently, these ICE cars stop on the brakes alone - so how long will they last compared to my EV?
  4. In a petrol or diesel car, do I get fuel back when I slow down or drive downhill?
  5. The car I test drove seemed to have a delay from the time I pressed the accelerator until it began to accelerate - is that normal?
  6. Is it true that petrol & diesel is so flammable that you can only buy it at a special filling station, and not anywhere like hotels, home, work, parking lots?
  7. I understand the main ingredient in petrol is oil. Is it true that the extraction and refining of oil causes environmental problems as well as conflicts and major wars that over the last 100 years have cost millions of lives?
  8. I have also been told that you have to transport oil all over the world to turn into petrol or diesel, and these ships have in the past damaged the environment by leaking the oil. Is that true?
  9. I have been told that these ICE engines make a noise when you start them - so early starts can wake people up. Is driving a lot of ICE cars making towns noise polluted?
  10. Is it true people can steal the fuel from your tank?
If I can get all of the above answered, and it turns out there are no downsides to owning an ICE car, I may have to consider buying one.”

Saw this questionnaire online… 😊

“I'm thinking of replacing my EV with ICE car and have some questions:
  1. ICE cars cannot refuel while you sleep. How often do you have to refill elsewhere? Will there be a solution for re-fueling at home by 2030?
  2. How often will I need to service? The salesman mentioned engine oil, timing belts and a box with gears in it. What is that? How much will this service cost - and what happens to the old oil?
  3. Apparently, these ICE cars stop on the brakes alone - so how long will they last compared to my EV?
  4. In a petrol or diesel car, do I get fuel back when I slow down or drive downhill?
  5. The car I test drove seemed to have a delay from the time I pressed the accelerator until it began to accelerate - is that normal?
  6. Is it true that petrol & diesel is so flammable that you can only buy it at a special filling station, and not anywhere like hotels, home, work, parking lots?
  7. I understand the main ingredient in petrol is oil. Is it true that the extraction and refining of oil causes environmental problems as well as conflicts and major wars that over the last 100 years have cost millions of lives?
  8. I have also been told that you have to transport oil all over the world to turn into petrol or diesel, and these ships have in the past damaged the environment by leaking the oil. Is that true?
  9. I have been told that these ICE engines make a noise when you start them - so early starts can wake people up. Is driving a lot of ICE cars making towns noise polluted?
  10. Is it true people can steal the fuel from your tank?
If I can get all of the above answered, and it turns out there are no downsides to owning an ICE car, I may have to consider buying one.”
Sounds like a question from 2096 🤣

It's not entirely true. You can buy gasoline out of plastic containers by the side of the road...just not in the US. Come to think of it, I haven't seen it in developing nations either in recent years. But the nice thing is that you can buy a special red canister so that when you run out of gasoline (a consequence of not being able to add it at home under typical circumstances) you can walk to the nearest gas station, fill up the can, walk back to your car, and add the contents to your tank. It can get smelly and messy if you are not careful though. Or you can call road service and somebody can bring a can of gasoline to you.

Back