Touring - New delivery! / issues

After turning off the HVAC, the hum I’m referring to is even clearer. It very obviously varies with screen brightness with absolutely no ambiguity to my ear.
Then I hope they can add some spread spectrum to the backlight PWM. That would help make the hum less noticeable.

I've been in touch with Lucid quite a bit about this, and it turns out the humming/electrical noise is a known issue. As of now, there isn't a fix just yet. They mentioned it would need a hardware update to get sorted. Keeping my fingers crossed for a solution soon!
I see you're in the Bay Area. South Bay by chance? If so, i can meet you and you can see if you find those hums and issues on my '23 Touring. I have NOT noticed any electrical hum despite using bright screen settings. also almost no wind noise.

I see you're in the Bay Area. South Bay by chance? If so, i can meet you and you can see if you find those hums and issues on my '23 Touring. I have NOT noticed any electrical hum despite using bright screen settings. also almost no wind noise.
It can be very difficult for some to hear since it is high pitched. Perhaps why it survived the design phase to production. I’ve heard it in every showroom and customer car I’ve sat in, and the mobile techs had trouble hearing it as well. However I was able to easily demonstrate to at least two other non Lucid drivers.

I've been in touch with Lucid quite a bit about this, and it turns out the humming/electrical noise is a known issue. As of now, there isn't a fix just yet. They mentioned it would need a hardware update to get sorted. Keeping my fingers crossed for a solution soon!
Thanks for sharing @Maxpruv. I just sent you a DM.

Hey Josh, I'm in San Francisco :) I've noticed that not everyone picks up on the noise – seems like it either flies under the radar for some folks or maybe it's just less noticeable in their cars. But in every Lucid I've testing, I've caught that hum to varying degrees

Back