• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Screen not working on car startup...

My Glass Cockpit has never shown what his has.

My most frequent problem (about half the time I try to drive the car) is the Pilot Screen freezing the normal display. Everything shows clearly, but none of the icons respond. If you pull a functioning menu down from the Glass Cockpit, it also freezes when it arrives at the Pilot Screen. During these episodes, the Glass Cockpit screens operate normally.

A less frequent problem is the Pilot Screen blacking out, on which occasions the right panel of the Glass Cockpit also blacks out. And it blacks completely out -- nothing like the color streaks that Travelguy2500 is seeing.

Ashoka just posted today that he continues to have problems with his screen freezing -- he didn't specify which -- so it sounds like the screen freezing I'm having is not unique to my car. Lucid needs to get a handle on this before they put many more cars into the field. It's going to sour a lot more customers on the car and will overwhelm a service infrastructure that seems already to be groaning under the load from these early cars.
I wonder, if there are some memory chips corrupted. We just saw how many chips had to be trashed from WD.

My Glass Cockpit has never shown what his has.

My most frequent problem (about half the time I try to drive the car) is the Pilot Screen freezing the normal display. Everything shows clearly, but none of the icons respond. If you pull a functioning menu down from the Glass Cockpit, it also freezes when it arrives at the Pilot Screen. During these episodes, the Glass Cockpit screens operate normally.

A less frequent problem is the Pilot Screen blacking out, on which occasions the right panel of the Glass Cockpit also blacks out. And it blacks completely out -- nothing like the color streaks that Travelguy2500 is seeing.

Ashoka just posted today that he continues to have problems with his screen freezing -- he didn't specify which -- so it sounds like the screen freezing I'm having is not unique to my car. Lucid needs to get a handle on this before they put many more cars into the field. It's going to sour a lot more customers on the car and will overwhelm a service infrastructure that seems already to be groaning under the load from these early cars.
I have had a total of three instances that are near duplicates of your experience. The last time everything looked normal but the touch function seemed to have quit. I reported all the incidents to Customer service and I would encourage everyone to do the same. I am sure Lucid can pull and is pulling up data off the cars and must be aware of the problems we are having. I do think they blew it by not having a simple reset similar to Tesla and Porsche

Second week in the shop waiting for screen repair/replacement. Waiting for ETA on repair parts…. Ugh

Second week in the shop waiting for screen repair/replacement. Waiting for ETA on repair parts…. Ugh
That's nothing! I waited over a year for a Tesla MS screen replacement. My original screen had the dreaded 'yellowing' issue.

That's nothing! I waited over a year for a Tesla MS screen replacement. My original screen had the dreaded 'yellowing' issue.
REALLY!!?? Not sure how I would have handled that.

Understood. I waited 10 weeks for Tesla to manufacture a new chip for my Model X hood release when the first one died - that car (Vin 110) was the source of many problems and spent three months overall in the shop in the 3 years I had it Still I want my Air back LOL

The yellow line around the edge of the screen was annoying but the screen did not freeze and remained fully functional. I waited for quite some time to have mine replaced as well.

The yellow line around the edge of the screen was annoying but the screen did not freeze and remained fully functional. I waited for quite some time to have mine replaced as well.
Those were the days…I don’t miss them.

Mine did too. I had to take them to arbitration to get it resolved. Tesla declared it a “consumable” part, because of course an LCD screen that was yellowing due to non automotive grade adhesive is a consumable part.

(It’s the only time I’ve ever had to do anything like this. I gave them a ton of chances to fix it before involving CA arbitration rules)

Tesla told me I could pay for a ‘semi-immediate’ replacement, but they couldn’t guarantee the new one wouldn’t do the same thing. After all they said, it was only a ‘minor cosmetic issue’. They convinced me to wait for a free replacement or repair once they determined what the true cause of the yellowing was. That took over a year.

Do you recall the guys that bought UV lamps to successfully remove most of the yellowing? That was the approach Tesla used in many cases. The problem was they only had a few of these devices across the country and they were potentially dangerous, if used incorrectly, so employees needed to be trained.

Always an interesting and ‘exciting’ experience owning a Tesla.

Tesla told me I could pay for a ‘semi-immediate’ replacement, but they couldn’t guarantee the new one wouldn’t do the same thing. After all they said, it was only a ‘minor cosmetic issue’. They convinced me to wait for a free replacement or repair once they determined what the true cause of the yellowing was. That took over a year.

Do you recall the guys that bought UV lamps to successfully remove most of the yellowing? That was the approach Tesla used in many cases. The problem was they only had a few of these devices across the country and they were potentially dangerous, if used incorrectly, so employees needed to be trained.

Always an interesting and ‘exciting’ experience owning a Tesla.
Hah, yes. Let’s just say I made them regret having that position with me and their legal team got quite annoyed by claims from CA residents.

I don’t fault a manufacturer for a problem. I don’t even fault them for a delay to repair. I fault them for a 1 yr long+ delay and for lying through their teeth about it.

Monday update - still waiting on parts. Service center traded the gas guzzling BMW X7 they gave more for an EV - new polestar would rather have my Lucid but happy to be driving an EV again…. No ETA on parts yet…

Monday update - still waiting on parts. Service center traded the gas guzzling BMW X7 they gave more for an EV - new polestar would rather have my Lucid but happy to be driving an EV again…. No ETA on parts yet…
Ooh a polestar as a loaner is cool. Please do a comparison!

For sure - i took a quick ride today - my first impression was a very nice mid-size sedan electrified and I mean that as a complement. Materials and finish not like Lucid or EQS but very nice. UI is oretty easy and the car has XM radio (I like) and a pretty good app experience. it’s very ‘google’ in appearance and so far everything has worked as expected.

not a speed or power demon but for the price, my first impression is positive. Feels more family sedan and less sporty than my former Tesla Y. More room in the rear and higher quality finishes and a more traditional car look inside. Sound system says Harmon Kardo but after the Lucid any sound system sounds awful

nav is pretty much off the shelf google maps - easy to navigate and works. Like the Volvo company that makes it - a solid sedan that gets the job done.

For sure - i took a quick ride today - my first impression was a very nice mid-size sedan electrified and I mean that as a complement. Materials and finish not like Lucid or EQS but very nice. UI is oretty easy and the car has XM radio (I like) and a pretty good app experience. it’s very ‘google’ in appearance and so far everything has worked as expected.

not a speed or power demon but for the price, my first impression is positive. Feels more family sedan and less sporty than my former Tesla Y. More room in the rear and higher quality finishes and a more traditional car look inside. Sound system says Harmon Kardo but after the Lucid any sound system sounds awful

nav is pretty much off the shelf google maps - easy to navigate and works. Like the Volvo company that makes it - a solid sedan that gets the job done.
When we test drive the Polestar we really liked it, biggest complaint was absolutely zero ADAS features iirc

I just got my DE back today after 2 weeks at the dealer - I have had 5 service calls/visits in my first 2 months and hoping this time was the charm (screen issues). Full replacement of control board, all connecting cables and all screens. Had to set the car up again as nothing was moved the the new control board. Shirt drive as I got the car back after 6pm - hope my gremlins are gone …time will tell..

Back