Screens go out when charging....

ashar56

Cars
Lucid Air
For the 2nd time, I was at an Electrify America (2 different locations), where the top touch screen and the pilot panel both went blank. The screen behind the steering wheel was still displaying info, but then the system randomly rebooted (however top touch screen and pilot panel both continued to remain blank). The screens stayed blank until I removed the charging cable, and then they came back. For this recent issue, because the screens were blank, I wasn't able to unlock my doors...fortunately, I had my phone with me and I was able to unlock via the app, but I can't help but wonder what would I have done if I didn't have my phone?

Anyone else experience similar issues?

For the 2nd time, I was at an Electrify America (2 different locations), where the top touch screen and the pilot panel both went blank. The screen behind the steering wheel was still displaying info, but then the system randomly rebooted (however top touch screen and pilot panel both continued to remain blank). The screens stayed blank until I removed the charging cable, and then they came back. For this recent issue, because the screens were blank, I wasn't able to unlock my doors...fortunately, I had my phone with me and I was able to unlock via the app, but I can't help but wonder what would I have done if I didn't have my phone?

Anyone else experience similar issues?
Are your screens going blank right when charging starts? You said the doors were locked? Did you lock the car?

Never happened to me and I’ve never heard of that happening unless I missed someone’s post on this issue.

Are your screens going blank right when charging starts? You said the doors were locked? Did you lock the car?
No...the first time happened about 15 min upon charging and this second time it happened within 10 minutes. In neither case did I lock the doors...assuming it happened when the screens went blank.

No...the first time happened about 15 min upon charging and this second time it happened within 10 minutes. In neither case did I lock the doors...assuming it happened when the screens went blank.
There is a countdown if you are sitting idle in your car for too long. Did you hear that go off? It gives you a 30 second timer before it shuts the car down.

There is a countdown if you are sitting idle in your car for too long. Did you hear that go off? It gives you a 30 second timer before it shuts the car down.
hmm, never heard of that, but definitely didn't hear any timer. Either way, if I have my phone with me (which has the mobile key enabled), makes no sense that it stops detecting it, locks the car and won't unlock until I go in the app and manually unlock the car.

hmm, never heard of that, but definitely didn't hear any timer. Either way, if I have my phone with me (which has the mobile key enabled), makes no sense that it stops detecting it, locks the car and won't unlock until I go in the app and manually unlock the car.
It's not that it doesn't detect it, it's that the car is sitting idle and has a countdown to shutdown.

It's not that it doesn't detect it, it's that the car is sitting idle and has a countdown to shutdown.
I see....I don't know what/how the car determines it's sitting idle. If the car is charging, and I'm streaming music via Bluetooth (Which was the case both times), I wouldn't have thought the car goes idle. If it is going idle, I'm curious how you would wake it up so it's functional again?

I see....I don't know what/how the car determines it's sitting idle. If the car is charging, and I'm streaming music via Bluetooth (Which was the case both times), I wouldn't have thought the car goes idle. If it is going idle, I'm curious how you would wake it up so it's functional again?
Easiest way is to tap the brake pedal.

What @Adnillien said or touch the screen every couple minutes.

Back