Radar Detector Hard Wire Installation?

As an FYI, I just emailed BlendMount a couple screenshots of the rear of the mirror. The initial response is below. I then took another picture to showing a more detailed view of the post and I indicated where I think the clamp should be able to attach (picture attached). I also took a screenshot of one of their installation videos showing how the clamp attaches to the post and sent that along as well. We'll see if I get a different reply after sending these two images.

I'll let everyone know what their response is and if I'm able to progress. Obvious it can be done, just need to figure out how!
IMG_1211.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 6.38.05 PM.png

I'm not sure what mount was used in that picture. And since we don't have have a mount for that mirror, I'm sure we wouldn't be satisfied with the fitment in that image.
It looks like it would be incompatible due to the mirror stem design. Our mounts wouldn't be able to clamp down on that stem for the part pointed out in attachment would get in the way of our clamps. Maybe in the image they have a different mirror stem.

So their reply back just now - "If you could get us a 3 digit measurement of the mirror stem diameter that will be a big help :)"

I'm going to email Lucid Customer Support and see if they can get me an accurate measurement. In the meantime, if anyone might know, please reply back and I'll get back to BlendMount. Worst case, I'll use a string to measure the diameter in the morning and at least get that to them in order to narrow down what clamp size the mirror post requires.

From what I can tell, the issue is the width of the stem (smaller double arrow) for their mount to pass on top and still allow the mirror to be freely adjustable and not restricted. I got a similar response from them several months ago but maybe you'll have more luck. I tried to measure with some calipers but couldn't get an accurate measurement of that space.

Hi Everyone - Wanted to update the group. Today I received my BlendMount BV1-2024 and MirrorTap MT-4015 along with my new Valentine One Gen 2. After studying the various mounts on their website, I decided on the BV1-2024 as it seemed to have the best chance of mounting to the Lucid mirror post, I looked at various photos of this mount installed in the various Porsche's which seemed to have a mirror configuration similar to the Lucid.

It fit perfectly! During the install, I never even had to move the mirror from the way I have it set to drive. As you can see, it looks as if it were designed specifically for the Lucid.

Next step is to install the WireTap. Because someone from Lucid Service is supposed to be stopping by for another reason, I already mentioned to him I'd like him to pop off the center panel, we can then install the MirrorTap, and get everything back in to place. Not sure which day that will be but hoping Monday or Tuesday. I will take pictures of popping off the panel and post them.

Hopefully this helps other Lucid owners, as I can recommend using this BV1-2024 BlendMount!

Attachments

• IMG_1248.jpeg
    IMG_1248.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_1247.jpeg
    IMG_1247.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1246.jpeg
    IMG_1246.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1245.jpeg
    IMG_1245.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_1244.jpeg
    IMG_1244.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1243.jpeg
    IMG_1243.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1242.jpeg
    IMG_1242.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1241.jpeg
    IMG_1241.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_1240.jpeg
    IMG_1240.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1249.jpeg
    IMG_1249.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 296
Hi Everyone - Wanted to update the group. Today I received my BlendMount BV1-2024 and MirrorTap MT-4015 along with my new Valentine One Gen 2. After studying the various mounts on their website, I decided on the BV1-2024 as it seemed to have the best chance of mounting to the Lucid mirror post, I looked at various photos of this mount installed in the various Porsche's which seemed to have a mirror configuration similar to the Lucid.

It fit perfectly! During the install, I never even had to move the mirror from the way I have it set to drive. As you can see, it looks as if it were designed specifically for the Lucid.

Next step is to install the WireTap. Because someone from Lucid Service is supposed to be stopping by for another reason, I already mentioned to him I'd like him to pop off the center panel, we can then install the MirrorTap, and get everything back in to place. Not sure which day that will be but hoping Monday or Tuesday. I will take pictures of popping off the panel and post them.

Hopefully this helps other Lucid owners, as I can recommend using this BV1-2024 BlendMount!
Ordered the same model for my uniden. Hope it works as well as yours. I’ll update everyone when it arrives, unfortunately the stock says I may have gotten the last one??

Ordered the same model for my uniden. Hope it works as well as yours. I’ll update everyone when it arrives, unfortunately the stock says I may have gotten the last one??
Too visible from the outside for my use. I have my windshield tinted and the Valentine is mounted on the upper left almost invisible from the outside. Ran the wire down the A pillar and then down into the area behind the Pilot Panel and connected to the USB port using the cig lighter adapter. All pretty much out of site so no need to remove it when parked.

Great! I think you’ll like it. Very clean install, I believe it will perform well front and rear using that mount.

Great! I think you’ll like it. Very clean install, I believe it will perform well front and rear using that mount.
Nice job with the install. Mine is quite similar, different model number since I have a different detector.

Well blendmount cancelled my order saying that the mount won’t fully clamp so it’s “a safety issue”. I guess I should have lied about what vehicle it was for and then they would have sent it?? He also said that they do not have any estimates on when they might make one specifically for the Lucid. Argh!!!

Well blendmount cancelled my order saying that the mount won’t fully clamp so it’s “a safety issue”. I guess I should have lied about what vehicle it was for and then they would have sent it?? He also said that they do not have any estimates on when they might make one specifically for the Lucid. Argh!!!
That is so strange. You should send them pictures I posted showing it fits just fine. I actually emailed the customer service person I was trying to communicate with last week and sent those pictures to him. He said he would forward them to their engineering team and note that mount is working in the Lucid. Crazy someone there is now telling you they won’t sell you one. When I ordered mine I told them it was for a Lucid and they sent it no problem

Last edited:
I’m just amazed that they won’t commit to making one. Theoretically, there will be 10000 + Lucids of one variety or another with no workable mount, but you can still get mounts for lotus and other lower volume cars.

I’m just amazed that they won’t commit to making one. Theoretically, there will be 10000 + Lucids of one variety or another with no workable mount, but you can still get mounts for lotus and other lower volume cars.
That was my thought exactly. They have mounts for these low volume cars yet won’t entertain doing a Lucid mount even when an owner was willing to bring the car there to have it engineered. Hard to figure these guys out. How can they not see the potential here…

The Blendmount website has now added Lucid as a vehicle make choice, but I can’t find any available mounts for anything?

The Blendmount website has now added Lucid as a vehicle make choice, but I can’t find any available mounts for anything?
Interesting. I sent them the pictures of my final configuration. They thanked me and commented:

“Thanks for the images. It's still not a fitment to our standards, so we wont be adding it to our Vehicle Fit Guide.
But appreciate all the info.”

Has anyone been successful from the rear tap?
I'm not experienced with this but want to somehow tap the cigarette lighter in the back and use the cig lighter and have this hardwired at the same time

Uniden RDA-HDWKT Radar Detector Smart Hardwire Kit with Mute Button, LED Alert and Power LED, for Uniden R8, R7, R4, R3, R1, DFR9, DFR9BLK, DFR8, DFR7 and DFR6. https://a.co/d/h7b1i7J

Here's the one I have for the Uniden r7

Back