Radar detector hard wiring

AeroAir

Cars
2023 Air Touring
There is a fuse box under the front passenger seat. I was able to remove the panel and use a Bussmann Add A Circuit fuse tap to hard wire my Valentine One. Since I have the metal roof I ran the Valentine phone type cord from the lower panel through the A pillar up to the center of the windshield. The new version of the Valentine works great at the top middle of the windshield. While I had the fuse panel removed, I also hard wired an auxiliary 12 volt cigarette lighter type adapter and placed it beneath the moveable panel

There is a fuse box under the front passenger seat. I was able to remove the panel and use a Bussmann Add A Circuit fuse tap to hard wire my Valentine One. Since I have the metal roof I ran the Valentine phone type cord from the lower panel through the A pillar up to the center of the windshield. The new version of the Valentine works great at the top middle of the windshield. While I had the fuse panel removed, I also hard wired an auxiliary 12 volt cigarette lighter type adapter and placed it beneath the moveable panel
Did you happen to snap pics of any of this install? Would love to see it, especially the 12v cigarette run.

I'm curious if you are experiencing any interference on the Laser setting on the Valentine? I only use Ka band on my Valentine because the laser is constantly falsing and I don't need K band at all in my area.

Did you happen to snap pics of any of this install? Would love to see it, especially the 12v cigarette run.
The first picture is the auxiliary outlet, second pic is the radar detector, the third is the only part of the visible wire at the bottom of the A pillar. The 4th picture is the fusebox with the Valentine hard wire. The other wire in the first picture is a satellite antenna wire that I mounted on the rear shelf. I am using a Roady BT satellite receiver that connects via bluetooth. The internet based satellite radio is often problematic.

Attachments

• 12 Volt outlet.JPG
    12 Volt outlet.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
  • Radar Dectector.JPG
    Radar Dectector.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 119
  • Radar dectector wire.JPG
    Radar dectector wire.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 123
  • Valentine hard wire.JPG
    Valentine hard wire.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I'm curious if you are experiencing any interference on the Laser setting on the Valentine? I only use Ka band on my Valentine because the laser is constantly falsing and I don't need K band at all in my area.
I have a V1 Gen 2 mounted high on the windshield. I first tried the V1 Gen 1 mounted low on the windshield to avoid the high wire. However, it was always alerting for something. I don't know if the cause was the mounting location or the Gen 1. When I mounted the Gen 2 high on the glass I did not have any issues. I do not use the highway assist function. I don't know if this would cause issues.

I have my V1G2 on the lower half of the windshield with no interference. I don't have DDP

I think you mean the fuse box is under the glove compartment. There is no fuse box under the seat.

See this thread for a description of the fuse box location, fuses and the proper fuse to tap into:
Radar Detector Hard Wire Installation?

Back