Quarter end push of deliveries

NPN

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT/Red/Tahoe/19"
I am excited to pick up my AGT tomorrow at the Costa Mesa Service Center. I was told today that my delivery walkthrough would be handed off to a sales associate due to Lucid's "quarter end push". I was also informed that we would be limited to 30-45 minutes. Sounds a lot different than the leisurely two hour deliveries of the past. Hopefully the car will be perfect and everything will work! But it definitely sounds like Lucid is focused on reporting a big increase in deliveries for Q3.

That is great but unfortunate. We are here for your questions though!

Join the SoCal telegram!

I am excited to pick up my AGT tomorrow at the Costa Mesa Service Center. I was told today that my delivery walkthrough would be handed off to a sales associate due to Lucid's "quarter end push". I was also informed that we would be limited to 30-45 minutes. Sounds a lot different than the leisurely two hour deliveries of the past. Hopefully the car will be perfect and everything will work! But it definitely sounds like Lucid is focused on reporting a big increase in deliveries for Q3.
TBH - you don’t need 2 hours to go over the car. 30 mins might be cutting it fine but 45 mins should be ample to learn the basics and get you on your way.

TBH - you don’t need 2 hours to go over the car. 30 mins might be cutting it fine but 45 mins should be ample to learn the basics and get you on your way.
More like self discovery….

I am excited to pick up my AGT tomorrow at the Costa Mesa Service Center.
I'm right behind you. Just got a call from an SA at Costa Mesa saying my delivery was imminent and to get all the financials in order. I know it's real now because the Lucid app finally let me sign in.

I'm right behind you. Just got a call from an SA at Costa Mesa saying my delivery was imminent and to get all the financials in order. I know it's real now because the Lucid app finally let me sign in.
Great another fresh fish! Join the SoCal Telegram!

I still have not seen another Lucid in SoCal since December last year. We’re very few and far between…….
SoCal is too big, I've seen 2 though!

I wasn’t at the delivery center anywhere close to 2 hours. An hour at the most. Really, 45’ should be adequate. Let’s hope they really push them out! Still waiting to see another on the road.

Before delivery I viewed all of Lucid videos on line that describe how to use the car. It certainly expedited the delivery and I was able to concentrate specifically on the condition of the car.

It is interesting how Lucid defines when a car is delivered under its purchase agreement. For out of state deliveries, the Purchase Agreeement states:
"Out-of-State: If you elect to pick-up your Vehicle in a state in
which Lucid does not conduct on-premises sales, the sale will
occur in a state in which Lucid is licensed as a motor vehicle
dealer. Lucid will arrange shipment of the Vehicle to you on
your behalf, FCA (free carrier) Incoterms 2020© on a third-party
common carrier or other mode of transport. Delivery, including
transfer of title and risk of loss, shall occur when your Vehicle
is loaded onto the carrier or transport.
"
Thus, once your car is put on the carrier in Casa Mesa, it goes into the "delivered" category if Lucid is not licensed in your state to sell cars. If this is how Lucid defines delivered in regards to its quarerly reports, the delivered vs produced number should be a bit closer then what I thought..
Also, since I live in Washinton State, where apparently Lucid is not licensed to sell cars, my Purchase Agreement shows that I am paying AZ sales tax on the vehicle. On at sale price of $140,500, the state tax is $12,645 which is 9%.

Reactions: Bel
Don't believe the 45 min. limit for inspection. Take as much time as you wish. Lucid is trying to rush you through so you won't find anything wrong that you might find in 2-3 hrs. Remember they are trying to get you to sign off on accepting the car, so the less time you have to inspect, the less time you have to find something. If they try to limit me, I will simply say I am not finished and will not sign off until I am finished. If they say no to that, I will say then take the car back to the Service center, 700 miles away at an unnecessary cost of $1500. I think I'll get my 2-3 hrs. I've got a 3-page inspection checklist that I gave to Lucid that I will go through, and it will take more than 45 min.

It is interesting how Lucid defines when a car is delivered under its purchase agreement. For out of state deliveries, the Purchase Agreeement states:
"Out-of-State: If you elect to pick-up your Vehicle in a state in
which Lucid does not conduct on-premises sales, the sale will
occur in a state in which Lucid is licensed as a motor vehicle
dealer. Lucid will arrange shipment of the Vehicle to you on
your behalf, FCA (free carrier) Incoterms 2020© on a third-party
common carrier or other mode of transport. Delivery, including
transfer of title and risk of loss, shall occur when your Vehicle
is loaded onto the carrier or transport.
"
Thus, once your car is put on the carrier in Casa Mesa, it goes into the "delivered" category if Lucid is not licensed in your state to sell cars. If this is how Lucid defines delivered in regards to its quarerly reports, the delivered vs produced number should be a bit closer then what I thought..
Also, since I live in Washinton State, where apparently Lucid is not licensed to sell cars, my Purchase Agreement shows that I am paying AZ sales tax on the vehicle. On at sale price of $140,500, the state tax is $12,645 which is 9%.
What ids your sales tax in WA? I think your DA or someone in the finance office goofed on your final price sheet. My final price sheet showed the correct sales tax (highway use tax in NC) of 3% (eat your heart californians!). You ought to check back with them to get it right.

What ids your sales tax in WA? I think your DA or someone in the finance office goofed on your final price sheet. My final price sheet showed the correct sales tax (highway use tax in NC) of 3% (eat your heart californians!). You ought to check back with them to get it right.
Lucid must be licensed to sell in your state. As @DJL posted, Lucid is not licensed in WA so must "sell" the car in a state they are licensed in. This results in a sales tax for that state rather than the state the buyer resides in.

45 minutes, imo, is short.

You will spend about 10 minutes drooling over the vehicle with the Ahhs & Oohs ... And by the time you get to actual biz, you may have forgotten some important Qs you were planning to ask. So, ....
1) Try to write up a checklist - your own - that may be a super/sub set that is already present here in these forums.
2) Make sure your DA sets your phone to your car first, before you set up your BT.
3) Make sure your DA sets up your EA charging as well. (They can do this ahead of time.)
4) Setting up your keyfobs+BT phone is a song/dance sequence (at least it was in my case.) Meaning, I had to move about 50 ft away from the car, have either one present for setup, etc ...
5) I never could get the Facial recognition to work. That may/may not be an issue for you.
6) Ask them to update your SW to the latest before delivery. That will save you the hassle.
7) Check and see if the dealer sticker is in the car. (Mine was not & I had to request for the same.)

8) Start doing your walk through now. Check for gaps, etc ... Window shades are taut; all doors close softly, etc ...

Have fun. And welcome to the club.

BTW: No pix. No Car. :)

Cheers

Don't believe the 45 min. limit for inspection. Take as much time as you wish. Lucid is trying to rush you through so you won't find anything wrong that you might find in 2-3 hrs. Remember they are trying to get you to sign off on accepting the car, so the less time you have to inspect, the less time you have to find something. If they try to limit me, I will simply say I am not finished and will not sign off until I am finished. If they say no to that, I will say then take the car back to the Service center, 700 miles away at an unnecessary cost of $1500. I think I'll get my 2-3 hrs. I've got a 3-page inspection checklist that I gave to Lucid that I will go through, and it will take more than 45 min.
Davey, if you are willing to share that 3-page checklist would be most appreciated. Thank you

Lucid must be licensed to sell in your state. As @DJL posted, Lucid is not licensed in WA so must "sell" the car in a state they are licensed in. This results in a sales tax for that state rather than the state the buyer resides in.
Not true. I paid no sales tax as Oregon does not have one. Lucid not licensed in Oregon.

I don't think that is the main reason as all the Delivery Centers have a huge backlog of cars on hand to deliver and are receiving more all the time and are trying to keep up.

Davey, if you are willing to share that 3-page checklist would be most appreciated. Thank you
OK. Two of the pages were hacked from earlier owners that developed a good checklist and can be found on earlier threads (Pricing and delivery threads). I have added a few extra:

1. Provide wheel alignment printout. All wheel alignment machines do this, so I want to have evidence that it was done and is within spec.
2. Inspect wheel balancing weights to ensure that no more than 3 oz of stick-on weights on either inboard or outboard are exceeded. If exceeded, then they need to remount the tire on the wheel to minimize the balancing weights (procedure called match mounting). If they can't do it then, then that calls for a new tire or wheel, or both.
3. Check AC temp in vents with thermal probe (on Amazon for $10) Temp should be between 40 and 45 deg. F steady state both front and back vents.
4. Monroney sticker should be in car
5. Turn signals are operational
6. Hardcopy of Owner's Manual and screen cleaning cloth are in Glovebox.
7. Test the 12V batteries and the HV battery are able to be fully charged and the charging function is fully operational. I plan on using a battery tester for the 12V. Batteries. if these 12V batteries have been sitting around for weeks waiting to get installed in an un-air-conditioned space (75 deg. is optimal) in AZ in the summer, then their charging capacity has already been compromised.
8. Rear and side mirrors fully adjustable and side mirrors fold in and out.
9. Check for squeaks in the seats, doors, steering wheel, windows, instrument panels and other locations.
10. Check to ensure all exterior lighting is functional (headlights, taillights, brake lights. turning signals, etc.)
11. Check battery and engine coolant lines for leaks and for proper connections and support (no interference with drive axle and suspension) Recall Item.
12.Check fluid levels inside maintenance panel in frunk

I have told them that any safety and security related issues not working (Brakes, lights, startup/ shut down, cracked windshield or windows, opening and closing doors, etc will be a game breaker and to go try again. I know this an extensive list, but I want to avoid multiple trips back and forth from the service centers and thus be without use of the car. Hope they can get it right the first time, for all of us.

That's about it. I don't think that's too much to ask of a car selling for $140,000, do you? I don't.

Back