• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Quarter end push of deliveries

OK. Two of the pages were hacked from earlier owners that developed a good checklist and can be found on earlier threads (Pricing and delivery threads). I have added a few extra:

1. Provide wheel alignment printout. All wheel alignment machines do this, so I want to have evidence that it was done and is within spec.
2. Inspect wheel balancing weights to ensure that no more than 3 oz of stick-on weights on either inboard or outboard are exceeded. If exceeded, then they need to remount the tire on the wheel to minimize the balancing weights (procedure called match mounting). If they can't do it then, then that calls for a new tire or wheel, or both.
3. Check AC temp in vents with thermal probe (on Amazon for $10) Temp should be between 40 and 45 deg. F steady state both front and back vents.
4. Monroney sticker should be in car
5. Turn signals are operational
6. Hardcopy of Owner's Manual and screen cleaning cloth are in Glovebox.
7. Test the 12V batteries and the HV battery are able to be fully charged and the charging function is fully operational. I plan on using a battery tester for the 12V. Batteries. if these 12V batteries have been sitting around for weeks waiting to get installed in an un-air-conditioned space (75 deg. is optimal) in AZ in the summer, then their charging capacity has already been compromised.
8. Rear and side mirrors fully adjustable and side mirrors fold in and out.
9. Check for squeaks in the seats, doors, steering wheel, windows, instrument panels and other locations.
10. Check to ensure all exterior lighting is functional (headlights, taillights, brake lights. turning signals, etc.)
11. Check battery and engine coolant lines for leaks and for proper connections and support (no interference with drive axle and suspension) Recall Item.
12.Check fluid levels inside maintenance panel in frunk

I have told them that any safety and security related issues not working (Brakes, lights, startup/ shut down, cracked windshield or windows, opening and closing doors, etc will be a game breaker and to go try again. I know this an extensive list, but I want to avoid multiple trips back and forth from the service centers and thus be without use of the car. Hope they can get it right the first time, for all of us.

That's about it. I don't think that's too much to ask of a car selling for $140,000, do you? I don't.
Thank you.
I‘ve never done #1 and 2. Have folks been able to obtain the printout.? I suppose we have to ask in advance of delivery.

Thank you.
I‘ve never done #1 and 2. Have folks been able to obtain the printout.? I suppose we have to ask in advance of delivery.
I think you will only get the printout if you ask for it. Without the printout there is no way of knowing if they did the alignment.

It is interesting how Lucid defines when a car is delivered under its purchase agreement. For out of state deliveries, the Purchase Agreeement states:
"Out-of-State: If you elect to pick-up your Vehicle in a state in
which Lucid does not conduct on-premises sales, the sale will
occur in a state in which Lucid is licensed as a motor vehicle
dealer. Lucid will arrange shipment of the Vehicle to you on
your behalf, FCA (free carrier) Incoterms 2020© on a third-party
common carrier or other mode of transport. Delivery, including
transfer of title and risk of loss, shall occur when your Vehicle
is loaded onto the carrier or transport.
"
Thus, once your car is put on the carrier in Casa Mesa, it goes into the "delivered" category if Lucid is not licensed in your state to sell cars. If this is how Lucid defines delivered in regards to its quarerly reports, the delivered vs produced number should be a bit closer then what I thought..
Also, since I live in Washinton State, where apparently Lucid is not licensed to sell cars, my Purchase Agreement shows that I am paying AZ sales tax on the vehicle. On at sale price of $140,500, the state tax is $12,645 which is 9%.
I contacted m DA, Jess, on this issue and she clarified what the 9% represents. I was not familiar with a 9% sale tax in WA for cars because we have a 6.8% sale tax for cars here Thus, I assumed it was for AZ because next to it in the Purchase Agreement, it was giving the LUCID AZ address. However, the 9% does represent the sale tax for both WA and the county I live in now, which is Whatcom Co. Whatcom Co receives 2.2% for every new car sold to its residents! Thus, 6.8% plus 2,2% equals the 9% I am paying. Now we all know....

OK. Two of the pages were hacked from earlier owners that developed a good checklist and can be found on earlier threads (Pricing and delivery threads). I have added a few extra:

1. Provide wheel alignment printout. All wheel alignment machines do this, so I want to have evidence that it was done and is within spec.
2. Inspect wheel balancing weights to ensure that no more than 3 oz of stick-on weights on either inboard or outboard are exceeded. If exceeded, then they need to remount the tire on the wheel to minimize the balancing weights (procedure called match mounting). If they can't do it then, then that calls for a new tire or wheel, or both.
3. Check AC temp in vents with thermal probe (on Amazon for $10) Temp should be between 40 and 45 deg. F steady state both front and back vents.
4. Monroney sticker should be in car
5. Turn signals are operational
6. Hardcopy of Owner's Manual and screen cleaning cloth are in Glovebox.
7. Test the 12V batteries and the HV battery are able to be fully charged and the charging function is fully operational. I plan on using a battery tester for the 12V. Batteries. if these 12V batteries have been sitting around for weeks waiting to get installed in an un-air-conditioned space (75 deg. is optimal) in AZ in the summer, then their charging capacity has already been compromised.
8. Rear and side mirrors fully adjustable and side mirrors fold in and out.
9. Check for squeaks in the seats, doors, steering wheel, windows, instrument panels and other locations.
10. Check to ensure all exterior lighting is functional (headlights, taillights, brake lights. turning signals, etc.)
11. Check battery and engine coolant lines for leaks and for proper connections and support (no interference with drive axle and suspension) Recall Item.
12.Check fluid levels inside maintenance panel in frunk

I have told them that any safety and security related issues not working (Brakes, lights, startup/ shut down, cracked windshield or windows, opening and closing doors, etc will be a game breaker and to go try again. I know this an extensive list, but I want to avoid multiple trips back and forth from the service centers and thus be without use of the car. Hope they can get it right the first time, for all of us.

That's about it. I don't think that's too much to ask of a car selling for $140,000, do you? I don't.
Some here would beg to differ lolol. Great list but AC temp at 40-45 at the Vents hmm sounds like a dream but regardless my face will never be glued to the Vents. I would like to see 70-73 degrees at the seating positions.

I hd no windshield wiper fluid in mine.

OH Where is that maint panel. I will look because there is no way to check fluid levels anywhere else. A photo would be much appreciated.I had issues with 3/8/12. Never was told a hard copy of the owners manual should be in the glove box. Not really needed if its on the console or the website but with stuff like the 12V happening now i see the merit.

BTW check for all trim to be flush and trunk and frunk open/close. My trunk had to be adjusted twice and that requires a visit to the service center.

Some here would beg to differ lolol. Great list but AC temp at 40-45 at the Vents hmm sounds like a dream but regardless my face will never be glued to the Vents. I would like to see 70-73 degrees at the seating positions.

OH Where is that maint panel. I will look because there is no way to check fluid levels anywhere else. A photo would be much appreciated.I had issues with 3/8/12. Never was told a hard copy of the owners manual should be in the glove box. Not really needed if its on the console or the website but with stuff like the 12V happening now i see the merit.

BTW check for all trim to be flush and trunk and frunk open/close. My trunk had to be adjusted twice and that requires a visit to the service center.
My car posts 44 degrees F at the vent!

The AC temp at the vents of 40-45 deg. is pretty much standard for auto AC systems. The probe should go deep into the vents as possible. At those vent temps the temp around the passengers will be what you expect with the fan controls.

In the Owner's manual the Maintenace panel is shown to be above the frunk towards the windshield. Looks easy to remove and check fluids.

If your car is solidly dead, a hardcopy of the manual is a good idea.

Agree.
Potential problem is they may not keep records of what’s done in the factory.
If that's the case then the final PDI better do a wheel alignment. It only takes about 15 min.

If that's the case then the final PDI better do a wheel alignment. It only takes about 15 min.
As a consumer, I’m all in.
We may encounter pushback because 15 minutes are still 15 minutes for Lucid team. Additionally, since most people don’t do this for ICE cars, it‘s like establishing a new norm.

As a consumer, I’m all in.
We may encounter pushback because 15 minutes are still 15 minutes for Lucid team. Additionally, since most people don’t do this for ICE cars, it‘s like establishing a new norm.
They are supposed to do a wheel alignment as part of the delivery process. I don't know when they do it but Lucid should be able to provide evidence that it was done. As Sam6062 noted, they didn't provide washer fluid in his car, which is so simple! For me there is a good chance they may not have done the wheel alignment properly for something that important, so they should provide the printout as a matter of course.

Back