2023 Q4 Deliveries

There's a recall on coolant heaters for 3000 cars, my guess is that's part of the reason today. Mine went out last winter, I wonder if I got an improved one.

Meh, PIF owns a large chunk of Nintendo and most thing Americans love. Any push back against Lucid because of PIF usually comes across as hypocrisy due to ignorance and selective “awareness”.
Yeah, think of where all the gas used to come from. And using Uber! What about the iphone made in China. Its senseless.

There is no doubt about their agenda protecting the LEGACY auto makers….. post strike. The EV hate is at the highest point It’s been in the past two years.

Sadly, Lucid has sailed into one headwind after another ever since its launch: a pandemic which disrupted travel to vendors for on-site engineering oversight and caused long-term supply chain disruptions; overheated inflation and interest rate rises; Electrify America charging issues; loss of the EV tax credit; aggressive price cutting from the No. 1 EV sales leader; overall slowdown in EV adoption rates; and now a new round of escalation in the political war against EVs.

As Margo Channing once said after downing a martini in one gulp, "fasten your seatbelts; it's going to be a bumpy night." And it's going to be a very rough year for Lucid to launch the Gravity.

Last edited by a moderator:
LCID is sinking even faster than its past linear decline. The PIF should take it private to mute most of the naysaying.
They won't take it private. Cheaper to just buy all the Saudi made cars. Going oprivate means spending 3 billion, then spending another 3-5 billion for expenses, that is almost 8 billion. Why not just spend 600-700 million a year and buy all those cars. 5k sales plus the 7-8k in US and Europe will mean 12-13k sales in 2024. Doubling sales!!

This is a Lucid forum not a political forum. Please be careful to keep politics out of the discussion. There are plenty of other places for a political discussion.

Okay, folks. Let's steer away from the politics. This is not the place where we want to discuss such things.

Market always looks forward , not at the present. Lucid enterprise value, meaning both factories, tooling would be about 2 billion, tech about 2 billion, inventory 0.5 billion, available cash 3 billion. Add to this the fact they will never go bankrupt and have PIF, limitless money to support, is that worth 30% premium - comes to around 10 billion. Presently it is undervalued. Should be at least $4.5.

That’s why I bought more today.
Your analysis doesn't take DEBT into account...I think > 2B (?).

This is a Lucid forum not a political forum. Please be careful to keep politics out of the discussion. There are plenty of other places for a political discussion.
Okay, folks. Let's steer away from the politics. This is not the place where we want to discuss such things.

Got it . . . mea culpa. (It's just hard to discuss the prospects for Lucid without discussing the larger environment in which its fate will play out.)

There's a recall on coolant heaters for 3000 cars, my guess is that's part of the reason today. Mine went out last winter, I wonder if I got an improved one.
Hopefully this should address warming cabins more efficiently for few folks out there.

2.97- wow, who would have thought. At least that formality is over.

Your analysis doesn't take DEBT into account...I think > 2B (?).
Debt.. interest on debt… and also margin on product is negative, so it’s hard to paint a good picture just yet. I agree Saudi backing may keep it alive but they also put money into wework via SoftBank… you know how that went

I never thought the stock would go under $3 but it happened. Technical analysis only helps to determine if you think the stock is overvalued or undervalued compared to the current share price. But a lot of public companies, especially speculative companies, trade on emotion, sentiment, rumors, and future growth.

If you're a long term holder, then it's best to filter out the noise and stay true to your conviction if you believe and have confidence in the company, the management, the products / services, the vision, market opportunity, growth, etc. It's currently a bumpy ride for all EV companies, not just Lucid. All long term holders should expect ups and downs. If you're rattled by the big swings, best to just buy the car and enjoy a different ride then the stock roller coaster. 😜

In fact, I think the point is bolstered by the fact that in 2019, after Musk's botched 2018 attempt to get Saudi backing to take Tesla private, the PIF dumped 99.5% of its Tesla holdings. I think the way Musk handled the funding situation scared them away from Tesla, as they spotted the emerging signs of some of the traits that have come into fuller flower of late.

PiF sold their TSLA ~$20. Today it closed at $218.

This is factually incorrect. 2000 cars will receive an OTA that will determine if a hardware repair is necessary. It is currently predicted that such will be necessary on one percent, or about 20 cars.

Back