Price now reduced by $7500

Here's a thought: Whenever I buy anything, I consider whether the price is fair for what I am getting. If the answer is no, I don't buy. If it's yes I buy. After that, I stop thinking about it.

Once I've signed an agreement saying I'll pay X, I just pay X. I don't get mad if the company sells it for less the next day, week, or whatever. I also don't get happy if they're selling it for more a week later. It's in the past. I agreed to a price and I'm happy to stand by it.

Thinking about past purchase decisions is a recipe for a heart condition.

Lucid is doing this to help Lucid. If it benefits you, great. They didn't have to do it, just as you don't have to buy the car. If it pisses you off some people are getting lower prices and others aren't, then don't buy. Pretty simple.

Of course they want to move some GTs, and that's the primary reason for this change. They also would rather get a few folks to kick up to a Touring, since they are producing Touring right now, so why not crank out a few extra hundred of those?

It makes little sense to lower the price of Pure, given they have tens of thousands of reservations and they can't possibly fill them all this year. Simple economics. Don't like it, cancel. Someone later on the list will be glad you did.
My guess is their backlog shrank again in Q4 and their doing this in part to get ahead of the Feb earnings call on which they'll have to disclose the order book

My guess is their backlog shrank again in Q4 and their doing this in part to get ahead of the Feb earnings call on which they'll have to disclose the order book
Not a bad guess.

With one production line I think it is far more efficient (and they can build more cars) sticking with the glass roof for now. And this did get me to upgrade from a Pure to a Touring at the legacy pricing and with the $7500 it's not a huge increase in total cost and I get the glass roof. Probably more net profit for Lucid as well and they get to move some of those cars parked outside the factory. win-win

With one production line I think it is far more efficient (and they can build more cars) sticking with the glass roof for now. And this did get me to upgrade from a Pure to a Touring at the legacy pricing and with the $7500 it's not a huge increase in total cost and I get the glass roof. Probably more net profit for Lucid as well and they get to move some of those cars parked outside the factory. win-win
100% this and I'd guess you're not the only one who upgraded from Pure to Touring today. What did you go with for your interior?

You might want to dial back your tone a little bit here. Please read our guidelines concerning that. If you are unable to do that, please refrain from posting on this forum. Thank you.
Cut and paste from the Guidelines
1. BE KIND: Please be respectful and civil in your written “tone.” Act as you would in real life, or at least would like others to. Keep posts and comments focused on the subject and context of the thread or category. Avoid any personal attacks, name calling, or emotional outbursts.

I find this interesting in the promo:

Must place order by no later than March 31, 2023 and take delivery by no later than April 30, 2023.

So that implies that with the configs on promo that there really isn't a backlog. Seems like they have run through most of the GT and Touring loaded config reservations. Seems like mostly Pure reservations and Touring with less option or metal roof are left on the books.

Since I have not taken delivery of my AT yet, I contacted my DA to inquire about the $7,500 rebate. My DA said I qualified for the rebate and will send over the new purchase agreement tomorrow.

Just heard from my sales advisor: the price reduction is not retroactive.

Yeah---I'm in the same boat, and had the identical thought: never felt the glass roof was worth $4000, at least not to me.

But if they effectively pay me $3500 to put one on, I probably will...

It seems pretty arbitrary to leave the metal roof crowd out in this. When I ordered my car a year ago I was told I'd have it late Q3 of '22.
Guessing the metal roofs are excluded because they are not making any yet

My new updated PA pricing is now $94070 before TTL…….That’s for a base Touring with the glass roof and no SSPRO and no DDPRO…Man miracles do happen😊😊😊

I find this interesting in the promo:

Must place order by no later than March 31, 2023 and take delivery by no later than April 30, 2023.

So that implies that with the configs on promo that there really isn't a backlog. Seems like they have run through most of the GT and Touring loaded config reservations. Seems like mostly Pure reservations and Touring with less option or metal roof are left on the books.
How many people have ordered a Lucid and had it delivered within 4 weeks? Not sure how that’s possible aside from in stock cars. It would seem this is more viable, but still not easy, for those placing orders shortly.

My new updated PA pricing is now $94070 before TTL…….That’s for a base Touring with the glass roof and no SSPRO and no DDPRO…Man miracles do happen😊😊😊
It will be very interesting now to see if they will add Pures on this discount. I was told by my DA that I may get my fully loaded Pure by March. If they don't offer the same discount on Pures... I would rather upgrade my order to Touring.

It will be very interesting now to see if they will add Pures on this discount. I was told by my DA that I may get my fully loaded Pure by March. If they don't offer the same discount on Pures... I would rather upgrade my order to Touring.
A bunch of folks didn't want to risk it so decided to take advantage of the $7,500 and upgraded. If you had your Pure at Legacy pricing, you'd get your Touring at Legacy too plus the $7,500 off and delivery by the end of March.

Guessing the metal roofs are excluded because they are not making any yet
Ahh, you mean metal won't be deliverable before the cutoff for the price drop...didn't think of it that way, but it makes sense. (except that they might not cut off the 7500 when they claim)

But still an arbitrary outcome for someone who doesnt buy into the glass roof

Ahh, you mean metal won't be deliverable before the cutoff for the price drop...didn't think of it that way, but it makes sense. (except that they might not cut off the 7500 when they claim)

My DA had mentioned metal roof option would start building towards the end of March, with April delivery, but with a number of people responding to this encouragement to change to glass roof, metal will likely get delayed to April or later, I'm guessing. But as I mentioned before, I think the exclusions from the "selected" models were based on earlier projected availability where people might have felt their config should have been a Q4/22 delivery and expected a tax credit. If Lucid had already told you that your options were a "later" delivery, then you would have given up on the $7500 tax credit. It does suck just as much as buying the appliance or something that was a bit pricey then finding a week later that there's now a discount because there's a newer model available. Or buying a stock at $20 and it drops to $15 the next week.

Yeah... I'm guessing the discount is to promote/sell/deliver the vehicles that the assembly lines are currently producing. They are set up to make the glass roofs right now. And, from manufacturing and financial standpoints, it makes sense to produce and sell as many as possible before they have to pause to switch the lines to produce the metal roof vehicles. This is especially true heading into the end of the quarter when they are going to have to report their sales to investors. They don't want to have to stop production to make the switch if they can avoid it. Just guessing of course

Back