FEATURE OTA Update 2.1.47

I'm no mod, but while it's constructive to say that missing feature XX is valuable, not so much to say that my $25k car has it and what's wrong with Lucid. I've been guilty of this too.
Yes, that is the issue that I have called out about 93 people for.

and thats forgetting the fact that i dont see how you can get a bolt for 25k

No, its just that the Lucid is SO quiet with minimal wind noise that I don't think it's necessary for it! In lesser cars it is definitely important, although we don't listen to music much.
Even as quiet as the Lucid is, there is still enough tire noise at higher speeds that speed dependent volume feature would be very nice.

Even as quiet as the Lucid is, there is still enough tire noise at higher speeds that speed dependent volume feature would be very nice.
I have hearing loss at frequencies that tire noise/wind noise tends to reside in, which makes speed dependent volume super annoying for me. That's the hard thing of any software team, you could never please everyone even if you implemented 1000 requested features.

When you drive faster the volume should increase to match the increase in cabin/wind noise, and decrease when you slow down to a stop. It’s a feature that has been around in cars for a long time.

It’s actually very useful for me since my baby likes to fall asleep in the car with the ambient music when we’re on the road, when we pull off the highway the volume is then too loud and worries me that she’ll wake up so I have to manually crank it down and up as we drive around haha
Agree - very useful feature. I just assumed all cars have, since our cars have had this features for a long time.

I like that phrase. It's how I feel about using a Carlink kit to work around the Air's weak navigation software and lack of Android Auto support.
It’s how I feel about Android.

I didn’t start it by the way, someone else commented and said that these were not features on basic cars. I gave an example of a basic car that has these features. I don’t understand why I can’t give criticism without immediately getting attacked. “Well you can put your car in park, then close the garage and then reverse again, or you can press pause on the audio every time you open the door”. I never asked for ghetto workarounds. The features aren’t there, so let’s focus on that, not on validating lucid’s weird update priorities
Understandably, but do you feel like you've added to the conversation? You aren't new to this forum, you've seen most of the recent posts, in particular, to missing features. What does your post add to the discussion besides piling on that certain features are missing? If it's just to be heard, then it would be better to write an e-mail to Customer Care to request features so they can add it to their list of requesters. It's just a constant, beating the dead horse analogy, of missing features. The reason we frown upon constantly using the "this car has these features and costs $XXX" is because it doesn't mean anything. Every car has features missing compared to any cars of any value. I could just as easily counter your disagreement with, "WOW, the Lucid has a great 360 view parking camera that a $300k Ferrari is missing"

Understandably, but do you feel like you've added to the conversation? You aren't new to this forum, you've seen most of the recent posts, in particular, to missing features. What does your post add to the discussion besides piling on that certain features are missing? If it's just to be heard, then it would be better to write an e-mail to Customer Care to request features so they can add it to their list of requesters. It's just a constant, beating the dead horse analogy, of missing features. The reason we frown upon constantly using the "this car has these features and costs $XXX" is because it doesn't mean anything. Every car has features missing compared to any cars of any value. I could just as easily counter your disagreement with, "WOW, the Lucid has a great 360 view parking camera that a $300k Ferrari is missing"
Eh, I think that section of the guidelines should be rewritten. Not all mentions of the vehicles price(in this is case the bolt) are unconstructive, although most are. I thought this mention was fine. I have previously suggested a rewrite of that section of the rules.

Eh, I think that section of the guidelines should be rewritten. Not all mentions of the vehicles price(in this is case the bolt) are unconstructive, although most are. I thought this mention was fine. I have previously suggested a rewrite of that section of the rules.
Again, it's not that suggestions aren't constructive feedback. What does including the phrase "because a car of $XX has it and the Lucid doesn't" add to improving the product? It doesn't, unless you feel that Lucid doesn't know how to build a car and forgot about these features.

People spending $X on a car expect $Y features based on the type of car they are purchasing. People do not expect a surround camera in a Ferrari but they do expect the car to have class leading power, handling..... Lucid needs to sell more cars. People on this forum pointing out what they expect in an electric luxury car that starts at $75K sends a message to Lucid what people want. They are moving in the right direction with the restructuring of the models, prices and options for 2024. Adding these features or enabling people to add them as an option will attract more buyers. Limiting these types of discussions on these forums is the wrong path to take.

WOW, the Lucid has a great 360 view parking camera that a $300k Ferrari is missing"
My DD car doesn’t 😭🤣🤣 at least in that case I knowingly chose to omit the hardware for it. I won’t beat a dead horse on the craziness of that either. I do hope the other features I mentioned and that are part of the forum’s wishlist will be added in software in the future.

Also unrelated, but before I get attacked for not owning a lucid again, how do I add myself as a verified owner?

Last edited:
I think the older forum members are just tired of new members talking about the same repetitive stuff that's being consistently brought up.

Anyway, to get back to the topic. My iPhone 11 carplay has essentially stop working after my car was upgraded to the newest update (phone freezes every 5 minutes), however, my iPhone 14 is working flawlessly. I tested both phones on my BMW and carplays worked fine on both. It is not the phone. Hopefully, the next update fix the issue.

"Basic" car features are debatable. I've owned plenty of cars that had few to none of these things you're considering basic, still have some.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I really don't understand why you would buy a vehicle, and then spend your time focusing on the things it didn't do as opposed to enjoying how it drives and all the things it does do well. Especially in a car that gets OTA updates, so the things you are missing will get to you eventually.
I agree, drives much better than a Tesla.

Ever since the 2.0 software and the addition of Apple CarPlay, everything else in the updates has been gravy.

People spending $X on a car expect $Y features based on the type of car they are purchasing. People do not expect a surround camera in a Ferrari but they do expect the car to have class leading power, handling..... Lucid needs to sell more cars. People on this forum pointing out what they expect in an electric luxury car that starts at $75K sends a message to Lucid what people want. They are moving in the right direction with the restructuring of the models, prices and options for 2024. Adding these features or enabling people to add them as an option will attract more buyers. Limiting these types of discussions on these forums is the wrong path to take.
There are many existing threads on feature requests and a master list on Lucidupdates.com. This is not the right thread for it since the topic is 2.1.47. The forum is not a good way to provide feedback to Lucid. It is much better to email customer care directly. Please save us from the "I am only complaining to to help Lucid" line, that is also old.

I must disagree with your seeking to limit discussion about issues/features on this forum. This is the best place for that discussion. Lucidupdates.com is very limited in what is covered. I and many others with the standard sound system complained about the quality of the bass on this forum. It is not mentioned on Lucidupdates as a bug or feature. Lucid noticed and fixed the sound system in the last update. The best owners' forums that I belong to are heavily monitored by the manufacturer and guide the development of features, fixes and future products. Let's not make this a fanboy only website.

I must disagree with your seeking to limit discussion about issues/features on this forum. This is the best place for that discussion. Lucidupdates.com is very limited in what is covered. I and many others with the standard sound system complained about the quality of the bass on this forum. It is not mentioned on Lucidupdates as a bug or feature. Lucid noticed and fixed the sound system in the last update. The best owners' forums that I belong to are heavily monitored by the manufacturer and guide the development of features, fixes and future products. Let's not make this a fanboy only website.
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your feedback. I encourage you to go back and read some of the older posts in this forum. It is primarily about issues and features, and about as far from a fanboy website as I could imagine. Lucidupdates.com, which I created, is meant to catalog all of the OTA updates and also be a good place for FAQ. You might notice also a Wishlist and Bug List, both created with input from forum members. There is nobody on this forum, especially not the moderators, who seek to limit any such discussion. In fact, we created the very service instruction that you reference regarding your sound quality. What we do try to limit his discussions that are either simple rants or useless comparisons. This is well enumerated in the guidelines, which I encourage you to read.

Back