• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

FEATURE OTA Update 2.1.47

Have they given any timeline for big UI update? Is their goal to do one major update per year?
Based on the time between ux 1 and 2 along with gravity having 3.0, I think a reasonable estimate would be q1-q2 2024.

Have they given any timeline for big UI update? Is their goal to do one major update per year?
No timeline announcement. It would be very rare for any company to disclose its software development plans.

Some days I wonder how Lucid arrives at their priorities for new features. People have been complaining about always on headlights or how difficult it is to close garage after backing out but neither got fixed but this 'bug' got fixed in a matter of weeks(?).
You have no idea how long people have been complaining about any particular feature. Or how many people.

Or, most critically, how easy the fix is.

There’s a lot that goes into prioritizing a software road map. What we see here on the forum is about 0.0001% of it.

There were other things wrapped up in there, such as updates to Bluetooth and CarPlay functionality. Remember, not every update will apply to you. Some will be to satisfy the needs and desires of other drivers. For example, I am quite a cheerleader for adding Android Auto, though I would never own an Android device.
Bobby
I think you have performed many admirable deeds for this forum and I love the videos. Thanks for taking your time to make it easier for the rest of us.

It’s crazy how many basic car features are still missing in the lucid settings. No adjustment for parking lights, no adjustment for all the dings, every time I use easy entry, it dings so loud while the seat is moving, no way to turn off music when you open the door, no speed adjust for volume, no auto-heated seats. No way to close garage door in reverse.

I think it’s a great car and so practical and usable, but man their software is severely lacking. Makes Rivian look like a mature software company in comparison.
Agreed, looks pretty but it feels like no one tried to use itbto test for functionality lol. I'm still hopeful they'll fix it though. Baby steps.

@Bobby i see the auto condition seats and steering wheel is enabled by default, but I haven’t noticed it do anything even in the cold. Are you sure this does what you think it does? Sounds more like a preconditioning thing. It’s a very confusing option title and description. It should say warm/cool the seats based on outside temperature at least or something.

You have no idea how long people have been complaining about any particular feature. Or how many people.

Or, most critically, how easy the fix is.

There’s a lot that goes into prioritizing a software road map. What we see here on the forum is about 0.0001% of it.
I’m 99.9999% sure turning off the blinkers in the same direction wouldn’t have been a highly requested feature outside this forum either. My guess is some engineer wanted a backlog item solved for his promo doc and picked something easy and random 🤣

@Bobby i see the auto condition seats and steering wheel is enabled by default, but I haven’t noticed it do anything even in the cold. Are you sure this does what you think it does? Sounds more like a preconditioning thing. It’s a very confusing option title and description. It should say warm/cool the seats based on outside temperature at least or something.
Seat and steering wheel heating, and seat ventilation, have definitely turned on automatically based on HVAC settings for me.

“Preconditioning” refers to heating or cooling the battery to optimal temp prior to charging.

The climate preference setting will automatically turn on the climate control and/or seats as it sees fit. It works as it should, but I’d like more levels of control.

It’s crazy how many basic car features are still missing in the lucid settings. No adjustment for parking lights, no adjustment for all the dings, every time I use easy entry, it dings so loud while the seat is moving, no way to turn off music when you open the door, no speed adjust for volume, no auto-heated seats. No way to close garage door in reverse.

I think it’s a great car and so practical and usable, but man their software is severely lacking. Makes Rivian look like a mature software company in comparison.
"Basic" car features are debatable. I've owned plenty of cars that had few to none of these things you're considering basic, still have some.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I really don't understand why you would buy a vehicle, and then spend your time focusing on the things it didn't do as opposed to enjoying how it drives and all the things it does do well. Especially in a car that gets OTA updates, so the things you are missing will get to you eventually.

"Basic" car features are debatable. I've owned plenty of cars that had few to none of these things you're considering basic, still have some.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I really don't understand why you would buy a vehicle, and then spend your time focusing on the things it didn't do as opposed to enjoying how it drives and all the things it does do well. Especially in a car that gets OTA updates, so the things you are missing will get to you eventually.
I am enjoying what it does have. I even mentioned in my post that the car is great otherwise. Does it hurt you or anyone if I mention that features found on most modern cars are missing here? I think the more we call it out, the more lucid will listen. My $25k Chevy Bolt had every feature I mentioned btw. Also Tesla and rivian.

I am enjoying what it does have. I even mentioned in my post that the car is great otherwise. Does it hurt you or anyone if I mention that features found on most modern cars are missing here? I think the more we call it out, the more lucid will listen. My $25k Chevy Bolt had every feature I mentioned btw. Also Tesla and rivian.
The issue is that all the things you called out DO have solutions(other than the backup camera, which I agree is an issue. it is already on the features poll).

I do have to ask, what did you mean by speed volume adjust?

Please review the guidelines. Thanks!

...I do have to ask, what did you mean by speed volume adjust?
Media volume that automatically increases somewhat as you drive faster, to maintain a seemingly constant volume above road & wind noise.

The issue is that all the things you called out DO have solutions(other than the backup camera, which I agree is an issue. it is already on the features poll).

I do have to ask, what did you mean by speed volume adjust?

When you drive faster the volume should increase to match the increase in cabin/wind noise, and decrease when you slow down to a stop. It’s a feature that has been around in cars for a long time.

It’s actually very useful for me since my baby likes to fall asleep in the car with the ambient music when we’re on the road, when we pull off the highway the volume is then too loud and worries me that she’ll wake up so I have to manually crank it down and up as we drive around haha

Media volume that increases somewhat as you drive faster, to maintain a seemingly constant volume above road & wind noise.
Ah, my current car(2014 kia) doesn't call it that, my bad. I always thought that was a useless feature but maybe that's just me.

Ah, my current car(2014 kia) doesn't call it that, my bad. I always thought that was a useless feature but maybe that's just me.
It's handy. No need to turn the audio volume up and down when moving from city streets to freeway and back.

No offering constructive criticism? 😬
I'm no mod, but while it's constructive to say that missing feature XX is valuable, not so much to say that my $25k car has it and what's wrong with Lucid. I've been guilty of this too.

It's handy. No need to turn the audio volume up and down when moving from city streets to freeway and back.
No, its just that the Lucid is SO quiet with minimal wind noise that I don't think it's necessary for it! In lesser cars it is definitely important, although we don't listen to music much.

Back