Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Joe,
Mark me down for delivered today (12/4) a cosmos/Santa Cruz. Will get some pictures together and thoughts in a couple days. Brain is tired from sensory overload, LOL
Congratulations!!

Speaking of deliveries, today I got to do the whole eSign thing on the terms and such, and for the first time reading all the fine print and seeing the actual numbers I had a moment of "Holy crap. This is a lot of money." Just a splash of reality, I suppose, before taking the final plunge.

I was impressed even the financial folks are sending out stuff like this on a Sunday, though. Lucid is definitely burning the midnight oil here to get these cars out by EOY.
Per your last sentence, The Lucid Team gets major Kudos!!!

Speaking of deliveries, today I got to do the whole eSign thing on the terms and such, and for the first time reading all the fine print and seeing the actual numbers I had a moment of "Holy crap. This is a lot of money." Just a splash of reality, I suppose, before taking the final plunge.

I was impressed even the financial folks are sending out stuff like this on a Sunday, though. Lucid is definitely burning the midnight oil here to get these cars out by EOY.

Same. I’ve been all excited, even did the DocuSign but when I got to the payment portal, I did a double take and haven’t proceeded. I will, but I just need a bit of a pause to remind myself I’m doing the right thing.
That sales tax. Ouch. Anyway I plan to pay early this week.

Mine says my Black/Tahoe delivery to San Diego is still on track for mid-to-late-December delivery. But we’re all hoping the trickle just magically turns into a firehose at this point
FWIW, my DA said I should expect VIN assignment for my Black/Tahoe some time in the 12/12 -12/16 range (I'll believe that when I see it). Delivery could be 2 - 4 weeks. Seems the Black Tourings may indeed be last.. bummer. Interesting how it seems the factory is batching by various color / interior combinations. Wouldn't it be nice if they communicated their approach? While we would all love to accept delivery this year, I think realistically speaking this is turning into just trying manage expectations...

Mine says my Black/Tahoe delivery to San Diego is still on track for mid-to-late-December delivery. But we’re all hoping the trickle just magically turns into a firehose at this point
Are you getting delivery in San Diego? My DA wants me to Uber to Costa Mesa……

With all due respect, I’m not sure you understand how software is written. Lucid cannot use any of Tesla’s features off the shelf. They had to build their own. It takes time.

Signed,
a 22 year software industry veteran and founder.
@ikonos got my point. I don't think you still understand what I was trying to imply. Please read Joe's comments on my previous posts and where the discussion ended.

Btw 30+ Yrs here! From ML coding on 8086 all the way to Deep learning, AI. I'm sure there're more seniors here in this forum but what's the point?

Was debating if this should go into Driving Dynamics but thought I'd post here instead. I got a chance to test drive that Millbrae Touring vehicle on Friday, and here are my impressions (and a couple photos of backseat well). I'll try to elaborate most on the backseat footwell as that's the main difference people can't judge from an AGT. Some driving dynamics comments but not much as it was rainy and a little dark around the 5PM test drive time, as well as rush hour - thus no launch and flooring the pedal.
Note, my only EV experience is with a year with M3LR and a few test drives with M3P and Lucid AGT & T.

tl;dr Anyone who wants the power and acceleration, you'll get more than plenty. Definitely settled any doubts I might've had, and will have a lot of fun in this car. Back passengers will be happy with the increased foot-well, but will still probably take the upgrade to sit in the back of an SUV. And why is the windshield tint so bloody low?

Driving:
- Power and acceleration was more than enough - plenty that I think the test drive show-person and my GF got a little motion sick (woops).
- Compared to the Model 3 Performance, it's definitely more substantial especially at higher speeds. While the M3P will have more of a head throwback at lower speeds due to the weight difference, the Touring definitely still had a head throwback. On the highway at higher speeds such as 40mph and 60mph, the Touring undoubtedly has more 'oomph' as the car lurched forward whereas the M3P would've been more of a shove.
- Was driving mostly in Swift and Sprint around highway speeds. Definitely more than plenty and as I got off the highway I changed to Swift and then down again to Smooth as the acceleration around town was getting a little too much for my passengers (and for me tbh). I believe I'd be more than happy with Swift for my spirited driving, Smooth for with passengers, and Sprint on occasion.
- Handling was definitely good. Heavy ass car but no complaints. Didn't slip in the rain under acceleration. Not much more I can say here as traffic, dark, and wet conditions stopped me from doing more.

Backseat (I'm 5'11 for reference, with my hip around 37-38"):
- As a baseline, the GT is okay. Lot of leg room, knees are definitely very high when sitting properly and my thigh is well in the air - only parts making contact to the seat is my butt. If I scoot down in the seat then more of my leg thigh is touching the seat. This is probably how I'd sit for any period of time over 15 minutes in the car as the high knee is mildly annoying.
- In the Touring, it is a notable improvement. It's definitely not spades of room where it's as if you're sitting in a SUV like a Model Y, but I'd say halfway between the GT and the Model Y. When I sat in it I was thinking "oh this is good, if only it were another inch" rather than "my thigh is still hanging and my knees are still in the air".
- In the first image below, I moved my feet forward maybe 6" or so in order to be in a much more comfortable sitting position. This would be what I'd be sitting like if I were in a long road trip such as from SF to LA - plenty comfortable. If I didn't move my feet up I'd probably eventually scoot down in the seat to give my lower thigh a rest (rather than being ever-so-slightly suspended) - I'd probably sit like this for shorter trips around town.
- Second image is just to illustrate the foot well compared to the rest of the car. Kind of hard to see with the Santa Cruz light interior but the darker areas show the depth somewhat.

Misc:
- 20" wheels were fairly quiet. I definitely heard some more than expected noise in the cabin when test driving the 19" and 21" in the AGT, but rest assured the 20" are going to be more than adequate for noise
- Tint on the windshield is definitely something I keep forgetting: why does it start so low?? I feel like I'm looking through a narrower than expected area as the tint darkens the top 30% of my visibility, and the HUD covers a decent bit of the bottom. This is honestly my main complaint of the car right now - visibility due to the low tint.

Oh, here is a bonus pic of someone who opted to take off the covers on a 20". I like it, though it does remind me of the wheels on the 2021 Honda Accord.

Attachments

• 20221202_170346.jpg
    20221202_170346.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 166
  • 20221202_170243.jpg
    20221202_170243.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 178
  • 20221202_164316.jpg
    20221202_164316.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 172
Are you getting delivery in San Diego? My DA wants me to Uber to Costa Mesa……
I wish. Costa Mesa pickup for me as well but simplified to SD in the post for familiarity.

Was debating if this should go into Driving Dynamics but thought I'd post here instead. I got a chance to test drive that Millbrae Touring vehicle on Friday, and here are my impressions (and a couple photos of backseat well). I'll try to elaborate most on the backseat footwell as that's the main difference people can't judge from an AGT. Some driving dynamics comments but not much as it was rainy and a little dark around the 5PM test drive time, as well as rush hour - thus no launch and flooring the pedal.
Note, my only EV experience is with a year with M3LR and a few test drives with M3P and Lucid AGT & T.

tl;dr Anyone who wants the power and acceleration, you'll get more than plenty. Definitely settled any doubts I might've had, and will have a lot of fun in this car. Back passengers will be happy with the increased foot-well, but will still probably take the upgrade to sit in the back of an SUV. And why is the windshield tint so bloody low?

Driving:
- Power and acceleration was more than enough - plenty that I think the test drive show-person and my GF got a little motion sick (woops).
- Compared to the Model 3 Performance, it's definitely more substantial especially at higher speeds. While the M3P will have more of a head throwback at lower speeds due to the weight difference, the Touring definitely still had a head throwback. On the highway at higher speeds such as 40mph and 60mph, the Touring undoubtedly has more 'oomph' as the car lurched forward whereas the M3P would've been more of a shove.
- Was driving mostly in Swift and Sprint around highway speeds. Definitely more than plenty and as I got off the highway I changed to Swift and then down again to Smooth as the acceleration around town was getting a little too much for my passengers (and for me tbh). I believe I'd be more than happy with Swift for my spirited driving, Smooth for with passengers, and Sprint on occasion.
- Handling was definitely good. Heavy ass car but no complaints. Didn't slip in the rain under acceleration. Not much more I can say here as traffic, dark, and wet conditions stopped me from doing more.

- As a baseline, the GT is okay. Lot of leg room, knees are definitely very high when sitting properly and my thigh is well in the air - only parts making contact to the seat is my butt. If I scoot down in the seat then more of my leg thigh is touching the seat. This is probably how I'd sit for any period of time over 15 minutes in the car as the high knee is mildly annoying.
- In the Touring, it is a notable improvement. It's definitely not spades of room where it's as if you're sitting in a SUV like a Model Y, but I'd say halfway between the GT and the Model Y. When I sat in it I was thinking "oh this is good, if only it were another inch" rather than "my thigh is still hanging and my knees are still in the air".
- In the first image below, I moved my feet forward maybe 6" or so in order to be in a much more comfortable sitting position. This would be what I'd be sitting like if I were in a long road trip such as from SF to LA - plenty comfortable. If I didn't move my feet up I'd probably eventually scoot down in the seat to give my lower thigh a rest (rather than being ever-so-slightly suspended) - I'd probably sit like this for shorter trips around town.
- Second image is just to illustrate the foot well compared to the rest of the car. Kind of hard to see with the Santa Cruz light interior but the darker areas show the depth somewhat.

Misc:
- 20" wheels were fairly quiet. I definitely heard some more than expected noise in the cabin when test driving the 19" and 21" in the AGT, but rest assured the 20" are going to be more than adequate for noise
- Tint on the windshield is definitely something I keep forgetting: why does it start so low?? I feel like I'm looking through a narrower than expected area as the tint darkens the top 30% of my visibility, and the HUD covers a decent bit of the bottom. This is honestly my main complaint of the car right now - visibility due to the low tint.

Oh, here is a bonus pic of someone who opted to take off the covers on a 20". I like it, though it does remind me of the wheels on the 2021 Honda Accord.
Thanks for the detailed review and perspectives.

Driving:

Misc:

Appreciate the in-depth analysis. I compared the GT with touring- looks like touring footwell is about 3 inches deeper. Also, the sales rep mentioned that the seats in the GT slant as such that the rear is slightly lower than the front where as the seats in the touring are flat. I felt more comfortable in the touring. Contemplated upgrading to GT but the rear seat negated that. I don't mind losing the 7.5k credit, rather do that than buy a GT.

Reactions: Pax

Driving:

Misc:

Nice write up. Thanks. I figured the speed would not disappoint. Thanks in particular for the comparison to the Model 3 performance. I know the price tier is different, but I know what that car feels like, so it helps to hear the differences.

I think I have a very different concept of rear space than some folks, because I often hear about SUVs being more comfortable, or having more room, and I find that odd. I have a friend with a Model Y, and I sit in the back of it fairly regularly. The space is no where near as large as the Air in the back. It’s fine. It’s better than my Model 3, but to call it more spacious than the Air is strange to me. And most other SUVs I’ve been in have been downright cramped.

I’m 6'2", so I don’t know if that makes a difference.

Reactions: Pax
View attachment 5294

Please reply with your Reservation Date, Exterior/Interior Color, and Options if you have them to be added to the tracker.

Looking for the Pure Delivery Tracker? Click Here. | Looking for the Grand Touring Delivery Tracker? Click Here.

INFINITE BLACK

Reservation​
Finalized​
VIN​
User​
Color​
Interior​
Stealth​
Roof​
Wheels​
Surreal Sound Pro​
Dream Drive Pro​
State/Province​
Jan 2020Oct 27, 2022@shreddercBlackSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
IL​
Aug 10, 2020Oct 26, 2022@segfaultBlackTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
VA​
Aug 31, 2020@GRHBlackMojave
Glass​
19"​
✅
Oct 27, 2020Oct 26, 2022@HaloddeBlackMojave
Metal​
19"​
✅
NY​
Feb 4, 2021Oct 26, 2022@Mkoy2881BlackTahoe
Glass​
20"​
May 14, 2021@nikpBlackTahoe
TX​
May 28, 2021@CamRekBlackMojave
Glass​
19"​
✅
WA​
Aug 9, 2021Nov 1, 2022@BrooklynboyBlackTahoe
✅
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
Sep 14, 2021Nov 1, 2022@KeithmajBlackTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
TX​
Dec 12, 2021@Constitution1stBlackMojave
Glass​
20"​
Feb 14, 2022Nov 2, 2022@PikabobBlackTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Apr 7, 2022@Slam08BlackTahoe
Apr 19, 2022Nov 4, 2022@gunick06BlackTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Apr 30, 2022Nov 1, 2022@JefferooBlackMojave
Glass​
19"​
✅
ID​
May 4, 2022@RyanATXBlackSanta Cruz
✅
Glass​
20"​
✅
TX​
May 25, 2022Nov 09, 2022@cbzBlackMojave
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
Jun 23, 2022@wyoAirBlackSanta Cruz
✅
Glass​
20"​
✅
WY​

COSMOS SILVER​

Reservation​
Finalized​
VIN​
User​
Color​
Interior​
Stealth​
Roof​
Wheels​
Surreal Sound Pro​
Dream Drive Pro​
State/Province​
Mar 7, 2020Oct 26, 2022@DTASilverTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
AZ​
Sep 2, 2020@TrekforeverSilverMojave
Glass​
20"​
✅
CA​
Sep 18, 2020@obelixSilverSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
NJ​
Nov 8, 2020Oct 26, 2022Nov 18, 2022@Chillywill75SilverSanta CruzGlass
19"​
✅
✅
IL​
Feb 21, 2021Oct 27, 2022@AZLucidGirlSilverSanta Cruz
✅
Glass​
20"​
AZ​
Mar 19, 2021Oct 26, 2022@terrygoneSilverTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Aug 9, 2021Nov 18, 2022@CesarspalaceSilverTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
NY​
Aug 15, 2021Nov 2, 2022@blueice89SilverMojave
✅
Glass​
21"​
✅
AZ​
Sep 20, 2021Nov 1, 2022@PaulSilverTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
CA​
Oct 12, 2021Nov 2, 2022Nov 26, 2022@KeithSilverSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
NH​
Oct 20, 2021@Wilddreams22SilverMojave
Glass​
20"​
Oct 29, 2021@ChipEdwardsSilverSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
✅
Nov 6, 2021@JimCOSilverMojave
Glass​
19"​
Dec 31, 2021@NapoliSilverTahoe
Jan 2022Nov 2, 2022@Dallas_LCIDSilverTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
TX​
Jan 7, 2022@imrtc999SilverSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
Jan 8, 2022@EVForever22SilverMojave
Metal​
20"​
CA​
Feb 28, 2022@morethanoneauSilverMojave
Glass​
19"​
Mar 1, 2022Nov 2, 2022@LucidBritSilverSanta CruzMetal
19"​
✅
CA​
Mar 21, 2022@pdqSilverTahoe
19"​
Apr 1, 2022@daydreamer223SilverSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
May 11, 2022@Jay2020SilverSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
BC, Canada​
May 28, 2022Nov 8, 2022Nov 19, 2022@DRWHO42SilverSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
NY​
Aug 3, 2022@idealimagesolutiSilverSanta Cruz
Glass​
21"​
✅
NJ​
Aug 12, 2022@luckylucySilverMojave
20"​
Oct 17, 2022Nov 9, 2022@MorganBSilverSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
TX​
Oct 19, 2022Nov 15, 2022@MHDaveSilverMojave
Metal​
19"​
✅
✅
CA​

ZENITH RED​

Reservation​
Finalized​
VIN​
User​
Color​
Interior​
Stealth​
Roof​
Wheels​
Surreal Sound Pro​
Dream Drive Pro​
State/Province​
Feb 2020@jhellowRedSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
Aug 13, 2020Oct 26, 2022@PatrickZWangRedTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Sep 10, 2020@nbs14RedMojave
Oct 14, 2020Oct 26, 2022@Dr ChillRedTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
Dec 15, 2020Oct 26, 2022@emoylvRedTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
NV​
Jan 19, 2021Oct 26, 2022@barcndawgsRedTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
May 27, 2021Nov 26, 2022@linnea1RedTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
WA​
Jun 17, 2021@SoCalAgRedTahoe
Glass​
19"​
CA​
Jun 24, 2021Oct 26, 2022@Babyrocko1908RedSanta Cruz
Glass​
21"​
✅
✅
PA​
Aug 4, 2021Nov 1, 2022@AbsoluteZenithRedMojave
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
NY​
Sep 29, 2021Nov 3, 2022@tjp74RedSanta Cruz
✅
Glass​
21"​
✅
WA​
Oct 3, 2021@Bdejong11129RedTahoe
Oct 14, 2021Nov 15, 2022@AIR.LUCIDRedTahoe
Metal​
19"​
✅
✅
CA​
Oct 19, 2021@afrankRedSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
TX​
Oct 22, 2021Nov 02, 2022@msirajRedSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
NJ​
Oct 29, 2021Nov 02, 2022@DOP@30RedTahoe
Glass​
21"​
✅
✅
CA​
Oct 30, 2021@edpeters2RedTahoe
Glass​
20"​
Nov 15, 2021Nov 07, 2022@Atown027RedMojave
✅
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Nov 25, 2021Nov 18, 2022@CA_2022RedTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
CA​
Nov 5, 2021Nov 1, 2022@GearHeadRedTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
MO​
Nov 12, 2021Nov 9, 2022@dnpr8055RedTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
TX​
Nov 14, 2021Nov 1, 2022@AhntilzaRedSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
Nov 14, 2021Nov 6, 2022@varunr82RedTahoe
Glass​
✅
✅
FL​
Nov 16, 2021Nov 18, 2022@CordyRedTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
Nov 19, 2021Nov 2, 2022@CorcordRedTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
Nov 20, 2021Nov 1, 2022@bigfootRedTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Dec 4, 2021Nov 3, 2022@moytoyxRedSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
NJ​
Dec 4, 2021Nov 5, 2022@Negan1000RedSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
CA​
Jan 6, 2022@704.LucidRedSanta Cruz
19"​
NC​
Jan 30, 2022Nov 29, 2022@Canyonero!RedSanta Cruz
Glass​
21"​
✅
✅
VA​
Feb 3, 2022Nov 2, 2022@CrewChiefRedTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
CA​
Feb 11, 2022Nov 16, 2022@EVCarRedMojave
✅
AZ​
Feb 19, 2022Nov 2, 2022@Sid432RedTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
NJ​
Feb 20, 2022@PsymacRedSanta Cruz
Apr 19, 2022Nov 5, 2022@meascomRedSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
WA​
May 9, 2022@a.deodatusRedSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
May 11, 2022Nov 2, 2022@hamburglarRedSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
IL​
May 11, 2022Nov 5, 2022@HESRedSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
FL​
May 13, 2022Nov 1, 2022@TenorcnjRedTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
NJ​
May 21, 2022Nov 2, 2022@LucidMikeRedSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
May 31, 2022@Dr ChillRedSanta Cruz
May 31, 2022Nov 27, 2022@ikonosRedSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
Aug 13, 2022Nov 9, 2022@RJ_MichalskyRedTahoe
✅
Glass​
20"​
✅
PA​

STELLAR WHITE​

Reservation​
Finalized​
VIN​
User​
Color​
Interior​
Stealth​
Roof​
Wheels​
Surreal Sound Pro​
Dream Drive Pro​
State/Province​
Sep 5, 2020Oct 27, 2022@MScottWhiteTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
Nov 11, 2020Nov 18, 2022@vraj83WhiteTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
WA​
Mar 5, 2021Oct 26, 2022@The NuckWhiteTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
CA​
Jul 26, 2021Nov 6, 2022@PHX-AirWhiteTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
AZ​
Aug 12, 2021Nov 1, 2022@StevepatekWhiteSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
NC​
Sep 7, 2021@Don1942WhiteSanta Cruz
Oct 8, 2021@CompyWhiteTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
CA​
Oct 8, 2021Nov 30, 2022Dec 2, 2022@JJ0087WhiteSanta Cruz
Glass​
21"​
✅
✅
Oct 30, 2021Nov 2, 2022@scharnhorstWhiteTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Nov 16, 2021Nov 1, 2022Nov 28, 2022@lsbuffsWhiteSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
AZ​
Dec 10, 2021@paulgWhiteSanta Cruz
Jan 15, 2022Nov 2, 2022Nov 25, 2022@1stEVWhiteSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Feb 2, 2022Nov 1, 2022Nov 28, 2022@joecWhiteSanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
CO​
Feb 6, 2022@JoeLWhiteSanta Cruz
Feb 13, 2022@SCRODWhiteSanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
SC​
Mar 13, 2022@jon_1kWhiteTahoe
Glass​
20"​
Mar 22, 2022Nov 1, 2022@SCOOTERSDWhiteTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
CA​
Apr 12, 2022@yashuneelWhiteMojave
Glass​
20"​
May 15, 2022@TuckerWhiteTahoe
Glass​
19"​
May 22, 2022@jcallarWhiteSanta Cruz
Metal​
20"​
✅
CA​
May 25, 2022Nov 2, 2022@LucidNJWhiteTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
NJ​
May 31, 2022@bwstewartWhiteSanta Cruz
May 31, 2022@esmurrellWhiteTahoe
Glass​
21"​
✅
Jun 18, 2022Nov 8, 2022@dnbWhiteSanta Cruz
20"​
✅

QUANTUM GREY​

Reservation​
Finalized​
VIN​
User​
Color​
Interior​
Stealth​
Roof​
Wheels​
Surreal Sound Pro​
Dream Drive Pro​
State/Province​
Sep, 2020@dolphinsafeGrey
Glass​
21"​
✅
Oct 14, 2020Oct 26, 2022@hitmanrayGreySanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
TX​
Dec 4, 2020Oct 27, 2022@malligGreyMojave
Metal​
19"​
CT​
Dec 6, 2020Oct 27, 2022@yiling1990GreySanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
Jan 7, 2021Oct 26, 2022@smowensGreySanta Cruz
Glass​
21"​
✅
✅
Jan 2021Oct 26, 2022@Tailspin74GreyMojave
Glass​
21"​
Mar 4, 2021Oct 27, 2022Dec 02, 2022@Electric AlGreySanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
CA​
Mar 17, 2021Oct 27, 2222@MacGreyTahoe
Glass​
21"​
✅
✅
Apr 1, 2021Nov 10, 2022@Money_ManiGreyTahoe
19"​
✅
✅
Jun 5, 2021Oct 26, 2022@ktloo_climateGreySanta Cruz
Glass​
19"​
Jul 5, 2021Oct 26, 2022@idiot900GreyMojave
Glass​
19"​
✅
PA​
Jul 6, 2021@ScottMGreySanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
FL​
Aug 24, 2021@lcidsonGreySanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Sep 16, 2021Nov 2, 2022@Brian WGreyTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
Oct 2021Nov 2, 2022@gavramGreySanta Cruz
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
OH​
Oct 19, 2021Nov 2, 2022@SveniceGreyMojave
Glass​
21"​
Oct 31, 2021Dec 2, 2022@PaxGreyMojave
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Nov 2021@PDiddyGrey
Glass​
19"​
NJ​
Nov 7, 2021Nov 1, 2022@kosherbaconGreySanta Cruz
✅
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Nov 9, 2021Nov 1, 2022@SheenaGraySanta Cruz
Metal​
19"​
✅
NE​
Nov 15, 2021Nov 3, 2022@Tim-in-CAGreySanta Cruz
Glass​
21"​
✅
✅
CA​
Dec 1, 2021@BsmithGreyTahoe
Dec 17, 2021Nov 1, 2022@rnrGreyTahoe
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
Feb 4, 2022Nov 2, 2022@maazymaazGreySanta Cruz
Glass​
21"​
CA​
Mar 12, 2022@digiboxerGreyTahoe
Mar 19, 2022Nov 1, 2022@CoreGreyMojave
✅
Glass​
20”​
✅
✅
UT​
Mar 23, 2022@AllenSGreyTahoe
19"​
AZ​
Mar 28, 2022Nov 1, 2022@LyricalGreyMojave
✅
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
CA​
Mar 29, 2022@LucidRiderGreyMojave
Mar 29, 2022@tommyGreyMojave
FL​
Apr 4, 2022Nov 2, 2022@GForceGreySanta Cruz
Glass​
21"​
✅
✅
UT​
Apr 8, 2022Nov 1, 2022@Gary@SGRGreyMojave
Glass​
20"​
✅
✅
AZ​
Apr 12, 2022@yashuneelGreyMojave
Glass​
20"​
Apr 16, 2022Nov 20, 2022@JangerGreyTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
May 7, 2022Nov 2, 2022Dec 03, 2022@GolfhackGreySanta Cruz
Glass​
19”​
✅
✅
MD​
May 13, 2022Nov 2, 2022@gtakerGreyMojave
Glass​
21"​
✅
Jun 1, 2022Nov 2, 2022@nautchilousGreyMojave
Glass​
20"​
Jul 8, 2022Nov 2, 2022@Mac01GreyMojave
Metal​
19"​
Aug 10, 2022Nov 2, 2022@GrubieGreyTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
NY​
Aug 11, 2022Nov 11, 2022@bprobersonGreyTahoe
Glass​
21"​
✅
✅
CA​
Oct 13, 2022Nov 8, 2022@RchieGreyTahoe
Glass​
19"​
✅
✅
WA​
We were just notified of our VIN and a 2-4 week delivery window. Reserved Oct 2021, ordered Aug 23 2022, Grey, Tahoe, Glass, 19" Pro Drive and Pro sound. NV

I think I have a very different concept of rear space than some folks, because I often hear about SUVs being more comfortable, or having more room, and I find that odd. I have a friend with a Model Y, and I sit in the back of it fairly regularly. The space is no where near as large as the Air in the back. It’s fine. It’s better than my Model 3, but to call it more spacious than the Air is strange to me. And most other SUVs I’ve been in have been downright cramped.
Interesting - the comparison was mostly for the height of the seat. I think SUV's for most people would be most comfortable as it's most similar to sitting in a chair with more height between the floor and the seat. The leg room between the seat and front seat is definitely way more in the Lucid than other cars, but I find the limitation is the seat height (for high knee/thighs on seat) versus the seat depth (seat to seat length).

Another way I think of it is that it has enough room in the back so that you can stretch out your legs almost as if you're in the passenger seat. Most other cars don't have that so they opt for higher seats to be more chair-like. Lucid's definitely have that going for them with how much there is... :D
Thanks in particular for the comparison to the Model 3 performance. I know the price tier is different, but I know what that car feels like, so it helps to hear the differences.
Take this with a grain of salt. Test driven it a few times but its based off memory, definitely came back from Touring test drive more than positive but that might be bc I was underestimating the Touring given the lower-than-expected specs.

Back