Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

Had a scheduled call with my DA today. I was informed to expect mine going to production Jan to Mar timeframe. And VIN ID will be assigned shortly after.
Seems like it matters less and less but what’s your original rsvp date and full spec config?

Seems like it matters less and less but what’s your original rsvp date and full spec config?
My original rsvp is nov 21. I have blue color/AWD and don't have any of the PRO. Not sure the criteria. Maybe the delivery location matters as I am close to the millbrae, CA delivery point. The DA indicated I can pickup car from that location.

The wait is killing me. Even a VIN assignment would be nice. Slowest December of my life lol

At this point my enthusiasm is slowly winding down. I'm getting less excited each passing day.

At this point my enthusiasm is slowly winding down. I'm getting less excited each passing day.
Yep.

I'm gonna sound like a spoiled kid, but I'm also not sure how I would feel if I don't get EOY delivery especially after getting the Dec 17 delivery event invite only for it to be canceled after I already canceled my Touring order :(

The wait is killing me. Even a VIN assignment would be nice. Slowest December of my life lol
Yep.

I'm gonna sound like a spoiled kid, but I'm also not sure how I would feel if I don't get EOY delivery especially after getting the Dec 17 delivery event invite only for it to be canceled after I already canceled my Touring order :(
Only if we had a clear idea about the tax credit... this wait wouldn't be as painful as it is to everyone haha

Yep.

I had this same issue when waiting for my DE in 2020, when we thought the credit was going away in 2021; I gave my DA hell to get it to me by the end of 2020. It didn’t make it, and ended up with delivery on 1/19/21, but having had it I can tell you it was absolutely worth it.

The anxiety and excitement and impatience is something we all have, but try to temper it by remembering that it’s still the car you want, and if the federal tax credit (which lucid doesn’t control) didn’t exist - would you still want it? If so, exercise as much patience as you can and enjoy the thrill of the car. :)

Just my perspective, of course.

I had this same issue when waiting for my DE in 2020, when we thought the credit was going away in 2021; I gave my DA hell to get it to me by the end of 2020. It didn’t make it, and ended up with delivery on 1/19/21, but having had it I can tell you it was absolutely worth it.

The anxiety and excitement and impatience is something we all have, but try to temper it by remembering that it’s still the car you want, and if the federal tax credit (which lucid doesn’t control) didn’t exist - would you still want it? If so, exercise as much patience as you can and enjoy the thrill of the car. :)

Just my perspective, of course.

Before Lucid, Tesla Model 3 or Y was my dream car but I let it go about 2.5 years ago back when actually had much more money. I settled with the idea that I'd be driving my mazda3 for a very long time which was totally fine with me. Bought myself a model Roadster as consolation prize haha

Ideally wanted Touring with glass roof, SSP, no DDP. I did have both finalized fully loaded Touring and Pure at the same time while I was waiting to see which one would get delivered EOY. Dec 17 invite made me cancel Touring reservation but honestly fully loaded Touring is outside of my budget so had to battle myself and let go of the glass roof which I super wanted and considered DDP instead which has more practical and safety uses. I'd still fight to get the EV credit, but the downgrade to fully loaded Pure already prices in potential of not receiving the EV credit

Thanks for the reminder. Ultimately I want the car. I tried hard to find a back-up but there's none. It's this Lucid Air or Mazda3. It's such a tease though!!! I was sooooo happy getting the Dec 17 delivery invite knowing that not only I will save with the downgrade but will also get the EV credit plus the privilege to tour the factory as icing on cake! But whole cake has gone missing😭

I know who to blame now though for the event cancelation. My mom is superstitious and told me that she had a vision that I died from a car accident on my way from AZ factory so she made a wish to overwrite her original wish of getting to 80years old and prevent my death instead. She apparently told my brother before the event got canceled so it wasn't after the fact. 😱

Before Lucid, Tesla Model 3 or Y was my dream car but I let it go about 2.5 years ago back when actually had much more money. I settled with the idea that I'd be driving my mazda3 for a very long time which was totally fine with me. Bought myself a model Roadster as consolation prize haha

Ideally wanted Touring with glass roof, SSP, no DDP. I did have both finalized fully loaded Touring and Pure at the same time while I was waiting to see which one would get delivered EOY. Dec 17 invite made me cancel Touring reservation but honestly fully loaded Touring is outside of my budget so had to battle myself and let go of the glass roof which I super wanted and considered DDP instead which has more practical and safety uses. I'd still fight to get the EV credit, but the downgrade to fully loaded Pure already prices in potential of not receiving the EV credit

Thanks for the reminder. Ultimately I want the car. I tried hard to find a back-up but there's none. It's this Lucid Air or Mazda3. It's such a tease though!!! I was sooooo happy getting the Dec 17 delivery invite knowing that not only I will save with the downgrade but will also get the EV credit plus the privilege to tour the factory as icing on cake! But whole cake has gone missing😭

I know who to blame now though for the event cancelation. My mom is superstitious and told me that she had a vision that I died from a car accident on my way from AZ factory so she made a wish to overwrite her original wish of getting to 80years old and prevent my death instead. She apparently told my brother before the event got canceled so it wasn't after the fact. 😱
Oof I hope your mom has terrible foresight haha

I also drove a Mazda 3 previously. Loved that car. Drove it for a decade!

At this point no one has gotten notified of actually being in production, so who knows, we might all be looking at may ‘23…Tourings were originally slated for production in June and look how well that went
hold on, did touring reservation holders finalized in june 22 and got the status "preparing for production" for 6 months?

hold on, did touring reservation holders finalized in june 22 and got the status "preparing for production" for 6 months?
Yep, right before they were set to start production they magically released the GT-P a whole new car to start producing, and then figured out mfg process was worse than living with my ex wife

Oof I hope your mom has terrible foresight haha

I also drove a Mazda 3 previously. Loved that car. Drove it for a decade!
Welp, I either ways I won't be driving from AZ anymore >.<

Yep, right before they were set to start production they magically released the GT-P a whole new car to start producing, and then figured out mfg process was worse than living with my ex wife
I think GT-P is just software enabled?

Anyone who were told EOY delivery got any update from their DA? Looking like still no VIN. Im sure someone wouldve posted already.

Anyone who were told EOY delivery got any update from their DA? Looking like still no VIN. Im sure someone wouldve posted already.
Those aluminum roofs are just really challenging to manufacture, it’s a completely different “vehicle”

I haven't received any notice either.

Looking at Touring thread, a lot of black exterior Lucid Airs are getting delivered with VIN this week. And Bear's Workshop flyover videos from last week showed a lot of black airs. It seems like we could potentially estimate our delivery based on the flyover videos.

GT-P uses the Samsung cells with a 118kWh pack versus the GT's LG 112kWh pack. Also I think there's some different tuning which might be hardware (or not).
Also different wheels. Not that this is a big deal.

Hey Joe...quick update, I finalized on Dec 6th and submitted license and insurance info.
Cosmos silver
no ddp or ssp

Reactions: Joe
I've been watching the Touring tracker. Looks like 7-10 days to delivery from VIN assignment. There's still hope for some EOY deliveries for Pure.

Back