Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

I don't believe that either the invite to the December 17th event that didn't happen nor the distribution of a VIN had anything to do with distance from the factory. I live about sixty miles from the factory and I didn't get an invitation nor have I received a VIN even though I reserved on June 18, 2021 and finalized on November 22, 2022 as soon as I saw that option. It is strange that no one from Lucid feels obiigated to try to explain this mess. Yes, I resent the fact that order of reservation apparently was given no condsideration in establishing the order to distribute VINs. I want to feel happy for those who will get there Pure and the tax credit, but that is extremely difficult to do when I know that others who put their faith and money on the line for Lucid are being treated with so little (if any) respect.
What was your spec? Was it Fathom Blue with DDP/SSP and dual motor?

Looks like fully loaded blue.. same as mine.

At this point I have no clue what their criteria was. It's possible the email to finalize wasnt sent out in order and maybe there's as much as several hours delay. Still, the date of reservation shouldve weighted more. I added the fullly loaded blue design within 5 mins it was announced, maybe it's based on that? Lol thats just terrible queueing.

At the end I hope we all get the EV credit even those with 2023 delivery as that's the most important part.

Yes, our order was exactly as was specified and is listed in the Delivery Tracker: Fathom Blue, DDP, SSP, Alcantra, AWD, 19 inch wheels. Original reservation on June 18, 2021 and finalized on 11/22/2022. It only has to be delivered sixty miles to Scottsdale, AZ.

I was one of the individuals originally invited to the December 17th event, and I am one of the reservation holders who have been lucky enough to have the opportunity of receiving my Pure before EOY.

I had been very responsive with Lucid and followed all directions. The first email advising to save the Derek Jenkins configuration, I did it before the email even came out within seconds of it going live after the debut. The second email to finalize my Pure, I did so for the Derek Jenkins configuration within minutes. And luckily I took that random call from Lucid to be invited for the event. I think I got an invite because of my responsiveness and proximinity, close enough for a road trip but not close enough to be right down the street (one of the caveats was for new owners to agree to experience a road trip back home from the factory in their new Pures)

Yes, our order was exactly as was specified and is listed in the Delivery Tracker: Fathom Blue, DDP, SSP, Alcantra, AWD, 19 inch wheels. Original reservation on June 18, 2021 and finalized on 11/22/2022. It only has to be delivered sixty miles to Scottsdale, AZ.
When did you last communicate with your DA?

I talked with my DA early last week, but since then I have sent messages and have not received a response. I don't believe that he has ever corresponded with me on a weekend, so my plan was to call him tomorrow morning. What should I expect him to be able to tell me?

I talked with my DA early last week, but since then I have sent messages and have not received a response. I don't believe that he has ever corresponded with me on a weekend, so my plan was to call him tomorrow morning. What should I expect him to be able to tell me?
Since you are local, you can get a VIN even mid week next week and still get delivery before 31st. They probably sent VIN to those in the neighboring areas first.

Glad someone is getting Pures but would have been nice if reservation dates mattered. I totally get pushing Touring and above in front of Pure from a revenue standpoint. I know there are many of us who indicated we would pickup wherever to beat the EOY date but that doesn’t seem to have factored into this.
Reservation date? Mine is 1/21. It will be 2 years in a few weeks since I reserved. Am I the longest held reservation owner here? Granted I went for the base model Pure, but gee whiz, golly Molly.

Reservation date? Mine is 1/21. It will be 2 years in a few weeks since I reserved. Am I the longest held reservation owner here? Granted I went for the base model Pure, but gee whiz, golly Molly.
there's a couple of 2020 reservation holders

As time goes by I’m beginning to seriously doubt any base model Pures will be delivered during this summer. This is just not a priority for Lucid.

For the tracking chart, mine is:
Reservation Date- 1/27/2021
Color- Cosmos Silver
19” wheels
RWD
Surreal Sound (not pro)
Dream Drive (not pro)
State- NY

Last edited:
There's more than a couple 2020 reservations (including mine) with the tracker above presumably showing only a fraction of the total pool.

@Joe can you update my tracker info: Finalized 11/23/22; AWD = Yes. Thanks.

@Joe Will we see the VIN issue date for Pure soon in the tracking?

I asked my DA what is the factor to dictate your spot in line and here is his responses:
There are several factors that dictate your spot in line. They are mainly:
  • Date of Reservation
  • Trim Reserved
  • Configuration

I spoke with my DA through scheduled meeting. I won't be getting my Jenkin's build Pure by EOY 2022... He said they haven't fully started production for Pures, yet. Even if I get a VIN this week, won't make it to EOY...

I asked my DA what is the factor to dictate your spot in line and here is his responses:
There are several factors that dictate your spot in line. They are mainly:
  • Date of Reservation
  • Trim Reserved
  • Configuration
Well thats not true, there are folks who rsvp'd in march 2022 that are getting their VIN's before others in 2020 or 2021...

I spoke with my DA through scheduled meeting. I won't be getting my Jenkin's build Pure by EOY 2022... He said they haven't fully started production for Pures, yet. Even if I get a VIN this week, won't make it to EOY...
Since you are in Alabama and it will be close to the end of the year by the time they are ready to ship from AZ, it could be tight in your case. Those local or in the neighboring states could make it. It is a fine car worth waiting for regardless of the tax credit and as time goes by, it will matter less. Who knows what the IRS says even for those who get it this year? I never made my decision to buy just based on tax credit. It is a bonus if it happens.

Since you are in Alabama and it will be close to the end of the year by the time they are ready to ship from AZ, it could be tight in your case. Those local or in the neighboring states could make it. It is a fine car worth waiting for regardless of the tax credit and as time goes by, it will matter less. Who knows what the IRS says even for those who get it this year? I never made my decision to buy just based on tax credit. It is a bonus if it happens.
True. I wasn't going to make my decision solely on tax credit. I know I want this car really bad 😂😂 just got tired of waiting. My delivery location is TX actually. So my location really shouldn't matter. Thanks for your input!

Reservation date August 21st, 2020, converted to order back in August 2022, confirmed design Nov 25th, 2022, Zen. Red, AWD, I'm in Arizona, about 15 miles from the factory

I emailed the bank and CC'd my DA. My DA just sent the purchase order but I noticed he put in $1000 deposit instead of $300. Tempting to keep the $700 but nah not worth the taint, so had to email him to have it corrected haha. Also I will be going with Wawanesa for car insurance. I live in Sacramento, CA area

Back