Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

i went with gloss black on the roof

IMG_0899.jpeg

So I picked up my Black Touring today with glass canopy. Had a couple of hours with it before dropping it off for PPF. All I can say is wow, the car is amazing in how it drives!
I am getting a matte film and my biggest dilemma now is trying to decide on keeping the silver roof trim versus converting that to gloss black. The detailer strongly recommended the black, and leave all the other chrome trim as is. Thoughts?

After dropping it off, getting back in my Model S was just not the same. Can’t wait.
I debated that as well. But decided against. I felt blacking out chrome/silver is getting old and wanted to keep the character of the car. With the silver roof, the car has a distinctive look.

I blacked out the chrome on my models s but after a while , got bored and preferred the chrome look.

So I picked up my Black Touring today with glass canopy. Had a couple of hours with it before dropping it off for PPF. All I can say is wow, the car is amazing in how it drives!
I am getting a matte film and my biggest dilemma now is trying to decide on keeping the silver roof trim versus converting that to gloss black. The detailer strongly recommended the black, and leave all the other chrome trim as is. Thoughts?

After dropping it off, getting back in my Model S was just not the same. Can’t wait.
First of all, congrats! We picked up our Black AT in 12/22, and we went to Xpel Dallas for a gloss chrome delete on the top cantrails and the front brow. We love the results! Obviously personal preference...

Attachments

• Before After.jpg
    Before After.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 189
First of all, congrats! We picked up our Black AT in 12/22, and we went to Xpel Dallas for a gloss chrome delete on the top cantrails and the front brow. We love the results! Obviously personal preference...
Thank you.
Went to the shop today where they had done a section of the the trunk matte (satin) black and had put a piece of gloss black on the cantrail for me to see to decide. The consensus was, and I agreed, that black it is. What’s the worse that can happen. I get that section removed if I don’t like it, it’s not a big piece. Starting to take shape. Should be done by Saturday.

Looks good!

Follow up - There is no scratch. The screen protector hadn't been removed. Such a relief - an early Christmas present for sure.
I picked up my Pure a couple months ago. The delivery advisor explained to me that the Pilot Panel has a screen protector on it so I didn't bother replacing it. I notice long horizontal scratches from retracting the screen several times.. obviously friction. But does my Pilot Panel actually have a protector on it? I don't see much of any discussion regarding it coming with a protector on it. Just see lots of people purchasing an aftermarket one for their pilot panel. I'm ok if the scratches are on an actual protector that I would just leave it.

I’d be surprised if it came with a screen protector. I put the clear custom screen protector on, but after a week I removed it. I found when the sun hit it, it gave a hazy appearance I didn’t like. I now simply use the cleaning cloth it came with.

If yours is scratched from retracting and it’s that visible, I’d have it replaced and the clearance adjusted under warranty. Unless I missed it, I haven’t heard of that issue.

Mine came with a thin plastic cover on it. I wouldn’t call it a permanent screen protector so much as a temporary one meant for keeping it from getting scratched during assembly and delivery. It’s meant to be taken off. I thought the screen had a few scratches, too, until I realized that layer of film was still there.

Mine came with a thin plastic cover on it. I wouldn’t call it a permanent screen protector so much as a temporary one meant for keeping it from getting scratched during assembly and delivery. It’s meant to be taken off. I thought the screen had a few scratches, too, until I realized that layer of film was still there.
The other films such as on the cockpit canopy had a pull tab so did the rear passenger screen. Did your plastic film on the pilot panel have a tab?

I'd compare it to the apple screen protector, which until the iphone 12 used to be a thin layer of plastic(now it's paper for "environmental" reasons).

The other films such as on the cockpit canopy had a pull tab so did the rear passenger screen. Did your plastic film on the pilot panel have a tab?
No. It was pretty seamlessly integrated. So it was easy to believe it had no protector at all. Until someone here told me they peeled theirs off, I didn’t believe it.

No. It was pretty seamlessly integrated. So it was easy to believe it had no protector at all. Until someone here told me they peeled theirs off, I didn’t believe it.
Explains why my pilot panel isn't as glossy and slick as the other screens

Explains why my pilot panel isn't as glossy and slick as the other screens
Lol I pulled one off a loaner because I couldn’t believe someone had scratched it that bad; of course service just never took off the film haha

Lol I pulled one off a loaner because I couldn’t believe someone had scratched it that bad; of course service just never took off the film haha
I still have my film protector on both my pilot and back passenger panel.

Your Black AT looks great.
Here is the final result with the matte and gloss roof. I think for me it is the right mix of chrome and black. I have been really enjoying this car. Leaps and bounds over my Model S.

Attachments

• Lucid-7.jpeg
    Lucid-7.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Lucid-8.jpeg
    Lucid-8.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Lucid-9.jpeg
    Lucid-9.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Lucid-6.jpeg
    Lucid-6.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Lucid-4.jpeg
    Lucid-4.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Lucid-5.jpeg
    Lucid-5.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Lucid-3.jpeg
    Lucid-3.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Lucid.jpeg
    Lucid.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Lucid-2.jpeg
    Lucid-2.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Lucid-11.jpeg
    Lucid-11.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 219
Okay I think that’s the best looking matte wrap I’ve seen for an Air.

Your Black AT looks great.
Here is the final result with the matte and gloss roof. I think for me it is the right mix of chrome and black. I have been really enjoying this car. Leaps and bounds over my Model S.
As one of the apparently rare Infinite Black owners I have to say your Black matte Lucid looks amazing! It really brings out a different persona to the car. Nice!

For those that have taken Touring delivery, especially recently: What is the manufacture (born on) date?
I am assuming Lucid stamps that on the frame somewhere.
Bonus question: same thing for the tires?
Not sure if you got an answer, but there is in fact a sticker on the driver's door frame which contains the manufacture date along with weight. Open the door and it's on the frame.

Back