Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Or an even quicker way, he can log into his portal online and check the upgrades tab.
I logged in the portal I looked around a few places just the lucid website I assume but logged in. I didn’t initially purchase my car 2nd user so I don’t see that order on my screen. Think I should ask customer service?

I received it too. Will definitely not order the Pro - it isn't that good, althout Highway Assist is useful on long trips. Lucid should make HA available as a standalone upgrade for a reasonable price. Hopefully, over the time they will refine the algorithms making the Dream Drive Pro worth the extra $$$
I agree that the HA function as it stands is not enough to justify the price. However, I am excited to see what is planned in the future. Essentially the price is a contribution to the team making these features at this point… Very similar to the Tesla model.

Yep. I did. DDPro, too. I didn't pay for either, but they came installed. I had my fingers crossed that they'd forget about it and leave them active. (You know, as a bonus for us relatively early adopters with long standing reservations.)

I'll wait and see how much I miss them before I decide to fork out the $$ to upgrade. Maybe just to the new Premium option to keep the blind spot & surround view. I'm not much of an audiophile, so I doubt I'll miss the Atmos much. We'll see.
I'm leaning towards the premium option as well. $12k for what amounts to a very average highway assist function doesn't seem worth it at all.

I'm not a fan of purchasing unfinished software. You'd think they'd want to build up some users via incentives, since I find it hard to believe that people are going to be flocking to this feature en-masse. They can't really afford to take the Tesla approach here with such an immature autonomous option.

For the majority of the users mentioning the 10-12k for DDP not being worth it at all -- just a few of my thoughts.. a lot of us are driving Touring / GT's here, which are 100-110k+ out the door (T level).. the DDP is essentially only 10% of that. Is it really not worth it to pay an additional 10% for all future upgrades on the autonomy getting delivered to you for free? I get that at the moment it might not be the best "investment" but I feel like most people willing to shell out that kind of $ for a car in the first place would be more okay with spending that additional 10% vs nickel and diming which is the impression I'm getting here right now. Just my $0.02

For the majority of the users mentioning the 10-12k for DDP not being worth it at all -- just a few of my thoughts.. a lot of us are driving Touring / GT's here, which are 100-110k+ out the door (T level).. the DDP is essentially only 10% of that. Is it really not worth it to pay an additional 10% for all future upgrades on the autonomy getting delivered to you for free? I get that at the moment it might not be the best "investment" but I feel like most people willing to shell out that kind of $ for a car in the first place would be more okay with spending that additional 10% vs nickel and diming which is the impression I'm getting here right now. Just my $0.02
Well said.

I learned my lesson with Tesla. I bought full self drive in 2016 Model S. The promise (by Elon), at the time, was coast-to-coast FSD by the end of 2017. I still don't have it. I cannot even get the beta without paying an added $2,000 for a hardware upgrade. So keep that in mind. I'm done with buying promises.

I learned my lesson with Tesla. I bought full self drive in 2016 Model S. The promise (by Elon), at the time, was coast-to-coast FSD by the end of 2017. I still don't have it. I cannot even get the beta without paying an added $2,000 for a hardware upgrade. So keep that in mind. I'm done with buying promises.
I totally understand your point and it's definitely possible that the future software updates will take forever to come out and/or potentially cost extra $. It's too early to say at this point on. On the other side of the coin, I think the Tesla and Lucid's sales points are (or should be) two different things. With Tesla you bought 'Full-Self Driving' which was marketed as that, and I think a lot of customers (rightfully so) feel cheated because the software, to this day, still does not 'Fully self drive' you around. On the other hand -- Lucid never promised nor advertised such thing. Paying for DDP buys you the hardware that is capable for future autonomy via software releases. I think it all comes down to having proper expectations.

Don't you think that Lucid has delivered a much better level of ADAS in the short time compared to what Tesla did in the same period? Lucid is taking a conservative approach and so far I think there are zero accidents in Lucid due to HA or ACC. I used both a lot.

I totally understand your point and it's definitely possible that the future software updates will take forever to come out and/or potentially cost extra $. It's too early to say at this point on. On the other side of the coin, I think the Tesla and Lucid's sales points are (or should be) two different things. With Tesla you bought 'Full-Self Driving' which was marketed as that, and I think a lot of customers (rightfully so) feel cheated because the software, to this day, still does not 'Fully self drive' you around. On the other hand -- Lucid never promised nor advertised such thing. Paying for DDP buys you the hardware that is capable for future autonomy via software releases. I think it all comes down to having proper expectations.
I'll grant you that. The Tesla hype, at the time, included such things as videos that promised things that it still cannot do. Lucid has been very circumspect on future FSD/autonomy. No timeline. No fake videos.

If you want lane centering/assist, and some have posted here, that alone is worth the $10K, then fine. But, of course, once burned twice shy. I value the possible FSD at $0. Once it is demonstrated, and legal to use, and insurance issues work out, I'll reconsider.

Don't you think that Lucid has delivered a much better level of ADAS in the short time compared to what Tesla did in the same period? Lucid is taking a conservative approach and so far I think there are zero accidents in Lucid due to HA or ACC. I used both a lot.
I cannot comment, since I'm still waiting for my Pure, and even so did not order DD Pro. And I don't have Tesla's FSD (paid for it, but don't have it). Tesla Autopilot is still dangerous, IMO, so I don't hold out much hope for FSD in any reasonable timeframe.

Exactly my feelings, though I did get the DDpro for faster delivery. I called Tesla up and gave them an earful and sold my Tesla a little after that. I will never own a vehicle from a company where the CEO promises a product improvement is coming this year, takes your money and we still dont have it 6 years later. Wonder what Cathy Wood is drinking....Robotaxi my backside! At least Peter doesn't go around saying he will have full autonomy next year. I was happy to support Lucid's endeavor but will never buy another Tesla. And I actually paid 15 k for 2 Teslas! Money into Elon's pocket for NOTHING!!!

Exactly my feelings, though I did get the DDpro for faster delivery. I called Tesla up and gave them an earful and sold my Tesla a little after that. I will never own a vehicle from a company where the CEO promises a product improvement is coming this year, takes your money and we still dont have it 6 years later. Wonder what Cathy Wood is drinking....Robotaxi my backside! At least Peter doesn't go around saying he will have full autonomy next year. I was happy to support Lucid's endeavor but will never buy another Tesla. And I actually paid 15 k for 2 Teslas! Money into Elon's pocket for NOTHING!!!
Absolutely I would not be patient for 6 years. That said, almost any well equipped car these days seems to have reliable steering and speed control and a decent backup camera and parking sensors.
That needs to be standard in any luxury car. Real self driving start to stop is very far away and that is a premium feature.

Absolutely I would not be patient for 6 years. That said, almost any well equipped car these days seems to have reliable steering and speed control and a decent backup camera and parking sensors.
That needs to be standard in any luxury car. Real self driving start to stop is very far away and that is a premium feature.
Steering is still a premium feature. ACC? Sure, that’s pretty standard nowadays.

Steering is still a premium feature. ACC? Sure, that’s pretty standard nowadays.

Which Carmakers Have the Highest Rated Lane-Keeping Assist?

According to Consumer Reports, customer satisfaction is highest with the LKA systems in:

1. Genesis
  2. Tesla
  3. Kia
  4. Hyundai
  5. Jaguar
  6. Mercedes-Benz
  7. Cadillac
High end version of almost any car seems to have the lane centering and adaptive cruise control.

Yep. I did. DDPro, too. I didn't pay for either, but they came installed. I had my fingers crossed that they'd forget about it and leave them active. (You know, as a bonus for us relatively early adopters with long standing reservations.)

I'll wait and see how much I miss them before I decide to fork out the $$ to upgrade. Maybe just to the new Premium option to keep the blind spot & surround view. I'm not much of an audiophile, so I doubt I'll miss the Atmos much. We'll see.
I bought the DDPro out right, and also said to include the SSpro, bur there was a miscommunication and they dropped the SSpro to a free trail, I haven't logged in to use it so was wondering like others how different the sound will be and what options on the inner/lower panel will go away.

I bought the DDPro out right, and also said to include the SSpro, bur there was a miscommunication and they dropped the SSpro to a free trail, I haven't logged in to use it so was wondering like others how different the sound will be and what options on the inner/lower panel will go away.
What does your purchase agreement say? Did you pay for SSP?

What does your purchase agreement say? Did you pay for SSP?
It shows no SSP and my DA at the time mentioned the trial period when I was questioning why it wasn't there, so I left it as is instead of having them re-adding it (if I had made the change it would have been the third update to the PA).

Has anyone else have their shock and tilt sensor go off because of Thunder?

Took Delivery a week ago on my Touring. Had an order for a Pure RWD from 2021 but decided to take an available Touring for immediate delivery.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-26 at 11.13.45 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-26 at 11.13.45 AM.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 101
Back