Just got your Air? Consider buying this stuff

The biggest variable is how long after application do you wait before leveling/wiping. In 80+ degree temps, I was waiting 8 minutes and I probably could have waited 10. Applied to entire side of a Camry, waited, then wiped. Recommend you apply to a small section and time it. The sprays have so much solvent it takes a surprisingly long time to evaporate. I pulled the car out of the garage to inspect and there were a few hazy spots but they wiped right off. Triple coated with 1 bottle.

For my wife’s car, I bought the highly concentrated version but waiting for better weather to paint correct and apply. My GT was done by a detail shop with front ppf.
One of the local shops told me they don't use anything other than Xpel ceramic coating for Xpel ppf for warranty purposes. So I went to the Xpel shop, and they actually said I could use their stuff or Ceramic Pro. They don't retail their stuff, though. Adam's label drew a blank on them.

The biggest variable is how long after application do you wait before leveling/wiping. In 80+ degree temps, I was waiting 8 minutes and I probably could have waited 10. Applied to entire side of a Camry, waited, then wiped. Recommend you apply to a small section and time it. The sprays have so much solvent it takes a surprisingly long time to evaporate. I pulled the car out of the garage to inspect and there were a few hazy spots but they wiped right off. Triple coated with 1 bottle.

For my wife’s car, I bought the highly concentrated version but waiting for better weather to paint correct and apply. My GT was done by a detail shop with front ppf.
Thanks for the advise. Fortunately, its "winter" here in So cal, so 60ish degrees. I'll be 2 bucket washing (when the rain eases), move into the garage, use the Chemical Guys prep spray, then apply the Adam's in my garage so no sun and relatively cool. I'll definitely try it on a more inconspicuous panel as a test, but will wait for rainbow effect to fade and then wipe followed by UV light inspection. From the Adam's video, it should be 2-3 minutes drying time, so I definitely will do it panel by panel. I may try a 2nd coat after a 24 hour curing time.

Thanks for the advise. Fortunately, its "winter" here in So cal, so 60ish degrees. I'll be 2 bucket washing (when the rain eases), move into the garage, use the Chemical Guys prep spray, then apply the Adam's in my garage so no sun and relatively cool. I'll definitely try it on a more inconspicuous panel as a test, but will wait for rainbow effect to fade and then wipe followed by UV light inspection. From the Adam's video, it should be 2-3 minutes drying time, so I definitely will do it panel by panel. I may try a 2nd coat after a 24 hour curing time.
2 to 3 minutes was way too short for me. I think Adams told @bunnylebowski 10 minutes for his conditions. Of course, 2 minutes might be good during a Santa Ana condition. This is why experimenting with drying time on a small section is important to establish when to wipe. When the spray rainbowed, I thought it was still too wet so the next small section, I wiped a third of it after 4 minutes, the next third after 6 and the last third after 8. I figured as long it was still easy to wipe, I should leave it on as long as possible to let more solvent evaporate. All that solvent makes the sprays really forgiving in terms of giving you plenty of time to wipe…you just need to be really thorough wiping/polishing ensuring you don’t leave any spots.

One of the local shops told me they don't use anything other than Xpel ceramic coating for Xpel ppf for warranty purposes. So I went to the Xpel shop, and they actually said I could use their stuff or Ceramic Pro. They don't retail their stuff, though. Adam's label drew a blank on them.
Same for my GT. Xpel ceramic on Xpel ppf but they only used Xpel ceramic over the front ppf I had them apply. The rest of the car that didn’t have ppf applied was done with Modesta bc-04 which they like more. Most detail shops use pro only products. The big issue with the consumer products seems to be batch to batch consistency. I’ve had the initial order of product x last a year but the next order only last 4 months.

There is obviously a ton of information on this forum. As someone who is getting his GT very soon (I hope), I've been thinking about what items I should consider buying based on others' suggestions throughout the forum. I thought I'd start a thread to put it all together to have it in one place. I'm not including paint protection or tinting, as these already have their own threads.

Interior items:
- All weather mats. Right now, the best options are:
Motor Trend 923-GR Gray FlexTough Contour Liners
WeatherTech Trim-to-Fit Floor Mat
  (See @Dortreo's comparison here)
- Scotchgard Auto Fabric & Carpet Water Shield
- LightDims Original Strength (is the passenger airbag light still a nuisance?) Seems to be fixed
- Microfiber cloths to keep the screens clean (Lucid does supply one)
- CQuartz Leather 2.0 - 50ml Kit (111CQL5), Dr. Beazley’s Microsuede Protection- 12oz (DB-MP) and Carpro Forte V4 Professional Windshield Coat - New Version 2021 from Sky’s the Limit Car Care (per @Easyrider949)

Exterior items:
- EZ Spare tire/wheel (coupon code LUCIDSAVE) plus a large black trash bag
NOTE: The bigger wheel/tire will not fit in the frunk, but the smaller wheel/tire does. The smaller option has a limit of 50-75 miles of driving <55 mph, while you can drive for 100s of miles on the bigger one (per EZ Spare).
- Tire change kit (jack/lug wrench/gloves/etc.)
- Car cleaning supplies (see this thread)

Charging:
- Tesla Tap
- Home EVSE (Chargepoint, Grizzl-E, etc.)

Miscellaneous:
- Faraday box/pouch for key (I bought this one)
- Smart garage door opener (Chamberlain MyQ, Tailwind iQ3, etc.)
- Radar detector

Front license plates:
- For those in California, check out License Plate Wrap
- For those in other states, check out Custom License Plates

Back seat protection for pets:
- Orvis Hose-off Seat Protector
- K&H Pet Vehicle Door Protection

Anything I missed? Feel free to post more recommendations and I'll add them to the list as needed.
Are there mats for the Pure yet?

I put my $500 Uniden unit on the dash and hid the cable fairly well under the pilot panel using 3m cable stickers, and connected to a 12v USB adapter and hid that cable too. While the coating on the windshield does make the detector react a little later than in my prior car it still gives me plenty of time, and doesn’t require thousands of dollars and taking the car apart all for the sake of a little better performance and hidden cabling. The only annoying thing is the USB cable does not send power until it recognizes something is plugged into it, so I have to unplug and reconnect the 12v jack into the adapter everytime I get in the car.
$10k for a radar detection "system" ??? On top of PPF, tinting & all the other stuff that we need to buy ton protect our investment - I'm with you. My $500 Dual Pro will have to suffice.

$10k for a radar detection "system" ??? On top of PPF, tinting & all the other stuff that we need to buy ton protect our investment - I'm with you. My $500 Dual Pro will have to suffice.
To each their own. I really wanted something sleek and I plan on keeping this car a long, long time.

To each their own. I really wanted something sleek and I plan on keeping this car a long, long time.
If it doesn't hurt your wallet, more power to you. In my case, I just wrote the last college tuition check for my second kid, so I'm in recovery mode & trying to save a shekel or two so I can stop working before I die. With college costs running $300k+ per kid, I have to distinguish between "essential" & "nice to have" . Dropping $8-10k on a super sleek hotshit radar system doesn't fall into my "essential" column, just yet. Perhaps in a few years if the market recovers. Good luck with yours. BTW, which one did you buy??? (I can still dream, can't I ?) 😇
P.S. I appreciate many of your posts. They're often full of useful info. You do a real service for the rest of us. Please keep it up.

If it doesn't hurt your wallet, more power to you. In my case, I just wrote the last college tuition check for my second kid, so I'm in recovery mode & trying to save a shekel or two so I can stop working before I die. With college costs running $300k+ per kid, I have to distinguish between "essential" & "nice to have" . Dropping $8-10k on a super sleek hotshit radar system doesn't fall into my "essential" column, just yet. Perhaps in a few years if the market recovers. Good luck with yours. BTW, which one did you buy??? (I can still dream, can't I ?) 😇
P.S. I appreciate many of your posts. They're often full of useful info. You do a real service for the rest of us. Please keep it up.
Oh, I completely agree. I am also beginning to “tighten the wallet” a bit thanks to the market, me likely having kids this/next year, etc.

But the car and radar system were my “gifts to myself” after selling my company, so I was happy to go for it.

I got a Stinger. You can find my post about it here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/stinger-vip-radar-laser-system-installed.876/

Has anyone bought quality seat covers for their Touring?
Yes I did, but 'quality' is what I would argue.
My seat covers I got because I noticed because the Lucid doesn't have 'entry' and 'exit' mode where the steering wheel moves back and the seat moves back to allow you to get out and in easier, I have been rubbing my ass on the bolster upon entry. and hit the same spot every time, it's causing some wear very easily there.
I got some light seat covers from Ali Express that are black with red highlights to match the car interior, very cheap and thin seat protectors. Thin is important because I want to still feel as if there's nothing there (for seat massagers this is important)
But if you don't have massage seats, it may not be important to you.

Also would love to know if anyone else is getting the bolster wear I am

Yes I did, but 'quality' is what I would argue.
My seat covers I got because I noticed because the Lucid doesn't have 'entry' and 'exit' mode where the steering wheel moves back and the seat moves back to allow you to get out and in easier, I have been rubbing my ass on the bolster upon entry. and hit the same spot every time, it's causing some wear very easily there.
I got some light seat covers from Ali Express that are black with red highlights to match the car interior, very cheap and thin seat protectors. Thin is important because I want to still feel as if there's nothing there (for seat massagers this is important)
But if you don't have massage seats, it may not be important to you.

Also would love to know if anyone else is getting the bolster wear I am
A picture would probably do wonders

How long? My target 20 plus years and keep it in the family.

A picture would probably do wonders
IMG_20230109_171036.jpg
IMG_20230109_171024.jpg

Assuming no?

Lucid Service tech is at my house and mentioned the wear is unusual and mentioned there's 3 other owners with requests in for the leather seats.

He also mentioned he has submitted feedback earlier of improvements for Lucid to use better materials for the seat as his 2010 Mercedes still basically looks new and has no wear or wrinkling and hasn't conditioned it.

Assuming no?

Lucid Service tech is at my house and mentioned the wear is unusual and mentioned there's 3 other owners with requests in for the leather seats.

He also mentioned he has submitted feedback earlier of improvements for Lucid to use better materials for the seat as his 2010 Mercedes still basically looks new and has no wear or wrinkling and hasn't conditioned it.
Maybe it's the leather for that specific color? 15.5k miles in and I don't have any wear on my seats like you do.

Back