Just got your Air? Consider buying this stuff

Now that Tuxmat is out, I'd strongly consider using theirs instead since they have more coverage for the driver side specifically.
Another +1 for Tuxmats. Excellent material/padding/coverage/durability. I had them in my used and abused family Telluride, and they still look amazing.
They have trunk/frunk mats too.

I would get the Lucid sun shades for the glass roof. I got and installed mine about a month ago. They make a difference on hot days.

I take from this they stay put/don't come loose while driving?

The glass roof making/keeping the car too hot in the Texas sun is one of my wife's big concerns. I'd probably want to keep 'em in place for two or three months and then store them for the following summer.

The glass roof making/keeping the car too hot in the Texas sun is one of my wife's big concerns. I'd probably want to keep 'em in place for two or three months and then store them for the following summer.
They stay in place great. And they are easy to install or remove whenever you want. Best of all worlds.

They work well and stay in place no matter how you drive, think corners and launch mode. In Phoenix, I am thinking that I will take them out for about three months of the year and keep them installed the rest of the time.

TWRAPS Screen Protectors for Lucid Air - All 3 Matte/Anti-glare, Includes Main, Pilot and Back Display Protection for the Touchscreen & Infotainment System This install was the best $70 accessory .... No more smudges, scratches or cleaning. Super cool looking and functional....

The matte screen protectors and the twrap.com center console phone charger for iPhones are both excellent!

I just had them installed this week after having PPF/ceramic redone on the car, the shop said the glass cockpit one was really challenging to get right but I’m super happy with the results. The TWraps people make good stuff. I also have the wireless charger for the center console, it’s great.

I just had them installed this week after having PPF/ceramic redone on the car, the shop said the glass cockpit one was really challenging to get right but I’m super happy with the results. The TWraps people make good stuff. I also have the wireless charger for the center console, it’s great.
It cannot be too tough to install if an amateur like me can install it with perfect alignment and no bubbles. I agree, they make great products. They are also fairly easy to install, just takes a bit of patience.

It cannot be too tough to install if an amateur like me can install it with perfect alignment and no bubbles. I agree, they make great products. They are also fairly easy to install, just takes a bit of patience.
I did the Pilot Panel and rear screen solo and enlisted my wife's help for the Glass Cockpit. Everything looks great and no bubbles here either.

I don't get the add on wireless charger seeing there is a factory one built-in the console.

I don't get the add on wireless charger seeing there is a factory one built-in the console.
It is easier to use, charges two phones vs one. No need for cables everywhere. Looks clean. Snaps into place when you use a magsafe case. I use slim ones which work great. I was unsure at first also.

The factory one is terrible. Try fitting an iPhone 15 Pro Max in it. Whatever engineer thought of that should be fired. Can’t even see you phones either. Looks like it was built for first generation iPhones. Lol.

The factory one is terrible. Try fitting an iPhone 15 Pro Max in it. Whatever engineer thought of that should be fired. Can’t even see you phones either. Looks like it was built for first generation iPhones. Lol.
My iPhone 14 Pro with a Prodigee case fits snug as bug in the factory slot, and it slides in and out easily. Now when the car was brand new it took a slight effort to push it in, but after a week or so the contact pillows softened up and they cuddled the phone perfectly.

BTW, you're not supposed to see the phone when you're driving, I'll quote Thee Jim Morrison: "Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel" Jim knew :cool:

My iPhone 14 Pro with a Prodigee case fits snug as bug in the factory slot, and it slides in and out easily. Now when the car was brand new it took a slight effort to push it in, but after a week or so the contact pillows softened up and they cuddled the phone perfectly.

BTW, you're not supposed to see the phone when you're driving, I'll quote Thee Jim Morrison: "Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel" Jim knew :cool:
Yes. This is my favorite “feature” of the Air’s center console. Put the phone away and close the door. Zero distractions.

Ah ok and by the way…. just like you should not be looking at the multiple displays on cars now and days. Lucid you have to look in the middle, below the middle, etc to do anything like change a station, operate the Nav, look at the Nav, change a seat setting, turn on a heated seated, etc…. That is even more dangerous than glancing at a phone. lol

If you think the wireless charging is good on this car and modern, then you need to go glance at a couple other cars to see how it is really done! 😀

Back