Just got your Air? Consider buying this stuff

Does the E-HEELP fit under the car?
Yes and no. It fits if the tire is inflated (21"), but didn't quite fit when I had a flat.

I later learned from a Lucid tech that I could have used the jack on the rear lift point and it would have lifted the entire side of the car eventually due to the rigidity of the skateboard chassis.

The other option as mentioned a few times is to carry a short length of wood (2x4 or 4x4, I don't remember which) to drive the flat wheel over to increase the height off the ground.

Yes and no. It fits if the tire is inflated (21"), but didn't quite fit when I had a flat.

I later learned from a Lucid tech that I could have used the jack on the rear lift point and it would have lifted the entire side of the car eventually due to the rigidity of the skateboard chassis.

The other option as mentioned a few times is to carry a short length of wood (2x4 or 4x4, I don't remember which) to drive the flat wheel over to increase the height off the ground.
Thanks for that. Good to know.

My car will have 19” wheels. DA told me car left factory yesterday so with any luck, will get car this coming week.

So much new stuff to learn!

Thanks for that. Good to know.

My car will have 19” wheels. DA told me car left factory yesterday so with any luck, will get car this coming week.

So much new stuff to learn!
So exciting to be able to look forward to picking up your car vary soon. To improve your experience, be sure to read through the Owner's Guide before your delivery, so that you can focus your questions during delivery on things that are unstated or unclear in the manual. Such as ... (to the DA) show me the way to access my car using the RFID card when my fob and mobile key aren't usable; show me how to position my steering wheel so that my face is seen by the camera. Some things you can read about, but first hand experience/visualization really sets that knowledge in your head. And what's the best way to contact the service center directly if I have an urgent need, what are the best hours, etc., as there are some things the Customer Care people can't answer (service appointment rescheduling or emergency request)
Enjoy the car.

I would consider the WeatherTech cut to fit mats. They seem to stay in place better than the Motor Trends.

Yes, I bought them., unfortunately, they show more dirt then the carpet

I really like my 3D all weather mats. They selll them custom maid for the Lucid Air

Owners manual says you never have to apply leather conditioner to maintain new feel. Bridge of Weir (leather supplier for Lucid) states it is stain resistant but can't hurt to double down on stain protection.
New owner here of a Touring model. Has there been any reports of color transfer for Santa Cruz in the rear seats?

Love ours!
Check the 3D mats. Maybe Weathertech has changed its Air fitment, but they did not cover or fit as well as the 3D mats when I got the WT mats late last year. The color of the 3D mats is a perfect complement to my Santa Cruz interior.

Just bought this custom fit inexpensive sunshade and the fit with the standard windshield and metal roof is perfect. Good quality too.

ToughPro Sunshade

s-l1600.jpg

I bought the 3D's in black for the Front seats only . . . I have a Touring and 3D has not yet developed a rear floor mat for the 92kW battery packs (deeper floor) for Pure and Touring Models. That said, when I put the drivers side mat in place of the factory carpet mats I noticed 2 things:
  1. the velcro circles do not line up well - I would say there is maybe a 15% overlap of the circles of velcro (floor to 3D backside). I dont know if the GT / DE models have the velcro positioned differently and it was an oversite by #D not to accomodate for that (or not really care and sell the GT mat to Touring owners and hope they didnt notice)
  2. the mat does not extend all they way up the side of the footwell to reach the plastic trim of the door opening - leaving about 1" of carpet exposed. Not a huge deal, but given how sharp the edge of the 3D mat is, I would worry about it permanently marking the carpet with a grove where it digs in along the drivers door opening
Any others that have installed 3D's in the Front of a Touring or Pure experience similar things ?

I bought the 3D's in black for the Front seats only . . . I have a Touring and 3D has not yet developed a rear floor mat for the 92kW battery packs (deeper floor) for Pure and Touring Models. That said, when I put the drivers side mat in place of the factory carpet mats I noticed 2 things:
  1. the velcro circles do not line up well - I would say there is maybe a 15% overlap of the circles of velcro (floor to 3D backside). I dont know if the GT / DE models have the velcro positioned differently and it was an oversite by #D not to accomodate for that (or not really care and sell the GT mat to Touring owners and hope they didnt notice)
  2. the mat does not extend all they way up the side of the footwell to reach the plastic trim of the door opening - leaving about 1" of carpet exposed. Not a huge deal, but given how sharp the edge of the 3D mat is, I would worry about it permanently marking the carpet with a grove where it digs in along the drivers door opening
Any others that have installed 3D's in the Front of a Touring or Pure experience similar things ?
Now that Tuxmat is out, I'd strongly consider using theirs instead since they have more coverage for the driver side specifically.

Mine also don't overlap with the pads very much but there been very little movement of the mat so it hasn't bothered me.

This is a good list. My observations for what they are worth:
I bought the floor mats only for PPF etc as well as my drive from FL to CT. I will ditch after that. Bought another set of original mats for not much money.
I used the scotchguard per @hydbob suggestion. So far so good.
I have never noticed the passenger air bag light.
The car comes with at least one microfiber cloths. You need to put the screens into the right mode so they don’t go crazy.
I decided to only get the tire repair kit. I bought the 19” tires and never had a problem with the Tesla tires.
I’m in process of reluctantly going for most of @hydbob’s intense car washing apparatus.
Bought a 80amp TeslaTap
I’m just using my NEMA 14-50 plug
I’ve had the MyQ door opener for a while but am just carrying the old fashioned door opener till Lucid does an OTA to make garage exit as easy as garage entrance

I did buy a new EZPass/Sunpass transponder. On my Tesla, I had the transponder on my front license plate but I no longer have a front license plate! Working like a charm in far right hand corner of windshield.
That’s about it. I would suggest you practice the software resetting protocols on this forum. They are not intuitive and don’t always work the same in my experience.

And then get used to driving the best car you’ve ever owned by a significant amount. And I hope you don’t mind crowds.
Hi Pete, does the 80amp TeslaTap enable you to (super)charge at any Tesla charging station?

Hi Pete, does the 80amp TeslaTap enable you to (super)charge at any Tesla charging station?
A DCFC(super chargers, etc) is more like in the range of 300-750 amps at 400-1000 volts (DC). Upwards of 300+KW.
These adaptors are for 120v 15amp(Level 1) & 240v 30-80 amp (Level 2) chargers. 1-19kw...

How's the unrolling? Does it curl at the ends? I usually get folded sunshades
It's very stiff. No curling, but not easy to roll up. I usually just fold it in half and stuff it in the passenger footwell. Roll it only when I have passengers.

It's very stiff. No curling, but not easy to roll up. I usually just fold it in half and stuff it in the passenger footwell. Roll it only when I have passengers.
Thanks for info. Darn it. Someone bought the last one lol

Back