Just got your Air? Consider buying this stuff

The factory one is terrible. Try fitting an iPhone 15 Pro Max in it. Whatever engineer thought of that should be fired. Can’t even see you phones either. Looks like it was built for first generation iPhones. Lol.
My iPhone 15 Pro Max doesn’t charge with the built in Lucid charger, even without a case. Service center looked into it during recent visit and claimed it was working as designed but might not with every phone.

Attachments

• IMG_4113.jpeg
    IMG_4113.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 66
The current wireless pad was originally designed based off the iPhone 12 I think?

All wireless charging pads in every car on earth suck. There. I said it.

Some are better than others. But none is what I would consider perfect. Not because people haven't tried. But because there are just too many form factors, cases, and on and on to consider.

We'll see in a few weeks what Gravity has for charging. I'm willing to bet quite a bit that it won't be the same as what the Air has.

Ah ok and by the way…. just like you should not be looking at the multiple displays on cars now and days. Lucid you have to look in the middle, below the middle, etc to do anything like change a station, operate the Nav, look at the Nav, change a seat setting, turn on a heated seated, etc…. That is even more dangerous than glancing at a phone. lol

If you think the wireless charging is good on this car and modern, then you need to go glance at a couple other cars to see how it is really done! 😀
I really don't why Lucid didn't incorporate more controls into the steering wheel and the left hand stalk? Maybe next time.

All wireless charging pads in every car on earth suck. There. I said it.

Some are better than others. But none is what I would consider perfect. Not because people haven't tried. But because there are just too many form factors, cases, and on and on to consider.

We'll see in a few weeks what Gravity has for charging. I'm willing to bet quite a bit that it won't be the same as what the Air has.

They absolutely ALL suck. I don’t know why anybody bothers with them. About the best they seem to do is lower the rate at which your battery drains. Many can’t even maintain your current battery charge level never mind increase it.

As for the fancy-shmansy add-on offered by TWARPS or whatever they’re called, my buying one of those would just remind me too much of my early days of Tesla ownership. Our first Tesla, a 2017-build Model S, was lacking in so many simple convenience features, many of which could be found in a Kia Rio, that every week, I was searching feverishly online for some after-market gew-gaw that would make the Model S just a little more occupant-friendly - cupholders, chargers, phone mounts, coat hooks, ersatz-grab handles, frunk and trunk organisers, whatever…it was just dumb, to have to spend even more money on crap that the car should have already come with.

After that experience with our Model S and later our Model Xs, I said to myself, “no more”. I resolved to hold out for an EV that already came with everything I wanted and needed. My Air GT as is, comes closest to that.

Sorry. Something about this discussion must have set me off. Rant over.

They absolutely ALL suck. I don’t know why anybody bothers with them. About the best they seem to do is lower the rate at which your battery drains. Many can’t even maintain your current battery charge level never mind increase it.

As for the fancy-shmansy add-on offered by TWARPS or whatever they’re called, my buying one of those would just remind me too much of my early days of Tesla ownership. Our first Tesla, a 2017-build Model S, was lacking in so many simple convenience features, many of which could be found in a Kia Rio, that every week, I was searching feverishly online for some after-market gew-gaw that would make the Model S just a little more occupant-friendly - cupholders, chargers, phone mounts, coat hooks, ersatz-grab handles, frunk and trunk organisers, whatever…it was just dumb, to have to spend even more money on crap that the car should have already come with.

After that experience with our Model S and later our Model Xs, I said to myself, “no more”. I resolved to hold out for an EV that already came with everything I wanted and needed. My Air GT as is, comes closest to that.

Haha - that is so true. Although, the refresh Model S got the wireless charging and ease of phone placement on it right this time. Guess it took a lot of years to get it right! Lol

You’re right, it’s much better to stay annoyed and miserable every time you get in the car and are reminded you can’t charge using their charger. :p

Sound like you want and EV that have the Sun, the Moon, and entire Milky Way galaxy included as features.

A car is a very personal space. Everyone interacts the car differently. One founds wireless charging is great, while other finds wireless charging is too slow and rather use wire charging.

Sound like you want and EV that have the Sun, the Moon, and entire Milky Way galaxy included as features.

A car is a very personal space. Everyone interacts the car differently. One founds wireless charging is great, while other finds wireless charging is too slow and rather use wire charging.
For the record, my iPhone 15 pro charges completely without issue in my DE. I suppose I’m lucky in that the MagSafe puck is in the right place.

That said, I bought the twraps charger and never looked back, because it’s just better, lol

Reactions: DBV
For the record, my iPhone 15 pro charges completely without issue in my DE. I suppose I’m lucky in that the MagSafe puck is in the right place.

That said, I bought the twraps charger and never looked back, because it’s just better, lol
I also have a TWraps dual wireless charger. It looks great and works great.

Reactions: DBV

Agree 100%. The charger worked perfect for my Iphone 15 Pro. However, my wife always fought with the chords to charge her phone. And the chords were always unorganized., which kind of bothers me a bit. So when I saw the TWRAPS dual charger option, I bought it. Wow, it looks and works nicer than I expected. Everything is clean and perfect. The old chords sit inside the compartment just in case.

The Air's USB-c port charges our phones so quickly that we just juggle a single cable while on long trips.

Are you one of those guys like my youngest son whose phone is always on the verge of going battery dead? 😄
This reminds me of my daughters as well. Now it makes me wonder, once those kids grow up and will be allowed to drive, how are they going to remember to charge their cars before leaving home. 🤣

This reminds me of my daughters as well. Now it makes me wonder, once those kids grow up and will be allowed to drive, how are they going to remember to charge their cars before leaving home. 🤣
My girlfriend is one of those people and she drives a Tesla...thankfully we both work from home but I have had to bail her out a couple times and allow her to use my car for the day. She has no excuse either, we have 2 Nema 14-50s in the garage. Oh and when she does charge, its because she has to go into the office but she doesn't schedule her car (even though I have reminded her numerous times, electricity is worth its weight in gold in AZ). So she charges during peak. Guess its probably cheaper than gas still.

My girlfriend is one of those people and she drives a Tesla...thankfully we both work from home but I have had to bail her out a couple times and allow her to use my car for the day. She has no excuse either, we have 2 Nema 14-50s in the garage. Oh and when she does charge, its because she has to go into the office but she doesn't schedule her car (even though I have reminded her numerous times, electricity is worth its weight in gold in AZ). So she charges during peak. Guess its probably cheaper than gas still.
I feel your pain. Maybe you should not bail her out a few times and she will relearn her habits quickly. 🤣

You sound like the ideal candidate for V2V...

Trying to figure out if the EZ Spare linked in OP works for 19" wheels (vs the 20" they make on site). Can't seem to get a clear answer - has anyone with 19" used?

Back