Spare tire

It’s not silly. I didn’t. I did not realize that there were caps, so a huge embarrassment when the tow truck driver asked me the same question. My PSA (public service announcement) to help others on here is now a PSA (public show of asinineness). Ugh.
:)

Does anyone have a photo of the smaller donut spare in their frunk?

Attachments

• EZ Spare in Frunk.jpg
    EZ Spare in Frunk.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 170
  • EZ Spare sits under Frunk cover.jpg
    EZ Spare sits under Frunk cover.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 159
Here you go.
Hmm .. I received my Ez-spare set yesterday (as promised by Ginny). When I went to test everything out today, I realized that my tire doesn't fit in my frunk?? How did you make it fit? I ordered the 20" wheel .. is yours a 19" ?

Since a photo is worth 1000 words, I'm attaching photos of my order from Ez-Spare (which included the jack and wrench). I'm also attaching a photo of the Lug Cap Removal Tool [Example Of one here] mentioned in various posts to show how to use it (but was not part of my order from Ez-Spare).

Attachments

• IMG_5224.JPEG
    IMG_5224.JPEG
    205.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5223.JPEG
    IMG_5223.JPEG
    299.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5221.JPEG
    IMG_5221.JPEG
    391.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_5220.JPEG
    IMG_5220.JPEG
    283.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_5218.JPEG
    IMG_5218.JPEG
    433 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_5210.JPEG
    IMG_5210.JPEG
    126.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5207.JPEG
    IMG_5207.JPEG
    160.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_5206.JPEG
    IMG_5206.JPEG
    340.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_5201.JPEG
    IMG_5201.JPEG
    238.1 KB · Views: 151
Hmm .. I received my Ez-spare set yesterday (as promised by Ginny). When I went to test everything out today, I realized that my tire doesn't fit in my frunk?? How did you make it fit? I ordered the 20" wheel .. is yours a 19" ?

Since a photo is worth 1000 words, I'm attaching photos of my order from Ez-Spare (which included the jack and wrench). I'm also attaching a photo of the Lug Cap Removal Tool [Example Of one here] mentioned in various posts to show how to use it (but was not part of my order from Ez-Spare).
I'm interested in this. I want to order the size that will fit in the drunk and can be hidden by the frunk cover.

I'm interested in this. I want to order the size that will fit in the drunk and can be hidden by the frunk cover.
I thought I had ... even though I have the 21" wheels, there's only one option on the EZ-Spare website (20") .. which is what I got ... but there is NO way that the tire I received fits in the frunk .. especially not inside the frunk well. (I attached a photo of the packing list for reference). Not crazy about taking over 35% of my trunk ... ugh!

I'm guessing that folks that ordered earlier got a 19" wheel and it may have fit (?) .. but that's just a guess.

Measure the diameter of the wheel and the frunk? Might have to place from the top at a 10 to 15 degree angle?

Measure the diameter of the wheel and the frunk? Might have to place from the top at a 10 to 15 degree angle?
Ok ... I'm an idiot ... I'll admit that it was drizzling before and I rushed the "fit" .. but that is no excuse.

The tire fit in the frunk just fine .. sorry for the mis-direction ... see attached photos!

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 152
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 154
To be honest, I don't know why Lucid doesn't offer this as an option at time of purchase. If you're out on a road trip, good luck quickly finding a replacement tire ... especially if you are stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. At least this tire will let you get safely on your way to a hotel / tire store. Does Lucid towing service cover you if you need to be towed for a flat tire?

Is the consensus still that a 2x4 or similar is required under EZSpare's car jack? Or is it under the flat tire?

Last edited:
Ok ... I'm an idiot ... I'll admit that it was drizzling before and I rushed the "fit" .. but that is no excuse.

The tire fit in the frunk just fine .. sorry for the mis-direction ... see attached photos!
Measure min height of jack and of a flat tire to see you still can get under car. I have s small a 3/4" thick wood to drive up on for clesrnce.

Measure min height of jack and of a flat tire to see you still can get under car. I have s small a 3/4" thick wood to drive up on for clesrnce.
I'll have to look again, but that is one of the reasons I bought their 2.5T jack. .. I believe it is low enough to fit w/ a flat tire (I took the photo above to show how much room I had w/ an inflated tire, but doesn't give a good representation of a flat)

To be honest, I don't know why Lucid doesn't offer this as an option at time of purchase. If you're out on a road trip, good luck quickly finding a replacement tire ... especially if you are stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. At least this tire will let you get safely on your way to a hotel / tire store. Does Lucid towing service cover you if you need to be towed for a flat tire?
I have been in contact with Modern Spare, and they have informed me that I need the Tesla Model S tire kit for my Lucid and the 19-inch wheel. It is NOT a space saving tire and will not fit in the frunk.

Just saw your post. Glad you figured it out. I should've told you to angle the front of the tire into the front of the Frick. Sorry. Also, I have found the jack works just fine with out wood but I carry a small 2x4 anyway just incase the ground is soggy. I don't want the car to press the jack down into the mud.

Is the consensus still that a 2x4 or similar is required under EZSpare's car jack? Or is it under the flat tire?
I believe it's to be under the flat tire so that there's sufficient clearance for the jack.

That is correct for some of the different jacks out there. I did not find that to be the case with the Ez Tire jack, however, Bel did. I am not sure which size wheel Bel has, but I have 19 inches. Also, I believe that Ez Tire has changed the type of jack they are shipping now because the jack I received recently from them seems to be a better grade than what earlier Forum members received. Now, given all this, since there is some controversy here, I would take everything you read with a grain of salt. If in doubt, contact Ez Tire. I found the lady who is the CEO very responsive and honest.

Can someone whose EZ Spare has been made to fit in their frunk measure your frunk and also please measure your EZ Spare?? My EZ Spare will not fit at all (even with angling). Ginny confirmed I have the correct one, which is the 20" rim and 26.9" including the tire. My frunk is 25" at the widest point at the base so clearly no amount of angling will make it fit (and opening at top is only 21"). Possible explanations are my Lucid has an abnormally small frunk, and/or the EZ spare tire size has changed... would like to figure out which it is before going back to Ginny.

Can someone whose EZ Spare has been made to fit in their frunk measure your frunk and also please measure your EZ Spare?? My EZ Spare will not fit at all (even with angling). Ginny confirmed I have the correct one, which is the 20" rim and 26.9" including the tire. My frunk is 25" at the widest point at the base so clearly no amount of angling will make it fit (and opening at top is only 21"). Possible explanations are my Lucid has an abnormally small frunk, and/or the EZ spare tire size has changed... would like to figure out which it is before going back to Ginny.
So you've angled the bottom of the spare toward the front and it still won't fit?

Back