Spare tire

2- I believe these spares will fit all Air wheels (19, 20, and 21 inches) but just want confirmation from the experts here.
Note, they have their own rims (rim + tire), so it is not that they "fit all wheels", but that they are a complete wheel in and of themselves.

Note, they have their own rims (rim + tire), so it is not that they "fit all wheels", but that they are a complete wheel in and of themselves.
I’m kind of illiterate on this, so please excuse the stupid question:
I know @hydbob tried this spare on his car and had no problem. But his is 21 inch and I'm planning to have 20 inch. Would I have any problem using the same spare?

I’m kind of illiterate on this, so please excuse the stupid question:
I know @hydbob tried this spare on his car and had no problem. But his is 21 inch and I'm planning to have 20 inch. Would I have any problem using the same spare?
I hope someone corrects me on this if I'm wrong, but imagine your car needs to be 3 inches off the ground. The 21" rims plus the tire will achieve this goal. The 19" rims plus the tire achieves the same goal, but the rim is smaller and the tire bigger to achieve the same purpose. The spare is the same where the rim is even smaller but is equipped with a tire with a higher sidewall. No matter what tire combo you used your car roughly stays 3 inches off the ground.

I hope someone corrects me on this if I'm wrong, but imagine your car needs to be 3 inches off the ground. The 21" rims plus the tire will achieve this goal. The 19" rims plus the tire achieves the same goal, but the rim is smaller and the tire bigger to achieve the same purpose. The spare is the same where the rim is even smaller but is equipped with a tire with a higher sidewall. No matter what tire combo you used your car roughly stays 3 inches off the ground.
Your reasoning makes sense to me.
So is it correct then to assume that the diameter for the 21 inch rim plus the tire is the same with the 20 inch plus the tire, which is the same with the spare rim plus the tire?
Which leads to the question: the larger version, which EZSparetire reportedly has stopped carrying and doesn’t fit in the frunk, has a larger diameter? If so, it’d not fit the Air, right?

Your reasoning makes sense to me.
So is it correct then to assume that the diameter for the 21 inch rim plus the tire is the same with the 20 inch plus the tire, which is the same with the spare rim plus the tire?
Which leads to the question: the larger version, which EZSparetire reportedly has stopped carrying and doesn’t fit in the frunk, has a larger diameter? If so, it’d not fit the Air, right?
From what Ginny told me, there is a certain % allowance when it comes to the spares. So for the smaller tire it came within spec as a -% and the bigger tire was within spec as a +%.

From what Ginny told me, there is a certain % allowance when it comes to the spares. So for the smaller tire it came within spec as a -% and the bigger tire was within spec as a +%.
As interesting is that the 19" & 21" wheels are almost the same diameter... e.g. see

That is what she told me as well when I started all this. She actually sent me a few options along with all the measurement details. She also contacted Lucid when I first asked her about this to get the correct measurements.

When it was found that the smaller tire would fit in the frunk, she stopped offering the larger one as an option.

Remember, this is a spare and not intended for long term use.

Just checked the pressure in the spare.
It's gone down from 60 to 45 psi.
Probably due to the weather change even though it's been in the garage. Or Ginny's rubber valve stem?
Is your spare tire holding the pressure?

Dumb question, does the tire come with everything you need besides the jack and lug wrench? For example, does it need a spacer, hub adapter, specific bolts, etc?

Dumb question, does the tire come with everything you need besides the jack and lug wrench? For example, does it need a spacer, hub adapter, specific bolts, etc?
Anyone? Thanks. I'm ordering this and holding off until I know what needs to be ordered.

Anyone? Thanks. I'm ordering this and holding off until I know what needs to be ordered.
I don't know the answer, but when I received mine I asked for a jack and lug wrench and I tested everything seemed ok.

Was the hub for the spare the correct 64.1mm? I guess that's my biggest concern.
I have no idea besides putting the tire on and driving on it for a couple miles.

I have no idea besides putting the tire on and driving on it for a couple miles.
The question really is "Was there any play of the new wheel on the hub before putting the wheel nuts/bolts on." I can't imagine it doesn't come with the right hub centric spacer, but weirder things have happened.

Agreed.
I did let her know that she has a few Lucid owner fans
Got an update .. the wheels are in and being shipped in the order they were received. As a point of reference, mine (ordered on 11/5) should ship out by 12/6.

Alrighty, just read about 8 pages about spare tire. Below is my shopping list.

EZSpare wheel . fit in the frunk. the 20" alloy spare can be used for any trim? 19" 20" 21"
Electric jack + impact wrench for lifting and changing the tires
Lucid tire repair kit would this still be needed if I got the spare wheel? perhaps if my tire keeps slowly deflating then this would be enough
lug nut remover just in case it gets stuck
hazard triangle + vest . for visibility

Let me know if I'm missing anything or there's a better alternative

Alrighty, just read about 8 pages about spare tire. Below is my shopping list.

EZSpare wheel . fit in the frunk. the 20" alloy spare can be used for any trim? 19" 20" 21"
Electric jack + impact wrench for lifting and changing the tires
Lucid tire repair kit would this still be needed if I got the spare wheel? perhaps if my tire keeps slowly deflating then this would be enough
lug nut remover just in case it gets stuck
hazard triangle + vest . for visibility

Let me know if I'm missing anything or there's a better alternative
The tire repair kit is used if you get a nail/screw in your tire - it seals the small area of leak. The spare is for a blowout.

The repair kit can be used as an inflator for when your tires need some air from regular use. Some of us have also bought cordless inflators so as to not have to plug in to the 12V outlet.

Used mine last night in fact, as my tires had apparently all dropped to 38 psi.

I'd have a breaker bar and not just rely on the impact wrench. Those cheap ones may not be able to break away the lugs even thought they say they will.

Back