Spare tire

A couple of comments as I too wait for delivery of the EZ spare. One is that my 3 ton scissor jack requires 4" of clearance under the jack point, which means that I will probably have to use a jack point nearest an inflated tire, not the flat, for clearance with normally inflated tires, is 5" and clearance near the flat tire will probably be less than 4". I have the 12v plug-in air pump and flat fixer substance that it comes with but the cord only reaches the passenger side tires and the rear driver's side tire. I would have to remove the driver's front tire if punctured to try to reinflate it. Or, try to get an extension for 12v plug-in cord.
Keep a piece of wood/plywood in car and drive the flate tire wheel on it.

A couple of comments as I too wait for delivery of the EZ spare. One is that my 3 ton scissor jack requires 4" of clearance under the jack point, which means that I will probably have to use a jack point nearest an inflated tire, not the flat, for clearance with normally inflated tires, is 5" and clearance near the flat tire will probably be less than 4". I have the 12v plug-in air pump and flat fixer substance that it comes with but the cord only reaches the passenger side tires and the rear driver's side tire. I would have to remove the driver's front tire if punctured to try to reinflate it. Or, try to get an extension for 12v plug-in cord.
I have found that if I run the cord from the 12 V socket in the truck through the inside of the car and out the driver side door, I can bearly reach the front tire to pump it up. It is tight, but it can be done. If you have not tried that yet, do so and see if you can make your cord reach.

I have found that if I run the cord from the 12 V socket in the truck through the inside of the car and out the driver side door, I can bearly reach the front tire to pump it up. It is tight, but it can be done. If you have not tried that yet, do so and see if you can make your cord reach.
The Lucid supplied inflator can reach all 4 tires from the back.
20220924_075012.jpg

The Lucid supplied inflator can reach all 4 tires from the back.
View attachment 5863
Hey, that is great. You are lucky. I must have a shorter cord with my Lucid inflator because I can not run it outside the rear tire and have it reach. I am envirous of your yours. This must be what is called "inflator envy". 😆 I have to run it through the inside of the car to make it reach.

Keep a piece of wood/plywood in car and drive the flate tire wheel on it.
Excellent idea. Maybe a two-foot-long 2x6.

Reactions: Bel
Hey, that is great. You are lucky. I must have a shorter cord with my Lucid inflator because I can not run it outside the rear tire and have it reach. I am envirous of your yours. This must be what is called "inflator envy". 😆 I have to run it through the inside of the car to make it reach.
Return/exchange it if you bought through the Lucid store. I just checked mine and it's like @hydbob - it's at max extension but it reaches the front driver tire.

Return/exchange it if you bought through the Lucid store. I just checked mine and it's like @hydbob - it's at max extension but it reaches the front driver tire.
Thanks for your suggestion. However, it reaches if run through the inside of the car to the front door and then to the tire.

Here are a couple of pictures of the EZ spare tire placed in the frunk of my Lucid AGT. The tire comes with a carrying case, which I have unzipped so you can see the tire. As shown, it fills the deepest part of the frunk while the frunk cover fits perfectly over it so that you still are able to place things into it without impacting the spare tire. For those of you waiting until the backlog of tires arrives, be patient as the ship carrying them is supposed to arrive by the end of this month. For those of you wishing to have a spare, just in case the Lucid air pump can't inflate your flat tire due to a blowout or a bulging sidewall, I strongly recommend that you consider this option because you will be sleeping better at night if you are planning on taking a long trip

Attachments

• EZ Spare in Frunk.jpg
    EZ Spare in Frunk.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 92
  • EZ Spare sits under Frunk cover.jpg
    EZ Spare sits under Frunk cover.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 100
So, I thought the inflator I got with my Tesla was the same model Lucid sells as it looks identical, so I kept it. The only difference I could see was that the tire sealant canister for Lucid offers a higher rate of speed (so I bought it separately). But, it seems the Tesla version has a shorter cord that doesn't reach all 4 tires. I will try this solution, but I'm going to call it cord envy in the meantime.

• Haha
Reactions: DJL
4x4 works best. Does not need to be long.
I would recommend 2 2x4s, 12 inches long. Then place the bottom one next to the front of the tire and the top one two inches forward of the tire. Then drive the car forward until it rests on both pieces of wood. Doing so lifts the tire up on to the wood in a two step method without pushing the wood forward.

Lucid inflator is back in stock now. Just ordered one.

Honest question: how do we know the spare tire can handle the weight of the car?
After I got mine, I installed it and drove around for a mile or two to test it.

Honest question: how do we know the spare tire can handle the weight of the car?

I would recommend 2 2x4s, 12 inches long. Then place the bottom one next to the front of the tire and the top one two inches forward of the tire. Then drive the car forward until it rests on both pieces of wood. Doing so lifts the tire up on to the wood in a two step method without pushing the wood forward.
I cut up a 13.5"x9" and 1" thick plank and with one of the short ends at 45 deg angle for ease of driving up. Fits good for 19 " wheel.

So, I thought the inflator I got with my Tesla was the same model Lucid sells as it looks identical, so I kept it. The only difference I could see was that the tire sealant canister for Lucid offers a higher rate of speed (so I bought it separately). But, it seems the Tesla version has a shorter cord that doesn't reach all 4 tires. I will try this solution, but I'm going to call it cord envy in the meantime.

I cut up a 13.5"x9" and 1" thick plank and with one of the short ends at 45 deg angle for ease of driving up. Fits good for 19 " wheel.
That works! But is 1 inch enough?

I just bought something similar today. Have you tried them out yet?
Yes, more than one worked and fine. I bought the set since i wasnt sure what type would work or rather which one would give fhe best grip and pull. I actually think all of them would work... but some are just easier to use.

Back