Spare tire

Can you post a photo?

Sure.its cedar painted white. I actually happened to have this left over from house repairs.
Can you post a photo?
Thanks.

1667690629820.png
1667690630315.png

Can you post a photo?
Thanks.
Sure... it actually cedar painted white. Happened to have this from house repaird.

Sure.its cedar painted white. I actually happened to have this left over from house repairs.
Thanks. Looks nice.
Now I have to figure out how to do angle cut on my table saw!
Do you drive the flat tire onto the wood? Or is it the good tire on the same side?

Thanks. Looks nice.
Now I have to figure out how to do angle cut on my table saw!
Do you drive the flat tire onto the wood? Or is it the good tire on the same side?
I didnt have a flat, but think my setup will work. My jack is less than 0.5" taller than the one that you can buy from ez spare, so the 1" plank should be good. Bought and received a full lucid spare wheel to keep in the garage since the tire seems to be unusual. Ive also ordered an ez spare to keep in the car but its on back order. When i get the ez, Ill test mount and see so everthing works. Perhaps im overkill on the spare situation since you hardly get flats nowadays but is ok.

Well since I'm still youngish I used the manual jack that EZ spare provided me. Only 1 wheel like normal 😁
Did you buy the EZ Spare jack on their website [ "Tire Changing Kit (Car)" ] ?
I noticed others buying a different Jack .. Was the height on the EZ Spare one low enough w/ a flat tire ?

Yes, i think so. I got this 3 ton jack and measured.

And i bought these for the lug nut caps. Dont need all of these in the set by far, but thought it was easiest to by the most complete set since it was only $12.

Is there a reason that you didn't buy the EZ Spare jack on their website [ "Tire Changing Kit (Car)" ]?

I didnt have a flat, but think my setup will work. My jack is less than 0.5" taller than the one that you can buy from ez spare, so the 1" plank should be good. Bought and received a full lucid spare wheel to keep in the garage since the tire seems to be unusual. Ive also ordered an ez spare to keep in the car but its on back order. When i get the ez, Ill test mount and see so everthing works. Perhaps im overkill on the spare situation since you hardly get flats nowadays but is ok.
Actually, it's been my practice to have a full size spare for my road trip ICE.
The problem with EVs is space is tight and a full size either doesn't fit or wouldn't allow much luggage.

Is there a reason that you didn't buy the EZ Spare jack on their website [ "Tire Changing Kit (Car)" ]?
I found it was identical to one on amazon (i believe from @hydbob) and on amazon it got poor reviews (surprisingly many poor reviews) like poor quality, unstable, broke (but dont think any car fell down), etc. So i wanted a better one and more robust. 3.0 ton is overkill for one corner of the lucid but good to have, and doesnt "cost any extra" on a rainy dark night at the road replacing a tire.

I found it was identical to one on amazon (i believe from @hydbob) and on amazon it got poor reviews (surprisingly many poor reviews) like poor quality, unstable, broke (but dont think any car fell down), etc. So i wanted a better one and more robust. 3.0 ton is overkill for one corner of the lucid but good to have, and doesnt "cost any extra" on a rainy dark night at the road replacing a tire.
Thanks... I did notice that EZ Spare has 2 jacks .. 1 is labeled "Car" and the other "SUV". The SUV one is 3T and looks very similar to the one on Amazon ..

Actually, it's been my practice to have a full size spare for my road trip ICE.
The problem with EVs is space is tight and a full size either doesn't fit or wouldn't allow much luggage.
Yes, agree. The 19" fits in the trunk and ill bring it on long trips and put the ez spare in the garage. And use whatever is left of the trunk and all of the frunk for baggage. Perhaps some bags in the back seat if needed.

Thanks... I did notice that EZ Spare has 2 jacks .. 1 is labeled "Car" and the other "SUV". The SUV one is 3T and looks very similar to the one on Amazon ..
This is the one @hydbob posted in april and that ez sent to him with his spare. I think he was the first and one that found out about ez spare. I didnt like some of reviews this jack got on smsxon (at the time). Do i went with the 3.0 ton instesd i posted sbove.

Yes, agree. The 19" fits in the trunk and ill bring it on long trips and put the ez spare in the garage. And use whatever is left of the trunk and all of the frunk for baggage. Perhaps some bags in the back seat if needed.
Did you look into buying a non OEM wheel, assuming one is available?

Did you look into buying a non OEM wheel, assuming one is available?
I bought rim, tire, mounted, and balancing from lucid. Since lucid is so new i didnt want to be "risky". The full lucid space was ~$1100 that included mounting tire and balancing. Tire alone was ~$350 and was included in the 1100.

Keep a piece of wood/plywood in car and drive the flate tire wheel on it.
Race Ramps makes a variety of ramps that would work well for this. Their scale ramps are 14" x 12" and provide 2 1/2" of lift. 1500lbs max load. They are expensive - $216 for a pack of 4. But they weigh next to nothing. I have a larger set for loading a race car into a trailer.

Race Ramps

Quick update on availability of EZ Spare tires.
Got an email from Ginny Nye letting me know that she expects the container to arrive by 11/20 and she plans on shipping all backorders by 11/29.

She really is a pleasure to deal with. I have two of her spares, one in my Lucid and one in my 1973 Mustang.

She really is a pleasure to deal with. I have two of her spares, one in my Lucid and one in my 1973 Mustang.
Agreed.
I did let her know that she has a few Lucid owner fans

I'm a bit unsure and would really appreciate some clarification.
1- I seem to recall that Ginny at EZSpare carries two different sizes, one small enough for the frunk, and the other much larger.
Can someone please post the part number for the small tire?
2- I believe these spares will fit all Air wheels (19, 20, and 21 inches) but just want confirmation from the experts here.
Thanks.

I think they stopped listing the larger one for the Lucid and are now only shipping the smaller one.

Back