Spare tire

If the flat is not a blowout but a nail or similar puncture, the LUCID tire inflator and sealer will save the day and your back

Folks had mentioned that the EZSpare fits in the frunk, I wanted to post pics of it doing so quite well for all those thinking about buying it. The lug nuts it comes with also fit into the bag easily when placed in the wheel well. (thanks to @CLTGT for the discount once again!). Also others had mentioned that they were going to use a large trash bag to contain the tire that goes flat. Mine came in a very nice bag with handles that looks to be sufficient to hold a flat tire. Not sure if this is something that is new to EZSpare since the others got it, but maybe the trash bag isn't needed? As for the jack and the posts about needing a wooden plank, I have found a bottle jack that may solve that issue better than the one EZSpare recommends. I will update when it arrives. Thanks to all once again.
Is that the 17" or 20" EZSpare? IIRC, you have 21" wheels?

Does the car comes with a jack and tools? What about a spare tire? Where is stored or where will you store it?

Is that the 17" or 20" EZSpare? IIRC, you have 21" wheels?
I have to 21", it is the 20" EzSpare

Does the car comes with a jack and tools? What about a spare tire? Where is stored or where will you store it?
No, hence the need to buy the EZSpare. Storing it in the frunk as my pics show.... As for the jack, I am trying to see if a bottle jack from a particular manufacturer will fit under the car as it has a very low clearance (5.5").

I have to 21", it is the 20" EzSpare

No, hence the need to buy the EZSpare. Storing it in the frunk as my pics show.... As for the jack, I am trying to see if a bottle jack from a particular manufacturer will fit under the car as it has a very low clearance (5.5").
You need to measure clearance with the tire flat. Don’t buy a bottle jack that fits only when the tire is inflated.

I found this electric car jack on Amazon. I think this might work, what do you think ??

It's too tall. The ground clearance is only about 4.75".

This is the jack I got. It barely fits normally, but didn't fit when I had my blowout. However, the Lucid tech told me the frame is so rigid that you can jack it up by the rear wheel and the whole side will lift up. Hopefully I never need to try that...

E-HEELP Electric Car Jack 3 Ton 12V Scissor Car Jack Electric with Impact Wrench Electric Car Jack Kit for Car SUV Sedan Tire Changing https://a.co/d/89jmNei

This is the jack I got. It barely fits normally, but didn't fit when I had my blowout. However, the Lucid tech told me the frame is so rigid that you can jack it up by the rear wheel and the whole side will lift up. Hopefully I never need to try that...

E-HEELP Electric Car Jack 3 Ton 12V Scissor Car Jack Electric with Impact Wrench Electric Car Jack Kit for Car SUV Sedan Tire Changing https://a.co/d/89jmNei
Get two jacks, lol. One to raise the rear, then a second for the front, then remove the rear? :p

Like that. Will definitely get it! Thanks

I have doubts about placing the jack next to a rear wheel to change a front flat tire.

Members of this forum have changed tires. I would like to hear from them. When you jacked up your car, did both wheels come off the ground or only the one close to the jack?

I have doubts about placing the jack next to a rear wheel to change a front flat tire.

Members of this forum have changed tires. I would like to hear from them. When you jacked up your car, did both wheels come off the ground or only the one close to the jack?
Well since I'm still youngish I used the manual jack that EZ spare provided me. Only 1 wheel like normal 😁

The 4.75" is the normal ground clearance? So with a flat, would need a jack that fits under maybe 4.25"? That's not a lot of space. I was looking at this jack, but it needs 4.72" of clearance, so guessing it wouldn't fit with a flat?

The EZSpare jack looks like it has a minimum height of 4.1" and was used succesfully by at least one person (thanks, @hydbob ), so might have to go with a manual jack like this one?

So I finally took the tire to a local Pirelli dealer. The guy pulled up the warranty info and apparently 'Road Hazard' damage (ie blowouts, etc) are only covered for run flats, so he said that the tire wouldn't be covered. :(

Has anyone else that had a blowout have any success with a warranty claim? If so, how did you do it?
Did you ever get around with the warranty? I just had my 19" Pirelli PZero 245/45 literally blowout on the Interstate yesterday. I was shocked to see how crazily it had blownout such that there was barely any signs of a tire being there around the rim. The rim was perfectly intact and was used even for the new tire placed on it. Only 650 miles on this tire and we actually didn't even feel like we hit anything on the highway. And we've had plenty of incidents with nails and screws in our tires etc

Did you ever get around with the warranty? I just had my 19" Pirelli PZero 245/45 literally blowout on the Interstate yesterday. I was shocked to see how crazily it had blownout such that there was barely any signs of a tire being there around the rim. The rim was perfectly intact and was used even for the new tire placed on it. Only 650 miles on this tire and we actually didn't even feel like we hit anything on the highway. And we've had plenty of incidents with nails and screws in our tires etc
No, the warranty is pretty explicit about not covering road hazard damage, so I gave up. If yours blew out without hitting anything, then you should definitely try to get it covered under warranty. You can try Lucid, but I had to take it to an authorized Pirelli dealer.

No, the warranty is pretty explicit about not covering road hazard damage, so I gave up. If yours blew out without hitting anything, then you should definitely try to get it covered under warranty. You can try Lucid, but I had to take it to an authorized Pirelli dealer.
Uh, Pirelli tires with the PNCS foam (which Lucid’s are) should be covered: https://m.tirerack.com/images/pdf/warranty/PI0921.pdf

Hmm. I wonder if they updated their warranty? I remember seeing that only run flats were covered.
Indeed they have. This is the warranty when I looked in June after my blowout.
SmartSelect_20221002_113052_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

You could try Lucid, especially if they helped you change the tire. Otherwise, you'll need to go through your local Pirelli authorized retailer, which you can find on the Pirelli US website

Back