Spare tire

Bummer ...why didn't you call road side service / AAA? They should have had the appropriate socket to swap the tire vs having to be towed to the service center.
I did but the wait time was the same for a truck to come out and tow vs a truck to come out and change the tire. Plus, the tow was covered by Lucid. I would have changed the tire if I was not able to ride in the tow truck with my car
So the spare kit was fine?
Yes

It’s not silly. I didn’t. I did not realize that there were caps, so a huge embarrassment when the tow truck driver asked me the same question. My PSA (public service announcement) to help others on here is now a PSA (public show of asinineness). Ugh.
Don’t feel bad. Many individuals most likely have made the same mistake. Feel confident you have saved many forum members from a similar memory.

I carry a breaker bar with deep well socket to fit my lug nuts on my Tesla. When I had my first blow out, I crushed a lug cap with my deep well socket. Luckily, I was in town and the wife brought me the proper size socket to fit the nuts under the cap. Had to order replacement caps from Amazon to replace the cap I ruined with my breaker bar.

Welcome to the club.

I have a question for everyone who has used the jack recommended previously in this forum. An image is attached.

@hydbob stated this jack is very similar to the one provided by EZ-Spare. The top of the jack has a deep groove to attach to a vertical flange on the under surface of the car. This does not seem the best design to use with the small flat jack plate on the Lucid.

Is this jack available with a flat rubber coated surface or is this the only choice?

Attachments

• 189C1CFD-3CCE-4636-9A5A-2D0D9202877E.png
    189C1CFD-3CCE-4636-9A5A-2D0D9202877E.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 168
I have a question for everyone who has used the jack recommended previously in this forum. An image is attached.

@hydbob stated this jack is very similar to the one provided by EZ-Spare. The top of the jack has a deep groove to attach to a vertical flange on the under surface of the car. This does not seem the best design to use with the small flat jack plate on the Lucid.

Is this jack available with a flat rubber coated surface or is this the only choice?
I hope I've been the only one to use it. There are 2 holes where the mounting points are for the Lucid even though it appears flat. I was able to get those holes to line up with the jack. Not sure if that was intended.

For anyone interested, my front tire was $400. Total for the tire replacement was $535 with labor and tax. They changed my Key fob battery without asking.

For those in the LA area, the Torrance service center is in my opinion better than the Beverly Hills location. They have longer service hours (unfortunately, the city of BH limits work hours for automobile service) and they have snacks (The BH location only has beverages).

For anyone interested, my front tire was $400. Total for the tire replacement was $535 with labor and tax. They changed my Key fob battery without asking.

For those in the LA area, the Torrance service center is in my opinion better than the Beverly Hills location. They have longer service hours (unfortunately, the city of BH limits work hours for automobile service) and they have snacks (The BH location only has beverages).
What was "included" in the extra $135? Tax is about $35 in LA area on the tire, must also be a disposal fee. $100 seems like a lot to mount and balance. Did you have to pay for the tow? Isn't some sort of roadside service included for 4 years?

What was "included" in the extra $135? Tax is about $35 in LA area on the tire, must also be a disposal fee. $100 seems like a lot to mount and balance. Did you have to pay for the tow? Isn't some sort of roadside service included for 4 years?
Labor was $95. Tax in Torrance is 9.5%, so the $535 was what I recalled off the top of my head. The actual charge was $530.50

Labor was $95. Tax in Torrance is 9.5%, so the $535 was what I recalled off the top of my head. The actual charge was $530.50
Thank you for that info. Do all flats in the 21's require a new tire, or did you have one that could not be repaired?

I’m sitting on the side of the road with a flat. I ran over a pothole with the right front tire and about 20 minutes later, my tire pressure sensor went off. I was able to pull over into a gas station to swap my EZ Spare onto the car. I jacked up the car only to discover that the socket wrench heads included with the jack are too SMALL for the lug nuts on the 21” tires. Ugh!! Please learn from my experience and get the appropriately sized wrench head. I’ll keep you updated as I wait for a tow to the nearest service center (Torrance)

If you get a nail, it should be able to be repaired. Both @BuddhaDada13 and I had blowouts, so there's no saving those tires.
Nope. Because of the foam inside the tires, Lucid and Pirelli technically will not repair any of the tires if you get a nail. You can find a shop that will, but it is no longer technically within warranty. That said, they come with a 1 year road hazard warranty from Pirelli, so there isn't really a reason to; Lucid will replace it and ship them to Pirelli for warranty.

Nope. Because of the foam inside the tires, Lucid and Pirelli technically will not repair any of the tires if you get a nail. You can find a shop that will, but it is no longer technically within warranty. That said, they come with a 1 year road hazard warranty from Pirelli, so there isn't really a reason to; Lucid will replace it and ship them to Pirelli for warranty.
Good to know. Thanks

If there is a road hazard warranty how come people on this forum are paying for replacement? Shouldn't Pirelli cover the cost?

Last edited:
Is there is a road hazard warranty how come people on this forum are paying for replacement? Shouldn't Pirelli cover the cost?
That's because the tire running over a nail is not the same to them as you hitting a pothole causing a bulge. 😡

Is there is a road hazard warranty how come people on this forum are paying for replacement? Shouldn't Pirelli cover the cost?
For a nail, sure. For a blowout because you hit a pothole, nope.

that makes no sense. any idea if the decision made by Lucid or Pirelli?
Pirelli. It's their standard road hazard warranty, and this is true of most tire manufacturers that offer road hazard warranty. Bulges should still be covered under *warranty* if it's a manufacturing defect; that is, if it develops without you hitting a pothole. But the *road hazard warranty* doesn't cover that.

Pirelli. It's their standard road hazard warranty, and this is true of most tire manufacturers that offer road hazard warranty. Bulges should still be covered under *warranty* if it's a manufacturing defect; that is, if it develops without you hitting a pothole. But the *road hazard warranty* doesn't cover that.

Although, re-reading that, Road Hazard does include impact, so maybe it would be! I suspect someone would just need to get Lucid to make that argument, potentially... I had to inform them of the Pirelli warranty before they covered a nail, so it's possible nobody has tried! I don't know, though.

Although, re-reading that, Road Hazard does include impact, so maybe it would be! I suspect someone would just need to get Lucid to make that argument, potentially... I had to inform them of the Pirelli warranty before they covered a nail, so it's possible nobody has tried! I don't know, though.
Lucid told me to bring the tire to a Pirelli authorized retailer to try to get a warranty claim. Didn't have time to go this week, but hopefully I'll do so next week and report back if it worked.

Possibly useful in the future - if you order replacement tires from tire rack, they include a free 2-year road hazard warranty, including nails, glass, and pothole damage.

Back