Spare tire

Thank you for that info. Do all flats in the 21's require a new tire, or did you have one that could not be repaired?
My damage was on the side wall so no way to repair.

Lucid told me to bring the tire to a Pirelli authorized retailer to try to get a warranty claim. Didn't have time to go this week, but hopefully I'll do so next week and report back if it worked.
So I finally took the tire to a local Pirelli dealer. The guy pulled up the warranty info and apparently 'Road Hazard' damage (ie blowouts, etc) are only covered for run flats, so he said that the tire wouldn't be covered. :(

Has anyone else that had a blowout have any success with a warranty claim? If so, how did you do it?

Lucid seems to have a fluid policy regarding blowouts. They might cover 1/2 of your first one I was told. They certainly cover bubbles although I had to pay 1/2 for a new tire after a bubble was found after my first bent rim episode. Other people I know got a free tire.

Lucid seems to have a fluid policy regarding blowouts. They might cover 1/2 of your first one I was told. They certainly cover bubbles although I had to pay 1/2 for a new tire after a bubble was found after my first bent rim episode. Other people I know got a free tire.
Do you know if Lucid has a roadside assistance plan ?

The roadside assistance plan will not pay for the tow truck to help change the tire to a spare. They will only pay for TOW.
How about getting the old-fashioned AAA? They will change the tire. The only question is how long the wait will be.

I have the ez spare and I bought a compact electric tire changing kit off Amazon that works great if you also buy a 12 volt extension cord. Functionally I’m fine but hate losing so much trunk space. Has anyone found a compact spare that works that would fit in the frunk?

I have the ez spare and I bought a compact electric tire changing kit off Amazon that works great if you also buy a 12 volt extension cord. Functionally I’m fine but hate losing so much trunk space. Has anyone found a compact spare that works that would fit in the frunk?
I put my EZ Spare in the frunk.

As long as I can remember, spare tires are 60 psi, regardless of the type of the vehicle.
I've always wondered what's magic about the number 60.
And now, even with the extra weight from the battery, spare tires for EVs are still 60 psi.
Don't know if there is any science to this or it's just a matter of "tradition."
And as long as I'm in the questioning mood, I also wonder if the spare tires that a lot of us have bought can handle the weight . I mean, does anyone know if any testing's been done?

There is a tremendous amount of engineering and design into each type of tire. The recommended tire pressure and rated highest speed is not a guess.

There is a tremendous amount of engineering and design into each type of tire. The recommended tire pressure and rated highest speed is not a guess.
I'd hope so, but I've not come across the evidence so I'm asking for some enlightenment and education.

Thanks. @MPawelek . This is a very informative and helpful site.
It's probably too technical for them to explain the scientific foundation behind the data.
Or not enough people interested in this kind of info so it's not worth their time to delve into the subject.
After all, aren't we in the instant gratification era?

Lucid told me to bring the tire to a Pirelli authorized retailer to try to get a warranty claim. Didn't have time to go this week, but hopefully I'll do so next week and report back if it worked.
One of the Lucid technicians I'm not fond of just told me that the "Pirelli" warranty was only received if you got your Lucid in June of last year..... not even sure how that's possible and I wasn't looking to argue with the guy. Even if he meant June of this year, something was off.

My tech guy told me to register the tires with Pirelli online and that they were no longer handling the tire warranty claims. He said that any Pirelli authorized retailer would be handling the tire warranty claims going forward.

My tech guy told me to register the tires with Pirelli online and that they were no longer handling the tire warranty claims. He said that any Pirelli authorized retailer would be handling the tire warranty claims going forward.
hmmm - that doesn't sound like the customer service we expect from Lucid Motors?

hmmm - that doesn't sound like the customer service we expect from Lucid Motors?
Well, it just cuts out the middle man because all Lucid does is take the tire to a Pirelli dealer and do all the paperwork which you still need to be involved...

Just face it, Lucid's hardware is great, but everything else is what you might expect from a toddler Company. That isn't meant to be good or bad, just reality. How the toddler grows up is what is most important.

While handling tire issues this way isn't up to snuff when compared to BMW, MB, Audi, etc., it is probably the best they can do to try and make servicing those tire issues practical and more timely, especially for those of us a long way from the closest Service Center.

Folks had mentioned that the EZSpare fits in the frunk, I wanted to post pics of it doing so quite well for all those thinking about buying it. The lug nuts it comes with also fit into the bag easily when placed in the wheel well. (thanks to @CLTGT for the discount once again!). Also others had mentioned that they were going to use a large trash bag to contain the tire that goes flat. Mine came in a very nice bag with handles that looks to be sufficient to hold a flat tire. Not sure if this is something that is new to EZSpare since the others got it, but maybe the trash bag isn't needed? As for the jack and the posts about needing a wooden plank, I have found a bottle jack that may solve that issue better than the one EZSpare recommends. I will update when it arrives. Thanks to all once again.

Attachments

• PXL_20220912_201214133.jpg
    PXL_20220912_201214133.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 142
  • PXL_20220913_023917100.jpg
    PXL_20220913_023917100.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 146
  • PXL_20220913_023951160.jpg
    PXL_20220913_023951160.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 142
  • PXL_20220913_023935014.jpg
    PXL_20220913_023935014.jpg