Is there a 5-20 adapter available for the mobile charger?

AMGabor

Title is pretty self explanatory. I looked up on the website/manual but it only lists the 5-15 and 14-50 adapters. 5-20 is actually a great improvement (33%) in charging speed. I hope there is a solution for this. Thanks.

Not yet.

If it's a frequent need, third-party 5-20 EVSEs are pretty reasonably priced.

The reason they have a 15 amp one is that most 110v circuits are as 15 amp. If you plug a 20 amp adapter into it and pull 20 amps, you will pop the circuit at best or melt the wires and have a fire at worst. If you do get a 110v / 20 amp adapter, please make sure it is in a 20 amp circuit.

The reason they have a 15 amp one is that most 110v circuits are as 15 amp. If you plug a 20 amp adapter into it and pull 20 amps, you will pop the circuit at best or melt the wires and have a fire at worst. If you do get a 110v / 20 amp adapter, please make sure it is in a 20 amp circuit.
You can't insert a 5-20 plug into a 5-15 receptacle.

All of the chargers are set for 80% of the max amperage (this is a regulatory mandate). In other words the 5-15 only pulls 12amp and a 5-20 pulls 15 amps. 3 amps doesn’t seem to be a big number but comparatively makes quite a big difference.

All of the chargers are set for 80% of the max amperage (this is a regulatory mandate). In other words the 5-15 only pulls 12amp and a 5-20 pulls 15 amps. 3 amps doesn’t seem to be a big number but comparatively makes quite a big difference.
There are some fixed losses during AC charging which means you can net many more miles per hour on a 5-20 connection than a 5-15. I hope and imagine it would be Lucid's next adapter to be made.

Back