Charger FAQ/Explanation

I received mine in December 2022. It’s still on 01.01.25 (Network) and 02.14.51 (Safety). So not much different. However, mine won’t do a software update. It just flashes orange slowly all the time. It charges fine and is connected to my local network. Support has not been able to offer a solution. I’d be curious if anyone has actually received a software update for their Lucid charger.

I received mine in December 2022. It’s still on 01.01.25 (Network) and 02.14.51 (Safety). So not much different. However, mine won’t do a software update. It just flashes orange slowly all the time. It charges fine and is connected to my local network. Support has not been able to offer a solution. I’d be curious if anyone has actually received a software update for their Lucid charger.
I have. Worked fine.

If yours is in the internet, has an IP (you can access it from your local network) and still won’t stop blinking orange, call customer care and you may need to swap the unit.

Mine has updated twice since installation:
1693231929647.png

I have the same problem. When i do power recycle the unit comes back to normal operation. Blinking orange is because the unit is not able to connect to network. For me this happens whenever my router or internet connection stutters. I have informed this to customer care and send them the logs too. LCHCS is not able to re-establish its connection (both wireless and wired) when your home internet connection goes off and comes back.

Worth nothing that every EV does this and has a very roughly similar changing curve, with varying shape and much different charging rate (kW) levels.
Hello, I saw you said firmware can be upgraded after changing LAN can you please help me what information as below need to be changed so that I could upgrade firmware and it should work in my Home network
=============================
Model Name : P11-Y25901-02

Network Version : 01.01.21

Safety Version : 02.14.51

Backend Mode : Lucid Cloud

Eth0 IP : 192.168.1.10

Eth0 Netmask : 255.255.255.0

Eth0 Gateway : 192.168.1.254

OCPP Server URL : wss://homecharger.deneb.prod.infotainment.pdx.atieva.com:443

OCPP BoxID : 2228800XXX

Cellular APN : apn1.lucid.com.attz

WiFi Mode : Static

WiFi IP : 192.168.2.254

WiFi Netmask : 255.255.255.0

WiFi Gateway : 192.168.2.254

WiFi SSID : RAYHOME

WiFi Password : XXXXXXXX

WiFi Enable : True

Lucid ID : [email protected]

WiFi Protocol : NONE

WiFi Privacy : TKIP/AES

WiFi Auth : WPA-PSK

Hello, I saw you said firmware can be upgraded after changing LAN can you please help me what information as below need to be changed so that I could upgrade firmware and it should work in my Home network
=============================
Model Name : P11-Y25901-02
Network Version : 01.01.21
Safety Version : 02.14.51
WiFi Mode : Static
WiFi IP : 192.168.2.254
WiFi Netmask : 255.255.255.0
WiFi Gateway : 192.168.2.254
I'd recommend turning power to your charger off and on again, log into its serial number SSID, and use a laptop or smartphone to change your charging station's wifi IP mode to DHCP. Right now your charger's wifi IP address is the same as its wifi gateway, which is not correct.

This feels like the right thread to ask, but I can't find the answer to a key question:

I've got an AT on order. I'm having electrician come out this Friday to give an estimate to hardwire an EVSE. What I can't seem to get a straight answer for is future-proofing. This will be our first EV, and I kind of expect the second to come in 2-3 years, pending charging infrastructure for long road trips being improved. That means I'll want to be able to charge two cars, and possibly not from the same manufacturer.

Does that mean I should NOT get the Lucid home EVSE, but rather like a Chargepoint Flex? Are there actually any EVSEs that can handle two cars at once or do I need to be thinking about just leaving a spot to ensure I can add a second EVSE eventually?

This feels like the right thread to ask, but I can't find the answer to a key question:

I've got an AT on order. I'm having electrician come out this Friday to give an estimate to hardwire an EVSE. What I can't seem to get a straight answer for is future-proofing. This will be our first EV, and I kind of expect the second to come in 2-3 years, pending charging infrastructure for long road trips being improved. That means I'll want to be able to charge two cars, and possibly not from the same manufacturer.

Does that mean I should NOT get the Lucid home EVSE, but rather like a Chargepoint Flex? Are there actually any EVSEs that can handle two cars at once or do I need to be thinking about just leaving a spot to ensure I can add a second EVSE eventually?
Good question. Any charger will charge any car with a compatible plug. They are pretty much all the same thing with different software and appearances. For example, I have a JuiceBox that I use to charge my Jaguar and my Lucid with no problems in either car. I know the general consensus here on the forum is that hardwired is more predictable than having an outlet, but I went the opposite way. I had my electrician install a 50 amp circuit with an appropriate industrial level NEMA 15-40 outlet. That way I can plug-in a 40 amp charger. If the charger needs to be replaced, I can simply unplug it and plug in a new one. You may wish to have a higher amperage outlet installed if you plan to use a faster charger, but for me 40 amps is plenty for overnight charging.

Good question. Any charger will charge any car with a compatible plug. They are pretty much all the same thing with different software and appearances. For example, I have a JuiceBox that I use to charge my Jaguar and my Lucid with no problems in either car. I know the general consensus here on the forum is that hardwired is more predictable than having an outlet, but I went the opposite way. I had my electrician install a 50 amp circuit with an appropriate industrial level NEMA 15-40 outlet. That way I can plug-in a 40 amp charger. If the charger needs to be replaced, I can simply unplug it and plug in a new one. You may wish to have a higher amperage outlet installed if you plan to use a faster charger, but for me 40 amps is plenty for overnight charging.
This is helpful - so if I did opt for the Lucid 80-amp one, it should then work (although possibly slower) with, say, a Model Y (and an adapter I'd assume), or a Mach-E, etc etc?

I think two is probably overkill, as we aren't driving so much as to need cars charged both all the way all the time. Hell the AT is the first time in 10 years we'll own two cars at once lol.

This is helpful - so if I did opt for the Lucid 80-amp one, it should then work (although possibly slower) with, say, a Model Y (and an adapter I'd assume), or a Mach-E, etc etc?

I think two is probably overkill, as we aren't driving so much as to need cars charged both all the way all the time. Hell the AT is the first time in 10 years we'll own two cars at once lol.

One EVSE in garage is enough. We have 3 EVs sharing 1 charger. Just order J1772 20-40 ft 48amp extension cable.

Could install the Tesla universal charger just to cover yourself

Watch Tom Moloughney’s State of Charge channel for all things related to charging at home. There’s one EVSE (can’t remember if it’s Pulsar or GrizzlE or who) that allows power sharing between cars so you could install a second one on the same outlet, but I don’t remember which one it is. I was using the 14-50 plug on a 50 amp circuit fine for the Lucid but since we got my wife’s Volvo EV we’ve been charging at home a lot more and it has nuisance tripped the breaker a few times, which those 14-50 outlets are prone to do cuz they require a GFCI, so I just got a ChargePoint Flex and am having it hardwired to a 60 amp circuit. I didn’t charge the Lucid at home a lot because my job has a few free slow Chargepoint chargers so I think that’s why we hadn’t seen the breaker trip before. If everyone switches to NACS in a few years yeah you’re rolling the dice with hardwiring but there’s some J1772 to Tesla adapters out there that are UL listed so it should be future proofed anyway.

I did exactly the same thing for the same reasons. Chargers can and do go bad and rather than having to call an electrician, I can simply unplug the charger and either upgrade to a newer one or replace it under warranty with the same one.

In my 6 years of owning EVs, I’ve done this twice. Once to swap out a defective unit and once to get the ‘latest & greatest’ charger.

I would at least price the single 100 amp charger. That would allow you to charge at 19.2kW and also with additional equipment be able to do V2H and V2G. It is also possible to share a 50a plug with something like this.

As you can see there are lots of options. I installed 2 - 14-50 plugs in garage to future proof, but only have one plug in charger at this time.

Thanks for the helpful explanations and thoughts, folks. Have a good list to discuss with electrician, research, and discuss with wife :)

Back