• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Highway Assist & Traffic Jam Assist

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
Traffic Jam Assist is only available when the vehicles speed is under 43mph (70 km/h).
[src]

Any idea why the cutoff? Here is Chicago, traffic on highways can go from 10 mph to 55mph 10mph in a span of 1 mile sometimes.

It's also interesting that Highway Assist won't change lanes for you, rather you have to manually change lanes and then it will take back over.

Seems to be a common speed between all the cars that offer it though. 40 to 45 seems to be the sweet spot (except Tesla)

Good thing is that ACC works all the way down to 1mph...

Wait highway assist does not change lanes for you? Then what’s the difference between the ACC that’s already in place?

Wait highway assist does not change lanes for you? Then what’s the difference between the ACC that’s already in place?
It steers for you?

Is there a traffic jam assist? I must have missed that when turning off unhelpful settings.

FWIW Mercedes EQS is available, offers software capable of lane changing, lane centering, and stop-and-go traffic handling. I wonder when Lucid plans to release this to meet competition.

Also worth noting, since lane changing is not in the manual, it's probably assumed they don't have plans to add this feature until full autonomy.

So does "software capable of" mean it actually is totally functional now or will be in the future on the EQS?

I love the image Lucid is using. The car has traveled 69.900 miles. It shows fully charged 520 miles, and gets 4.2 miles/kWh. Now it starts to make sense why it is called the Dream Edition .... someone is dreaming...

Noticed that earlier (the 4.2 mi/kWh). Not sure anyone has reported over 3.3 mi/kWh.

FWIW Mercedes EQS is available, offers software capable of lane changing, lane centering, and stop-and-go traffic handling. I wonder when Lucid plans to release this to meet competition.

Also worth noting, since lane changing is not in the manual, it's probably assumed they don't have plans to add this feature until full autonomy.
Do these features require a full sign off by the NHTSA before they can release it? If so, it makes sense that MB and other legacy makers can get it out prior to Lucid introducing it.

Mercedes has had that since 2019, it’s in my car. It’s a mixed bag, sometimes lane change works and sometimes it doesn’t. And according to Lucid when they do implement highway assist (lane centering/steering) if you turn your blinker on to change a lane, the car won’t fight you. About 1/3 of the time the Mercedes does fight it if it perceives a solid white line you’re trying to go across. It’s also 100% useless and almost dangerous in any construction zone. But MB says don’t use it in construction zones so I’ll give them credit.

Noticed that earlier (the 4.2 mi/kWh). Not sure anyone has reported over 3.3 mi/kWh.
I've gotten 3.9, and my almost-wife has gotten >4 as have a few folks in the Bay Area telegram. It's totally doable.

[src]

Any idea why the cutoff? Here is Chicago, traffic on highways can go from 10 mph to 55mph 10mph in a span of 1 mile sometimes.

It's also interesting that Highway Assist won't change lanes for you, rather you have to manually change lanes and then it will take back over.
Yea that’s correct. Highway assist only keeps the lane for first version coming out this year. Lane change and stop light recognition coming later.

Back