Maserati Levante ACC and Highway Assist

MoniputerLM

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream Edition Performance
DE Number
I have been driving a Maserati Levante SUV for the last several days. it's a National Car rental and therefore a low-end model. So, I was surprised that it had lane keeping highway assist. Suprised even more that is is the best HA system that I have experienced, so far. It works at any speed and on any road where it can "see" the lanes. It's very quick to disengage when it can't see the lane markings and equally quick to re-engage. It makes very quick and precise steering adjustments with very little drift within a lane. All in all, a great version of HA. Until now, my favorite HA system was Mercedees, which can also auto change lanes, and the Maserati can't. Full disclosure, I have not driven a Tesla with beta self-driving.

Also, the ACC worked just like our other cars and not like my DE-P. 😇

Maybe Lucid can work a tech trade with Maserati? ;)

Wow! Is there a car you don’t own or have in order?
It was just a rental! Don't like it well enough to buy one. 😇

Still holding out for the Hummer but am getting concerned that it will be hard to park, very wide, and does not have "highway" range.

In what sense?
We have been through this many times. It will stop when traffic in front has stopped unlike the current Lucid design. I will stop calling it a bug and just call the Lucid implementation a bad/incomplete design. 😇

We have been through this many times. It will stop when traffic in front has stopped unlike the current Lucid design. I will stop calling it a bug and just call the Lucid implementation a bad/incomplete design. 😇
Ah, I was wondering if that was the issue you meant. Thanks for clarifying.

Ah, I was wondering if that was the issue you meant. Thanks for clarifying.
One thing that I noticed about the driver assist features in the Maserati, is that it makes lots of sounds! I assume that they are warnings, but I have never driven a car that "talked" so much! ;)

It is hard to beat the Tesla with FSD Beta.... I drove mine today and forgot how good it is. Auto lane changing. Auto exiting and continuing to navigate on city streets is almost impossible to beat

It is hard to beat the Tesla with FSD Beta.... I drove mine today and forgot how good it is. Auto lane changing. Auto exiting and continuing to navigate on city streets is almost impossible to beat
On highway or in city? In city, it was terrifying; I just used the latest two months ago. It is not good, at least in the suburbs in and around Cupertino.

On highway, it's fine, except for the two times it randomly braked on me.

On highway or in city? In city, it was terrifying; I just used the latest two months ago. It is not good, at least in the suburbs in and around Cupertino.

On highway, it's fine, except for the two times it randomly braked on me.
I've never had the phantom braking that I hear about. The worse I've had is on one freeway it would decrease the speed because it thought it saw a 50mph sign but that was eventually fixed.

But the last couple months it's gotten much better. Especially at turns at intersections. That has always been and still is the scariest part of fsd beta to me.

Perhaps it is a byproduct of stellantis and their integration? I would find it hard to believe maserati had the resources for that themselves…

My buddy let me do a quick exchange to try FSD Beta on his Model-Y while I let the other friend try out my AGT same time.

My verdict: Impressive visual display of oncoming traffic in 4 directions on infotainment system. Astounding autonomy on and off of very busy interstate I-10 and right local spots. I had to put my hands on wheel not to cause him to get strike from Tesla. But the ride was rather rough in its suspension. And I think software needs more refinement in acceleration and deceleration to make it feel more smooth and trusting.

The other guy’s verdict of AGT: WOW! Good quality inside like Mercedes, Porsche and fine suspension handling.

My buddy let me do a quick exchange to try FSD Beta on his Model-Y while I let the other friend try out my AGT same time.

My verdict: Impressive visual display of oncoming traffic in 4 directions on infotainment system. Astounding autonomy on and off of very busy interstate I-10 and right local spots. I had to put my hands on wheel not to cause him to get strike from Tesla. But the ride was rather rough in its suspension. And I think software needs more refinement in acceleration and deceleration to make it feel more smooth and trusting.

The other guy’s verdict of AGT: WOW! Good quality inside like Mercedes, Porsche and fine suspension handling.
I 100% agree. Ride quality and interior are miles ahead of Tesla. But FSD is miles ahead of Lucid which is to be expected since Tesla has a 10-year head start.

Back