Highway Assist Experience in Smooth vs. Swift

gavram

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I typically always drive in Smooth mode, particularly when on the highway. Since the last HA update, I've figured out my sweet spot for where to rest my fingers on the wheel to prevent the nag chime and also minimize lane drift...that being said, it's still harder to keep centered vs. before the HA update.

Last week I had accidentally left the car in Swift mode while on the highway and when I activated HA I couldn't figure out why I was having such a hard time keeping the car centered using my same hand/finger placement on the wheel and was experiencing a good deal of ping ponging and lane drift. I assume this is due to the tighter steering that comes with Swift mode, but wasn't sure.

It took me quite a while to figure out what was causing the different HA experience, so I thought I'd post in case others experience this as well.

I typically always drive in Smooth mode, particularly when on the highway. Since the last HA update, I've figured out my sweet spot for where to rest my fingers on the wheel to prevent the nag chime and also minimize lane drift...that being said, it's still harder to keep centered vs. before the HA update.

Last week I had accidentally left the car in Swift mode while on the highway and when I activated HA I couldn't figure out why I was having such a hard time keeping the car centered using my same hand/finger placement on the wheel and was experiencing a good deal of ping ponging and lane drift. I assume this is due to the tighter steering that comes with Swift mode, but wasn't sure.

It took me quite a while to figure out what was causing the different HA experience, so I thought I'd post in case others experience this as well.
Interesting observation. If I'm using HA, it's usually because I'm on a long road trip trying to keep myself from driving too fast and burning too much energy. So I basically always have it in smooth on those occasions. Maybe that's why I've gotten less ping-ponging than others have reported here?

Back