Lane keep assist not recognizing lane markings

Well, comparing the system to the same system in my '23 Grand Cherokee (yes both are "just" lane keep assit), the GC will very consistently notice and nudge me back in the lane as the tires approach and almost touch the lane line/road edge. It will then haptically inform while still applying gentle steering force if the wheels cross the lane line.

The Air Pure, is very inconsistent in its intervention, or lack of.
There are times the wheel will nudge me and give haptic feedback when I'm perfectly within my lane. Sometimes thrown off by articulating lane lines, tarred cracks, or around right or left turn lanes, or shoulders, parking lanes etc.
There are even times I've tested it and crossed the lane lines entirely, and the system did not intervene until I was a (perceived) foot or more over the lane line.

My hypothesis on these two differing results from two systems is that:
- the Grand Cherokee model has a 360 camera system, with added cameras on the side mirrors to best see lane lines on either side.
- the Air Pure only has front and rear cameras, and so does its best to extrapolate lane location with just two cameras, not in the best line of site.
Or your cameras are not properly calibrated...

Back