Highway Assist

vcbuddha

Cars
2022 Air Grand Touring
Has anyone else noticed that the Highway Assist is not working as well after the most recent update? After the last couple of map updates, it seemed to be working very well, consistently keeping me in the center of the lane. But, after the last big update that came out, now it's weaving all over the lane again. It seems like every time there's a new navigation update that comes out, it screws up the highway assist function. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this too?

Just be careful. HA is definitely not designed for non-highway use.
It is geo-fenced to work only on certain roads. I drove 3800 miles from MOntreal to DC to SF Bay area mostly HA 72mph and some of it in rain at night in construction zones where I lowered it based on speed limit, curves and mild slopes. It worked nearly flawlessly including the left or right bias.

What was the thinking behind Highway Assist?
Is if for people who like to play with their phones while driving?

Huh...decided to read the Owner's Manual

I see now that I was trying to find Adaptive Cruse while in Highway Assist. It just turns it off.
You have to select Adaptive Cruse with the Dream Drive button first. It's not the default. So you have to go the wrong way to get there.
I keep thinking I know how this car works.

I'm going to try driving with the steering wheel all the way up and the seat all the way down so I can see the display. I'm trying to figure out the dimensions of the person who designed the cabin, and how the heck he can drive for hours in that position.

1701452500696.jpeg

Keep your hands high, your butt low. look comfortable for a long dream drive ?

I see now that I was trying to find Adaptive Cruse while in Highway Assist. It just turns it off.
You have to select Adaptive Cruse with the Dream Drive button first. It's not the default. So you have to go the wrong way to get there.
I keep thinking I know how this car works.
I have no idea what you’re talking about - honestly. You do not need the Dream Drive button to select ACC first. You can switch while HA is engaged, with a long press of that same button.

Can you or someone with you take a video of what you’re doing so we can assist?

Fwiw, I have no trouble seeing the screen and am very comfortable. But I sit very low in the car, as I always have in other cars. (Part of why I don’t like SUVs)

Back