Highway Assist(?)

You can press park to enable the cameras if you like. It might help. Also you have the camera on the main screen when you turn unless you don't have that option? I love the cameras.
Press park while driving?

They said the same thing about Chess, Go, Jeopardy, replicating humans via video and audio, translating language in real-time (babelfish), spy and missile drones, etc.

Never underestimate the power of technology to surprise us. :)

Friendly wager? :)

The prospect is not good after GM Cruise Driverless license was suspended in California today (the permit for Cruise Autonomous Vehicles with a backup driver, with no passengers, with no rider fees is not suspended):

Last edited:
The prospect is not good after GM Cruise Driverless license was suspended in California today (the permit for Cruise Autonomous Vehicles with a backup driver, with no passengers, with no rider fees is not suspended):

Yeah, that pretty much settles it forever and ever. Giving up after the first setback, that’s the American way.

Yeah, that pretty much settles it forever and ever. Giving up after the first setback, that’s the American way.
Where does it say that they are giving up?

Thank you. Every time I think my sarcasm is pretty obvious, I get proven wrong.
Remember, the Autonomous Vehicle testing in California is still ongoing, non-stop, but with less incentive for GM Cruise.

.It now has to pay a human backup driver at all times, whereas it could skip staffing a human driver before this.
.It used to be able to collect fares from riders, but no longer during the suspension.

Many people don't realize the importance of a backup driver in Autonomous Vehicle testing, citing humans are the worst drivers. But...

The TuSimple Autonomous Semi Truck veered and collided with the left median cement wall. With a sedan, it's easy for a driver to take back the control to avoid a collision, but with a semi-truck, it seems to take much more effort, and the crashes are unavoidable.

Per the PDF above on post#22, Cruise can take steps to prove that its deficiencies were corrected in order to restore its permit.

Remember, the Autonomous Vehicle testing in California is still ongoing, non-stop, but with less incentive for GM Cruise.

.It now has to pay a human backup driver at all times, whereas it could skip staffing a human driver before this.
.It used to be able to collect fares from riders, but no longer during the suspension.

Many people don't realize the importance of a backup driver in Autonomous Vehicle testing, citing humans are the worst drivers. But...

The TuSimple Autonomous Semi Truck veered and collided with the left median cement wall. With a sedan, it's easy for a driver to take back the control to avoid a collision, but with a semi-truck, it seems to take much more effort, and the crashes are unavoidable.

Per the PDF above on post#22, Cruise can take steps to prove that its deficiencies were corrected in order to restore its permit.
He said he was being sarcastic. Why are you such an automaton with these posts?

BINGO!!!!!

Don't touch your steering wheel if you want your Lucid to center the lane.

I come from Tesla, so I would rest my hand/arm on the steering wheel to prevent the alarms. It senses the constant torque, and I seldom get any warning messages/visual/audio at all.

If I bring that practice to Lucid, my Lucid would drift out of the center and by the time it alarms it might be too late and it's already drifting out of lane (and not just off center within the lane).

I don't doubt that other people don't have this kind of problem. I am just saying if you do, try to stop touching your Lucid steering wheel!
But you can’t, hands off the wheel gives you alarms. It shouldn’t be a game. It should just work.

But you can’t, hands off the wheel gives you alarms. It shouldn’t be a game. It should just work.
you hands off, or fingers on and jiggle every 10 seconds and no warnings and no ping ponging!

Yeah… no
Alright, just letting you know what works in the current iteration of HA. Just remember the wheels is not capacitive.

Does anyone else find Highway Assist useless? In my experience, it’s nothing but a stress inducing nightmare.
I would add "unsafe and dangerous at any speed"

I've been driving my just delivered 2022 GT for the past 2 weeks on a 2000 mile midwest road trip and the highway assist has come way too close to causing a bad accidents FREQUENTLY. I'm putting together some videos

My other car is a 2019 Tesla M3 with FSD, so i've been learning how the car's improved over the past 4.5 years of owning the tesla. I'm used to Tesla's Full Self Drive Software and the transition to Lucid's "dream drive" has been more of a "nightmare of buyers remorse"...or maybe i should have realized, 'dream...as in NOT REAL because this car will never really drive itself. I know that Tesla has big head start on the tech and software, but i would have never thorough that Lucid would be this far behind. They definitely hyped up the dream drive during my test drive, but no mention of all the limitations which basically make the concept completely freaking useless.

I especially hate how it will just seem to warn you "driver assist limited" when you are already 50% crossed over the lane markers... It should warn you BEFORE there's a problem, not after you're about to drive into a ditch....
-> as a comparison to driver feedback in a Tesla: There are multiple, at times, annoying buzzers/beeps from the car giving audio feedback to take control... sometimes it's annoying because it's overprotective, but it's supposed to be that way as a driver assist feature. Lucid seems like the opposite....and their software dept seems to be asleep at the wheel! During the trip, there was a software update, and i got excited that maybe it was an improvement to the dream drive, but just a shitty rear seat heater fix.. yeay lol

Aside from that, it's been a blast to manually drive the car... i mean it's everything's i dreamed of performance wise, but the software is a complete joke and flakey as hell. and i'm still laughing that they give you the option to save a favorites in your navigation settings, but you can only set it as home or work, so you better not have any other favorite places that you go frequently? just dumb,

Reactions: DBV
you hands off, or fingers on and jiggle every 10 seconds and no warnings and no ping ponging!
How long are you driving with HA on? I use the same method you use, but after about 10 minutes it always goes off the rails. I made the mistake of trying it again today and it definitely didn’t fix itself.

I would add "unsafe and dangerous at any speed"

I've been driving my just delivered 2022 GT for the past 2 weeks on a 2000 mile midwest road trip and the highway assist has come way too close to causing a bad accidents FREQUENTLY. I'm putting together some videos

My other car is a 2019 Tesla M3 with FSD, so i've been learning how the car's improved over the past 4.5 years of owning the tesla. I'm used to Tesla's Full Self Drive Software and the transition to Lucid's "dream drive" has been more of a "nightmare of buyers remorse"...or maybe i should have realized, 'dream...as in NOT REAL because this car will never really drive itself. I know that Tesla has big head start on the tech and software, but i would have never thorough that Lucid would be this far behind. They definitely hyped up the dream drive during my test drive, but no mention of all the limitations which basically make the concept completely freaking useless.

I especially hate how it will just seem to warn you "driver assist limited" when you are already 50% crossed over the lane markers... It should warn you BEFORE there's a problem, not after you're about to drive into a ditch....
-> as a comparison to driver feedback in a Tesla: There are multiple, at times, annoying buzzers/beeps from the car giving audio feedback to take control... sometimes it's annoying because it's overprotective, but it's supposed to be that way as a driver assist feature. Lucid seems like the opposite....and their software dept seems to be asleep at the wheel! During the trip, there was a software update, and i got excited that maybe it was an improvement to the dream drive, but just a shitty rear seat heater fix.. yeay lol

Aside from that, it's been a blast to manually drive the car... i mean it's everything's i dreamed of performance wise, but the software is a complete joke and flakey as hell. and i'm still laughing that they give you the option to save a favorites in your navigation settings, but you can only set it as home or work, so you better not have any other favorite places that you go frequently? just dumb,
I agree that it is unsafe and think Lucid should have sent out a bulletin or fixed it by now. I’ll just add that it used to not be unsafe before they added lane biasing, so you are getting the very worst first impression.

I know.

With Tesla, if I don't produce a constant counter-torque by resting my hands/arms on the steering wheel, it will alarm and penalize me for the unsafe practice of hands-off driving (the ADAS would quit and require parking to reset for another trip).

With Lucid, the system might drift out of the lane if I have my hand(s) on the steering wheel.

That means I have to jiggle the steering wheel every 15 seconds precisely; a fraction earlier or later would result in an audio alert. It's very unnerving after a while because it's impossible for me to time 15 seconds precisely to avoid the frequent audio alert.

However, doing so to prevent drifting out of the lane is against the manual, which mandates hands-on.

I have to pick my choice:

1) follow the manual for hands-on and risk drifting out of the lane for an accident

2) go against the manual for hands-off with audio alerts that drive me crazy (Havana syndrome.)

3) Bought it but don't use it.

How long are you driving with HA on? I use the same method you use, but after about 10 minutes it always goes off the rails. I made the mistake of trying it again today and it definitely didn’t fix itself.
I used it from Morgan Hill all the way to Los Alamos no problem.

Back