DreamDrive Megathread

Hello all, I own a 2022 GT, I got delivered mid-2022 but just right after delivery I got transferred temporarily outside US to work. I then had to take the Lucid with me also a Tesla Model Y (my wife's car). Recently, lane centering just stopped working in my car. The screen does not show anymore any message to activate the feature while driving. On the other hand, I am having all other Dreamdrive features I know are active (like distance keeping, reading speed limits, lane departure warnings). The 360o cameras are working just fine, as well as the maps and everything else. So my hypothesis is that Lucid just blocked this specific feature for vehicles outside US but I am not sure. Wondering if any from the group has had any similar issues. If so, any procedure to try to reactivate Dreamdrive lane centering feature (maybe some calibration is needed, as it is necessary for Teslas?). Finally, if it is a Lucid SW decision, if there is any effective channel to discuss with Lucid to re-enable lane centering as this is a very useful feature... I really do not want to switch my Lucid to a Tesla Model S... Thank you!
If you’re referring to Highway Assist, even in the US certain roads are not enabled for it yet, though recently I found it to be working on some non-interstate roads that didn’t work for me before. I have no idea what the status is of lane centering outside the US, but one thing to check is to make sure your GPS is showing your accurate location. Once I had Highway Assist no longer work even though everything else did, and it was due to the GPS module needing a reset which service has to do.

If you’re referring to Highway Assist, even in the US certain roads are not enabled for it yet, though recently I found it to be working on some non-interstate roads that didn’t work for me before. I have no idea what the status is of lane centering outside the US, but one thing to check is to make sure your GPS is showing your accurate location. Once I had Highway Assist no longer work even though everything else did, and it was due to the GPS module needing a reset which service has to do.
What is happening is that everything works fine on highway assist at the beginning - I press the dreamdrive button, it shows highway assist on the screen, I can then set up the distance to the car ahead (following distance button) and then activate highway assist using the left toggle switch of the steering wheel. But, after that, the car does not offer me the lane centering feature to be activated (and it was offering it a few months back). I have driven just 300 miles yesterday and had to drive with no lane centering assistance...

What is happening is that everything works fine on highway assist at the beginning - I press the dreamdrive button, it shows highway assist on the screen, I can then set up the distance to the car ahead (following distance button) and then activate highway assist using the left toggle switch of the steering wheel. But, after that, the car does not offer me the lane centering feature to be activated (and it was offering it a few months back). I have driven just 300 miles yesterday and had to drive with no lane centering assistance...
Where are you located? You can email customer care and ask if HA is available on the roads that you are trying to use it.

Where are you located? You can email customer care and ask if HA is available on the roads that you are trying to use it.
Currently in Brazil - Lucid is not sold or serviced here, so I don't expect service from Lucid US. But I also do not expect Lucid to block features that are pretty basic like lane centering.

Just correcting a bit on terminology, what is working is Adaptive Cruise Control, Highway Assist cannot be activated anywhere.

Do you mean lane centering is a feature not necessarily available in all highway roads in the US? If so, different from Tesla autopilot solution that is unrestricted (as far as I know).

Lane centering is only available with Highway Assist. It's not functioning when using adaptive cruise control. The only function that works is Lane Keep Assist, which is announce when the car is drifting out of its lane and to correct that drift (if intervention is turned on). Everything is working correctly and as designed on your car.

Currently in Brazil - Lucid is not sold or serviced here, so I don't expect service from Lucid US. But I also do not expect Lucid to block features that are pretty basic like lane centering.

Just correcting a bit on terminology, what is working is Adaptive Cruise Control, Highway Assist cannot be activated anywhere.

They aren’t blocking anything. Highway Assist has always only worked on specific roads that have been approved within Lucid’s database. I imagine the plan is to expand that over time, but for now if you are not on one of those roads, you are limited to Adaptive Cruise Control. This is true for many roads in the US as well. Since Lucid don’t currently sell cars in Brazil, I imagine no roads there have been approved yet. This will likely change over time. Lucid’s feature set is still being built out.

They aren’t blocking anything. Highway Assist has always only worked on specific roads that have been approved within Lucid’s database. I imagine the plan is to expand that over time, but for now if you are not on one of those roads, you are limited to Adaptive Cruise Control. This is true for many roads in the US as well. Since Lucid don’t currently sell cars in Brazil, I imagine no roads there have been approved yet. This will likely change over time. Lucid’s feature set is still being built out.
Very clear, thanks! Are they communicating the roads approved in the US somewhere?

Very clear, thanks! Are they communicating the roads approved in the US somewhere?

No, unfortunately. I’d love it if there were a map somewhere that showed the roads clearly. But communication has not historically been Lucid’s forte.

I trust Musk but I don't trust the popo's! I might wake up in jail!

Jokes aside, I've been thinking what I would miss out by opting out of DDPro. For me personally "FSD" is pointless if I still have to pay attention to the. That will be more stress for me switching my attention back and forth. Perhaps I'm imagining the use incorrectly? I should be able to use my phone reading and playing games or do I still need my hands on the wheel and look at the road majority of the time since the car will alert me if Im not paying attention?

I could see the value of safety features ie driver falling asleep and the car avoiding crash, but to go from point A to point B then I dont think DDPro will be sufficient to be legally approved for full self drive. If it does it will be more than a decade from now I'm assuming. How are people planning to use this? Would you nap on a long freeway trip? Be on the phone and occasionally look at the road?

My ultimate hope and goal for DDP is to be able to send my car to the airport to pick up my grandchildren, and then bring them back to my house... WIHOUT ME LEAVING MY LIVING ROOM!

As someone that never uses cruise control but bought the DDPro as "future proofing", I am now curious if HA has progressed to a point where I would utilize it. I know there is good documentation in the owners manual and here in this thread but I would also like a "visual" explanation. Is anyone aware of videos that explain how to use it? Thanks

As someone that never uses cruise control but bought the DDPro as "future proofing", I am now curious if HA has progressed to a point where I would utilize it. I know there is good documentation in the owners manual and here in this thread but I would also like a "visual" explanation. Is anyone aware of videos that explain how to use it? Thanks
Honestly, the best way to learn is to try it. Go on a freeway, turn HA on (leftmost steering wheel button), and set your speed by tapping the button on the left scroll wheel. You can increase or decrease speed by rotating that dial. You may also long-press that same leftmost steering wheel button to toggle between HA, which includes auto steer, and ACC, which does not.

My ultimate hope and goal for DDP is to be able to send my car to the airport to pick up my grandchildren, and then bring them back to my house... WIHOUT ME LEAVING MY LIVING ROOM!
Did you try UBER function 😂 it is always enabled 😃

Back