DreamDrive Megathread

Wait, it is? I know you’ve told me that you personally knew the founder, but doesn’t the one camera limit how good it can be?
Totally, if it relied solely on that one camera.

Distance keeping is basically delegated to the existing ACC in the vehicle. It’s basically just steering that Comma handles, which is easier with a single set of cameras since you only need to see the road ahead, and not to the sides.

It works great for what it is, relative to what else is already on the car. That’s what I mean.

It’s not nearly as good as Lucid’s or Benz’s or GM’s.

Don’t know how highway assist was doing it? But it worked.

So I was driving on Grand Central Parkway in NYC yesterday using HA and we came to a newly paved section. 2-3 miles.

On this section there were no painted lines, both the solid line for the shoulder and the dashed line between lanes wasn’t painted yet. Only the little tags to show where the paint truck should paint every 40-50 feet.

HA didn’t seem to mind, even with curves, somehow it managed to steer, lane center, and follow the car in front!

My Maserati always freaks out when it loses the lines.
A recently repaved road? In NYC? The last decently paved road I was on in NYC was paved by the Romans 😁

How do you do lane centering with HA engaged? Someone probably has answered this, but I couldn’t find it. Thanks in advance.

How do you do lane centering with HA engaged? Someone probably has answered this, but I couldn’t find it. Thanks in advance.
What do you mean? Engage HA, center yourself in the lane, a light tan-ish steering wheel icon should appear on your dashboard indicating that it has taken over steering. What do you see?

Back