DreamDrive Megathread

My biggest ask is that they fix HA so that it can do the simple task of staying in the lane. I don’t even use it because it takes too much effort to correct all its errors.
I have had it totally stray out of a lane, hug the edge of the lane on curves, and bounce from one side to the other. I guess I was spoiled by FSD, but HA is pretty much useless.
Mine seems to stay in the lane pretty well. But not perfect. I agree it could use some work. But I’m hopeful they are in fact working on it. It’s too important for Lucid to ignore.

Good thread on Reddit comparing Lucid DD Pro vs Tesla FSD. Presently, seems like FSD does more than DD Pro. Curious as to what Lucid's roadmap is for DD Pro.

Dream drive pro is basically ADAS (cruise control with lane centering + distance from car in front + auto stop/go + blind spot/park assist + cross traffic detection). The highway assist only works on highways like it says. You need to keep hands on wheel. There is no auto lane changing, won't take the exit, etc...all the cool little things that FSD can do.​
Ddp could one day be better than FSD given the cameras AND lidar system but that'll be some time imo​
If you're okay with essentially ADAS but with a nicer overall car then lucid is hard to beat (and you're not worried about charging routes). Otherwise Tesla is probably the better choice for you​
If you want a lower cost alternative than Tesla, try a KIA! Blows Lucid out of the water... YES KIA!!!

If you want a lower cost alternative than Tesla, try a KIA! Blows Lucid out of the water... YES KIA!!!
Also, just how long are we supposed to wait for the main course? Lucid keeps updating stuff that has no impact. Where is auto driving, where is ev to home charging, where is android auto?

Also, just how long are we supposed to wait for the main course? Lucid keeps updating stuff that has no impact. Where is auto driving, where is ev to home charging, where is android auto?
Why won't Lucid even address these issues? Are they even on their road map? I would love a call with Peter...

"Auto Driving" has never been promised or even hinted. Lucid did hint at Level 3 which is eyes off under certain conditions but is a long ways from "auto driving."

If anyone wanted fsd... Should have just bought a tesla

If anyone wanted fsd... Should have just bought a tesla
I have the latest Model S (2023) but eager to get the Lucid. I don't even trust Tesla autopilot.......so the thought of trusting my life with FSD is out
Tesla has hyped FSD so long......all automakers are throwing too much resources into advancing FSD levels.....FSD is a gimmick

My biggest ask is that they fix HA so that it can do the simple task of staying in the lane. I don’t even use it because it takes too much effort to correct all its errors.
I have had it totally stray out of a lane, hug the edge of the lane on curves, and bounce from one side to the other. I guess I was spoiled by FSD, but HA is pretty much useless.
Lucid's lane control needs a lot more work

If anyone is having HA bounce from one side to the other or stray out of a lane, you need to have service look at your car ASAP and recalibrate it and/or perform a wheel alignment. HA should stay perfectly center, and should *never* stray out of the lane, and has never done that for me. Call service.

Back