DreamDrive Megathread

I would suggest reading the DreamDrive section of the manual. This is one small section:

WARNING: Adaptive Cruise Control
may not detect stationary or slow-
moving vehicles below 6 mph (10
km/h).
Yes, I read that in the manual early on and thought that with Highway Assist that this is no longer an issue, as the manual continues to evolve with all the OTA updates.

I can’t over state this. No matter what vehicle you have, with whatever technology it contains, do not wait for it to slam on the brakes. Press the brakes when you think they should be pressed. Maintain control of the vehicle. Do not put your own or other peoples’ lives at risk because you think that the car will automatically do what you should be doing.
Bobby,

I should have stated (and I agree with you completely) that I was very attentive and wanted to know what the system behaves like. I have had the car since June and never had a chance to really utilize Highway Assist. The last go was when I waited until the alarms went off before I engaged, but I know what my car can do when it comes to braking and would never put anyone at risk. However, I was under the assumption that with Highway Assist that stationary object issue was not longer an issue.

Bobby,

I should have stated (and I agree with you completely) that I was very attentive and wanted to know what the system behaves like. I have had the car since June and never had a chance to really utilize Highway Assist. The last go was when I waited until the alarms went off before I engaged, but I know what my car can do when it comes to braking and would never put anyone at risk. However, I was under the assumption that with Highway Assist that stationary object issue was not longer an issue.
The stationary object issue, as you put it, is actually a person or maybe a family in that car ahead of you. Don’t screw with the electronics; drive safely. I am passionate about this because I experienced a horrible loss in my family when they were hit from behind by an inattentive driver.

The stationary object issue, as you put it, is actually a person or maybe a family in that car ahead of you. Don’t screw with the electronics; drive safely. I am passionate about this because I experienced a horrible loss in my family when they were hit from behind by inattentive driver.
Very sorry about your loss.

I can’t possibly overstate this: No matter what vehicle you have, with whatever technology it contains, do not wait for it to slam on the brakes. Press the brakes when you think they should be pressed. Maintain control of the vehicle. Do not put your own or other peoples’ lives at risk because you think that the car will automatically do what you should be doing.
Thank you for typing what I was going to say, except nicer. I have a reflex where if I see someone stopped ahead I’ve never waited to see what any car with ACC would do but either disengaged it or slowed it rapidly via whatever controls it had. That is because there are people driving behind me and any late stop could make them either rear end me or swerve to avoid hitting me and crash. I’m not the only driver on the road and a sudden stop situation is never the time to experiment.

Have there been any rumblings or rumors about near term dream drive enhancements? I'm getting antsy for functions like auto lane change or hands free after being in a couple lower cost EVs recently with these capabilities.

Have there been any rumblings or rumors about near term dream drive enhancements? I'm getting antsy for functions like auto lane change or hands free after being in a couple lower cost EVs recently with these capabilities.
If you believe this article, further DD Pro features are a “ways away”. Unfortunately, Lucid prefers to fuel the rumor mill by staying tight lipped on virtually everything, rather than installing a communications team to lay out the roadmap to software developments and keep us all excited.

In my opinion, it’s a business decision which has punished shareholders and frustrated owners. Management seems to have doubled down on this strategy, so at this point I choose to enjoy my car for what it is, which is awesome. I assume that any significant software enhancements will be incremental and well behind that of the competition. I hope I am proven wrong.

I will first admit I have not read this entire thread so please forgive me if this has already been stated already, but does anyone else find the Highway Assist less than desirable, I tried it for the first time on a recent road trip to Palm Springs, and I found the lane centering to be right biased to the point I felt a little uncomfortable. Since the steering wheel is on the left side of the car I tend to be a left line biased driver, especially if you use the fast lane a lot of the time. And since you really can't take your hands off the wheel for any real amount of time, all I found myself doing was trying to veer left, almost more stressful than just driving Luci myself. After about 20 min I just went back to adaptive cruise and drove myself.

By the way this was the first real road trip since our complete fail in the middle of the desert and all good, topped off with 150kW DCFC right before hitting the road, drove to Palm Springs, all around the area for a few days, and could have probably made it home but the wife had some range anxiety so got 10min of 150kW DCFC and made it home no problem.

Aim your mirrors so you can see the distance between the lane lines and the side of the car. I thought mine was right biased but it was actually perfectly centered. If it looks to you after setting the mirrors that it is closer to the right line then ask service to recalibrate the ADAS, takes about an hour to do I think? Which charger did you use on the way back from Palm Springs? I found that EVGo site in cathedral city to be more reliable than the Palm Springs EA.

Thanks, I will have a look next time I try it. We used the EA at the BofA, EA app said two working, one available. Luckily when we got there no one was there, the first one we tried didn't work, failed to authorize, the second one worked fine. While there a beat up Tesla Y showed up, the other charger didn't work for them either. We told them we had only 5 min to go so they waited.

Aim your mirrors so you can see the distance between the lane lines and the side of the car. I thought mine was right biased but it was actually perfectly centered. If it looks to you after setting the mirrors that it is closer to the right line then ask service to recalibrate the ADAS, takes about an hour to do I think? Which charger did you use on the way back from Palm Springs? I found that EVGo site in cathedral city to be more reliable than the Palm Springs EA.
This is exactly what happened to me; I thought it was right-biased but it was perfectly centered. As for handsfree, it warns you after 15 seconds, and then gives you the serious warnings after 30 seconds, so you can take your hands off for 30 seconds but ... you should be paying attention. :)

Well Luci and I have agreed to disagree on what constitutes Lane Departure. Her stern objections to even getting close to the line have worn me down.

20230520_214932.jpg

I tried to adjust my driving but still many passengers have asked, what was that?!?! I then have to explain its just Luci being temperamental about lane centering. For what it's worth, my wife, who is a very calm and easy driver, disabled it a month before me. Why can't Luci just be caring and gentle, but no, a very stern intervention seems to be necessary. I will try to use it maybe on a long late night road trip, but for now, this safety feature is off for both myself and my wife. My Silverado, and my mother-in-laws Malibu, both do this far better, much more lenient on what is departure in the first place and a soft gentle nudge if you do drift. Btw, I tried a small piece of black vinyl over the warning light but it looked tacky.

Well Luci and I have agreed to disagree on what constitutes Lane Departure. Her stern objections to even getting close to the line have worn me down.

View attachment 12456

I tried to adjust my driving but still many passengers have asked, what was that?!?! I then have to explain its just Luci being temperamental about lane centering. For what it's worth, my wife, who is a very calm and easy driver, disabled it a month before me. Why can't Luci just be caring and gentle, but no, a very stern intervention seems to be necessary. I will try to use it maybe on a long late night road trip, but for now, this safety feature is off for both myself and my wife. My Silverado, and my mother-in-laws Malibu, both do this far better, much more lenient on what is departure in the first place and a soft gentle nudge if you do drift. Btw, I tried a small piece of black vinyl over the warning light but it looked tacky.
I’d love it if they got rid of that warning light. I turned off lane departure ages ago. Drove me nuts, too.

I’d love it if they got rid of that warning light. I turned off lane departure ages ago. Drove me nuts, too.
Turned it off within the first hour of picking up the car and still off. Not just a Lucid thing for me though, didn't like it in my other cars as well.

Completely agree. I just took my Model S (which I rarely drive) to LA last night (because I'd rather not deal with the crappy freeways/roads and street parking in my Lucid) and it gave me a new appreciation how good FSD is for freeway driving vs DDP. I'm REALLY looking forward to Lucid releasing an update to DDP to catch up to Tesla.

View attachment 12456

I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone in finding the lane-keeping... aggressive. And often wrong. Reading over this thread and others, I see hints of my experience everywhere:
- Overly aggressive about what constitutes "departure". I've had it often correct me when I could easily see the lane markers.
- Treating merge markers as lane markers, and trying to shove me off the highway.
- Aggressively "sticking" one side to its definition of the lane edge, sometimes actively *pulling* me into it.

This last one is particularly frustrating. My previous car (a Tesla M3) would warn you and gently nudge you back into the lane. It wasn't perfect, but behaved reasonably most of the time. My Lucid GT will often grab the wheel and pull it "into" the lane edge, as though it were a rut. And often works against me when I try to recenter *away* from the edge.

Am I alone in this last point, or are others having similar experiences? I want to keep the feature on for safety, and in the hope that it will be corrected as updates continue. But it's incredibly frustrating, and elicits frequent concern from my wife and kids when the car jerks around on the highway.

- Aggressively "sticking" one side to its definition of the lane edge, sometimes actively *pulling* me into it.
Yes, this has been a problem since day 1, although I have made use of this feature: Before they had Highway Assist, when driving in the AZ White Mountains area, where there are many winding roads, I would let it "grab" the lane edge and allow it to steer for me for a while. Obviously I'd only do this when there were no oncoming cars. I was surprised that it would steer this way for maybe 10 seconds, before giving up.

I think the lane-keeping is disconnected from the highway assist, because it will do things like stop following the lane markings and decide that the highway assist is not staying in the lane and then attempt to correct it. I've had lane-keeping attempt to go right or left when that part of the road had no lane markings such as right or left turn lanes. It sees the opening as a wide lane and tries to center itself there. Hilarity ensues when Highway Assist is activate and Lane-Keeping attempts to override it.

I've had lane-keeping attempt to go right or left when that part of the road had no lane markings such as right or left turn lanes. It sees the opening as a wide lane and tries to center itself there.
Agreed, the most common occurance of this for me is when merging onto the freeway, the merge line ends and Luci aggressively tries to go left to find the line up to a point where she might actually side swipe a car in the real traffic lane, and you have to really fight back, and then the wife says, "what the ____ was that''. So in the spirit of "happy wife, happy life" lane departure will stay off until they find a way to make Luci less temperamental. And maybe they can fix the right bias of HA while they are at it, the steering wheel is on the left side of the car the last time I checked, thus the left line is the one I use as a guide. I thought I might be the odd ball, so I started really watching cars in front of me to see if I was in the minority, and what I noticed is the majority of drivers are left biased just as I am.

Hello all, I own a 2022 GT, I got delivered mid-2022 but just right after delivery I got transferred temporarily outside US to work. I then had to take the Lucid with me also a Tesla Model Y (my wife's car). Recently, lane centering just stopped working in my car. The screen does not show anymore any message to activate the feature while driving. On the other hand, I am having all other Dreamdrive features I know are active (like distance keeping, reading speed limits, lane departure warnings). The 360o cameras are working just fine, as well as the maps and everything else. So my hypothesis is that Lucid just blocked this specific feature for vehicles outside US but I am not sure. Wondering if any from the group has had any similar issues. If so, any procedure to try to reactivate Dreamdrive lane centering feature (maybe some calibration is needed, as it is necessary for Teslas?). Finally, if it is a Lucid SW decision, if there is any effective channel to discuss with Lucid to re-enable lane centering as this is a very useful feature... I really do not want to switch my Lucid to a Tesla Model S... Thank you!

Back