Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the turnaround for VIN to delivery, for recent assignments, is two weeks. The payment request to delivery is less than a week pending service center/delivery method (however, even the most presumably busy service centers like Millbrae seem to be moving fast).

It'll be interesting to see how fast they go with Grays once they start.

I got my VIN on Mar 22 with no word of delivery yet, so out of the two week window and into the 2-4 week window

I don't know, I'm leaning more towards cancelling at this stage. The only thing making me stick with it are the reviews of the current owners otherwise I would've run a long time ago. I'm just not a fan of rewarding poor behavior..... I'm torn because the feedback on the car is good yet the experience people are getting from Lucid is not "Luxury" at all. If I cancel, I will probably just move to Tesla which annoyingly will be a longer wait than if I just wait for the Lucid. That's the only advantage I see to stick with it right now because no matter how long the delays I will still probably get it sooner than ordering a car from someone else.
Not luxury at all? I have not heard that from any owners.

Seems like the turnaround for VIN to delivery, for recent assignments, is two weeks. The payment request to delivery is less than a week pending service center/delivery method (however, even the most presumably busy service centers like Millbrae seem to be moving fast).

It'll be interesting to see how fast they go with Grays once they start.
For what it is worth, the DA I spoke with on Friday said from VIN, it takes them about a week to produce and a week to deliver...

I got my VIN on Mar 22 with no word of delivery yet, so out of the two week window and into the 2-4 week window
I believe the later VIN assignments are getting the 2-week estimate. There are some outliers that may have been stopped due to part shortage or quality issue.

I think final destination matters quite a bit as far as the timing window. My car is out of production this last week but still needs to go to Chicago for inspection and then to New York. They are still telling me 3-4 weeks till delivery.

Trucks cannot make money running empty so Lucid probably has to wait until they have a full truck load going to a particular area. Otherwise trucking companies have to hop scotch across the country picking up vehicles as they deliver others. Scheduling trucks can be a nightmare and as I said they are usually filled all the time.

Trucks cannot make money running empty so Lucid probably has to wait until they have a full truck load going to a particular area. Otherwise trucking companies have to hop scotch across the country picking up vehicles as they deliver others. Scheduling trucks can be a nightmare and as I said they are usually filled all the time.
Add to that they can only transport 6 at a time...

Are they delivering out of non-CA Service Centers via large trucks, like from factory to SC, or are they delivering the ”last mile” from SC to customer via enclosed trailer? That “last mile” in my case is 600+. Detailing the cars at the SC and delivering over long distances presents some real logistical challenges, not to mention access to single or double car enclosed trailers If that is what they are doing.

Large trailers from factory to nearest SC. Last mile in enclosed trailer from SC to Home

Yep, that is going to present some challenges. I have shipped a couple of classic cars the same way over the last year or two and access isn’t alway easy. It can take a while to arrange.

I think final destination matters quite a bit as far as the timing window. My car is out of production this last week but still needs to go to Chicago for inspection and then to New York. They are still telling me 3-4 weeks till delivery.
Yea, the DA told me since I am in NY, because of some legal issue, they need to send the car from the Arizona plant, to Chicago and then from Chicago to New York.

Yes I believe you are correct. I’m closer to Casa Grande in Southern California than @CLTGT is to a service center. DA expressed delivery would be much quicker in my instance due to our location.

Anxiously awaiting a VIN for my quantum grey AGT (order completed on January 5). Was told "mid to late April", but am not overly optimistic at this point given the apparent 'grey delay'.

Seems there are quite a number of cars out of production, so the next month should be very telling as to whether Lucid has ramped up enough in the service / logistics area to manage the delivery process to meet the year end projections. Solving the backlog of early reservations and managing deliveries is their "opportunity" (how I've heard them describe "challenges"). Are there enough staff, and transport vehicles? I've offered to pick my car up if it would make an appreciable difference in timing, and you have to wonder when home deliveries will end. I'd love to hear from those who get the first deliveries from Chicago (which hasn't taken place yet): what ended up being the timing from notification of VIN, arrival to the Service Center, and ultimately delivery to your home? I'm optimistically hopeful to hear good news for the early reservation holders this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back